Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | familiar suggestion
it'd be nice if we could have a page for our equipped companions like Fiona's Fantastic Familiars, having them laid out in rows so it makes them easier to bond with, I've noticed how time consuming of a task it is for many especially when they have work and education such as myself and I just think it would make doing dailies a bit easier

Edit: After seeing the replies I understand some people have their own way of doing it which sometimes may be quicker than what I was suggesting but I feel, as mentioned in one of the replies, im thinking about the disablities as well, I struggle with my adhd and while I want to put in the effort it presents itself as a daunting task which I tend to shy away from most of the time, also with things like carpal tunnel and arthritis, I just think it'd make it quick and easier
it'd be nice if we could have a page for our equipped companions like Fiona's Fantastic Familiars, having them laid out in rows so it makes them easier to bond with, I've noticed how time consuming of a task it is for many especially when they have work and education such as myself and I just think it would make doing dailies a bit easier

Edit: After seeing the replies I understand some people have their own way of doing it which sometimes may be quicker than what I was suggesting but I feel, as mentioned in one of the replies, im thinking about the disablities as well, I struggle with my adhd and while I want to put in the effort it presents itself as a daunting task which I tend to shy away from most of the time, also with things like carpal tunnel and arthritis, I just think it'd make it quick and easier
Full support from me, familiar bonding is a pain
Full support from me, familiar bonding is a pain
Maple Leaf mmm leaf Art shop!
Fr +8
This has been a suggestion I've seen kick around for a while, and always one I've supported. It could be an option via the bestiary where you sort by familiars attached to dragons, and it has the little bonding bar under the familiars entries.
Or it could just be a new page through Fiona, so you have Feats, Flattery, and Familiarity (or some other f word that can mean guys you already have). You could even just add a "pen" area to the lair.
This has been a suggestion I've seen kick around for a while, and always one I've supported. It could be an option via the bestiary where you sort by familiars attached to dragons, and it has the little bonding bar under the familiars entries.
Or it could just be a new page through Fiona, so you have Feats, Flattery, and Familiarity (or some other f word that can mean guys you already have). You could even just add a "pen" area to the lair.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
i feel like this would be a great solution to the "bond all" suggestion that routinely gets shot down - the negative part is that it still requires a bit of clicking, but nowhere near as much clicking as having to

go to lair → click dragon → bond w familiar → exit out of prompt → press arrow to next dragon → repeat for as many dragons in your lair

OR if you do like i do with the beastiary method (convoluted but i like it)

go to beastiary → change to "lair" → change bond level (accordingly) → open tab for familiar (multiple) → bond familiar (multiple) → exit prompt/tab → repeat 150x

regardless of method above - this is a lot of clicking, a problem brought up routinely by people with various disabilities or mobility/joint issues

BUT with the fiona layout its simply

click familiar → exit prompt → repeat

though i hate "bond all ≠ ad revenue" as a response to a disability/QoL add-on, i understand that that's the primary way devs make money so something that is going to impede that isn't going to be favorable

depending on how you bond fiona, the page will refresh each time you exit the bonding prompt - or if you simply press x instead of the confirmation, you can bond with each familiar without refreshing the page
i feel like this would be a great solution to the "bond all" suggestion that routinely gets shot down - the negative part is that it still requires a bit of clicking, but nowhere near as much clicking as having to

go to lair → click dragon → bond w familiar → exit out of prompt → press arrow to next dragon → repeat for as many dragons in your lair

OR if you do like i do with the beastiary method (convoluted but i like it)

go to beastiary → change to "lair" → change bond level (accordingly) → open tab for familiar (multiple) → bond familiar (multiple) → exit prompt/tab → repeat 150x

regardless of method above - this is a lot of clicking, a problem brought up routinely by people with various disabilities or mobility/joint issues

BUT with the fiona layout its simply

click familiar → exit prompt → repeat

though i hate "bond all ≠ ad revenue" as a response to a disability/QoL add-on, i understand that that's the primary way devs make money so something that is going to impede that isn't going to be favorable

depending on how you bond fiona, the page will refresh each time you exit the bonding prompt - or if you simply press x instead of the confirmation, you can bond with each familiar without refreshing the page
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-05-01 06:39:12" ] i feel like this would be a great solution to the "bond all" suggestion that routinely gets shot down - the negative part is that it still requires a bit of clicking, but nowhere near as much clicking as having to go to lair → click dragon → bond w familiar → exit out of prompt → press arrow to next dragon → repeat for as many dragons in your lair [/quote] Just as a note, on Desktop you do not have to exit out of the prompt before hitting an arrow key to go to the next dragon in your lair (usually I'm going to the right). It saves a surprising amount of time! No real opinions on the OP's suggestion--it's actually significantly [i]faster[/i] for me to do the dragons in my lair than it is to do Fiona's, as I need to move the mouse more instead of just hitting next, but for users on mobile or touchscreen, I suspect it would be a benefit. I'd be fine with it as long as it is [i]only[/i] familiars who are actually attached to dragons in your active lair, though. (edited because I missed that you had already addressed a thing I mentioned!)
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-05-01 06:39:12:

Just as a note, on Desktop you do not have to exit out of the prompt before hitting an arrow key to go to the next dragon in your lair (usually I'm going to the right). It saves a surprising amount of time!

No real opinions on the OP's suggestion--it's actually significantly faster for me to do the dragons in my lair than it is to do Fiona's, as I need to move the mouse more instead of just hitting next, but for users on mobile or touchscreen, I suspect it would be a benefit. I'd be fine with it as long as it is only familiars who are actually attached to dragons in your active lair, though.

(edited because I missed that you had already addressed a thing I mentioned!)
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An