Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | coliseum grinding
a few days ago i finally got into the coliseum gameplay in order to train up fodder for gold and whatnot and i was thinking: in terms of generally valuable items and familiars, which stage is better? golem workshop or forbidden portal? because a lot of guides mention the golem workshop, but theyre also older ones made before the forbidden portal was introduced, and i cant find a loot table for forbidden portal either
a few days ago i finally got into the coliseum gameplay in order to train up fodder for gold and whatnot and i was thinking: in terms of generally valuable items and familiars, which stage is better? golem workshop or forbidden portal? because a lot of guides mention the golem workshop, but theyre also older ones made before the forbidden portal was introduced, and i cant find a loot table for forbidden portal either
GjtB9m2.png
@Sumish

In order to answer that question someone would need to price EVERY drop in all venues, figure out approximate drop rates and forecast demand/price based on when you'd get around to selling your drops when you get them. All venues have the same drop rate for identical items so it's down to battles per minute and the number of monsters that drop whatever it is that's unique to each venue.

Nobody does this. At best, people have tried approximating profits by grinding for a few hundred hours in a venue and then figuring out the average hoardsell of the drops. The most comprehensive guide for this was discontinued a few years ago and went solely by hoardsell value.

Maki's got a loot list here for the Forbidden Portal if you scroll down. Your team isn't likely to have a fun time there but it's doable. Maki's also got a Build Guide with various specialized builds.

Options are to price things yourself (very, very time consuming), concentrate on Trickmurk venues, or pick the least popular venues since it's likelier that drops are short supply if nobody is farming there.

You could also pick whatever venue you like, switch between a few or go where you still need Baldwin/Swipp/HDen items. Given the boom/bust cycle of drop prices eventually every venue will be the "best" venue.

For me, the quick and dirty way to approximate the more profitable venue is to count the number of venue-specific apparel pieces in the AH and check approximate LAH for each. The fewer listings the more likely I'll be to grind there unless the prices are also lower for them, too.
@Sumish

In order to answer that question someone would need to price EVERY drop in all venues, figure out approximate drop rates and forecast demand/price based on when you'd get around to selling your drops when you get them. All venues have the same drop rate for identical items so it's down to battles per minute and the number of monsters that drop whatever it is that's unique to each venue.

Nobody does this. At best, people have tried approximating profits by grinding for a few hundred hours in a venue and then figuring out the average hoardsell of the drops. The most comprehensive guide for this was discontinued a few years ago and went solely by hoardsell value.

Maki's got a loot list here for the Forbidden Portal if you scroll down. Your team isn't likely to have a fun time there but it's doable. Maki's also got a Build Guide with various specialized builds.

Options are to price things yourself (very, very time consuming), concentrate on Trickmurk venues, or pick the least popular venues since it's likelier that drops are short supply if nobody is farming there.

You could also pick whatever venue you like, switch between a few or go where you still need Baldwin/Swipp/HDen items. Given the boom/bust cycle of drop prices eventually every venue will be the "best" venue.

For me, the quick and dirty way to approximate the more profitable venue is to count the number of venue-specific apparel pieces in the AH and check approximate LAH for each. The fewer listings the more likely I'll be to grind there unless the prices are also lower for them, too.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
thank you so much for the in-depth reply!! ill definitely be looking at the guides provided, this will definitely help me decide on what i want to focus on next. maybe ill try to get all the familiars myself now that i have a good guide for them and just sell everything left over so it doesnt feel like such a straight up money grind? who knows, but ill def have an easier time figuring it all out now! <3
thank you so much for the in-depth reply!! ill definitely be looking at the guides provided, this will definitely help me decide on what i want to focus on next. maybe ill try to get all the familiars myself now that i have a good guide for them and just sell everything left over so it doesnt feel like such a straight up money grind? who knows, but ill def have an easier time figuring it all out now! <3
GjtB9m2.png