Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | any coliseum stat build guides?
so i showed my friend my coli builds for my dragons and turns out evening out my dragon’s stats might’ve been the wrong decision. whoops lol

does anyone have links to build guides / any advice on stats? specifically on this dragon https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93915230 . i’m probably going to reset his stats and stones later so any advice would be appreciated!

so i showed my friend my coli builds for my dragons and turns out evening out my dragon’s stats might’ve been the wrong decision. whoops lol

does anyone have links to build guides / any advice on stats? specifically on this dragon https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93915230 . i’m probably going to reset his stats and stones later so any advice would be appreciated!

@skllers

This guide https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3046364 is one of the best in the business, but my two cents:

You're right, the coli REALLY favors min-maxing over spreading stat points out. Also, it looks like you've got a mix of melee and mage battle stones on your dragons, which doesn't tend to be effective.

A dragon with STR as its best stat is going to do best with battle stones like scratch, shred, and eliminate (eliminate is massively powerful so this is most people's standard build). If you want to go for a mage, you'll want meditate to build breath and then other INT-based attacks like contuse and the special elemental attacks, plus Aid so your mage can act as a healer.

For your first coli team, I would basically recommend making all three dragons STR-based. You can do that with any dragons, you just might need a Scratch battlestone to sub in for Meditate. I've got about a million of those if you want some, plus a bunch of other battle stones. If you need anything or any help/advice just let me know!

EDIT: Hey, just realized you're a fellow Icicle! Ice has some great programs to help newbies get involved in coli and stuff, you should check out our forums!
@skllers

This guide https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3046364 is one of the best in the business, but my two cents:

You're right, the coli REALLY favors min-maxing over spreading stat points out. Also, it looks like you've got a mix of melee and mage battle stones on your dragons, which doesn't tend to be effective.

A dragon with STR as its best stat is going to do best with battle stones like scratch, shred, and eliminate (eliminate is massively powerful so this is most people's standard build). If you want to go for a mage, you'll want meditate to build breath and then other INT-based attacks like contuse and the special elemental attacks, plus Aid so your mage can act as a healer.

For your first coli team, I would basically recommend making all three dragons STR-based. You can do that with any dragons, you just might need a Scratch battlestone to sub in for Meditate. I've got about a million of those if you want some, plus a bunch of other battle stones. If you need anything or any help/advice just let me know!

EDIT: Hey, just realized you're a fellow Icicle! Ice has some great programs to help newbies get involved in coli and stuff, you should check out our forums!
This space intentionally left blank
@windstorm hi!! thank you so much for the help!! i was wondering about the difference between mage and melee. does mage mean element-based attacks (like frigid stone)? also i’ll definitely check out the ice forums, thank you! [emoji=tundra happy size=1] i may have gotten a little carried away with scrying every cool gen 1 i could find on the ah so i neglected the forums a bit,,,
@windstorm

hi!! thank you so much for the help!! i was wondering about the difference between mage and melee. does mage mean element-based attacks (like frigid stone)?

also i’ll definitely check out the ice forums, thank you! i may have gotten a little carried away with scrying every cool gen 1 i could find on the ah so i neglected the forums a bit,,,
Looking at builds that favor Ice, this one has an Ice recommended element. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3320928

Other people used Ice on a Mire Flyer, albeit not optimal. The Mire build I use is 120 STR, QCK 62, and VIT 30. This is with 3 berserkers and 2 ambushes. I have equipped eliminate, haste, rally, and sap. The optimal start off is haste, scratch, rally, scratch, and continue scratching until you can eliminate, used on a 2 or 3 meditate enemy set.
Looking at builds that favor Ice, this one has an Ice recommended element. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3320928

Other people used Ice on a Mire Flyer, albeit not optimal. The Mire build I use is 120 STR, QCK 62, and VIT 30. This is with 3 berserkers and 2 ambushes. I have equipped eliminate, haste, rally, and sap. The optimal start off is haste, scratch, rally, scratch, and continue scratching until you can eliminate, used on a 2 or 3 meditate enemy set.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
@skllers yeah, not a technical term or anything but the abilities that are more, for lack of a better word, spell-like, vs the ones that are depicted by various bloody slashes. The guide I linked you goes into it somewhat in the builds section and you can look at my Coli tab to see some examples of "finished" dragons. I mostly have STR-based Eliminate users but Martin is a mage. Beware, though, some of mine were statted and stoned way back in the day and the recommendations have changed!
@skllers yeah, not a technical term or anything but the abilities that are more, for lack of a better word, spell-like, vs the ones that are depicted by various bloody slashes. The guide I linked you goes into it somewhat in the builds section and you can look at my Coli tab to see some examples of "finished" dragons. I mostly have STR-based Eliminate users but Martin is a mage. Beware, though, some of mine were statted and stoned way back in the day and the recommendations have changed!
This space intentionally left blank
@skllers @windstorm
There are both melee and magic elemental attacks! Ones with 'slash' in the name are strength-based, 'bolt' and any others (Drown, Sear etc) are int-based.
@skllers @windstorm
There are both melee and magic elemental attacks! Ones with 'slash' in the name are strength-based, 'bolt' and any others (Drown, Sear etc) are int-based.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png