Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pathfinder 1E: LF Player(s)
Volunteer Player(s) needed for helping/assisting(playing) for a Game Master/long time roleplayer/worldbuilder to focus through new ADHD issues.

If anyone is interested in exploring a unique setting with partly homebrewed Pathfinder 1E, whether experienced in it or not, I'm absolutely willing to hand-hold and help someone learn and build a character.

I have a server with players/friends already, and a lot of lore and homebrew, but due to life and medical issues, the game has been on a long hiatus and many player/friends are busy or taking breaks and aren't as readily available as I need for this particular project.

If anyone takes up this offer, you may as well be ready to accept getting to know a new friend. As GM, I'm offering a lot of helpful encouraging guidance for anyone to get them comfortable if they're even tempted just a little. If you've never played Pathfinder before and have heard it's very number-crunchy and difficult...
I streamline and simplify a lot for the sake of good storytelling and player enjoyment. The rules for PF, which came from D&D, since the invention of D&D, have always stated that anything can be dropped from the game, or changed, for everyone's preferences.

Main points of interest...
Isekai style PC inclusion on isolated world
Semi-Open-Sandbox style setting
High Fantasy with touches of Arcanepunk / Solarpunk / Castlepunk / Steampunk and more
Several regions of semi-Feywild landscapes
Classic familiar D&D, PF, and also exotic creatures unique to the setting
In-world starter pack and magic item gifted by the Patron god that has chosen you
Earth-like cultures and languages included in some regions
Reasonable combat not meant to mercilessly end you, if combat is even wanted
Plots catered to your character, if so desired
Life-building, fetch-questing, explorative adventuring, dungeon grinding, knowledge-seeking, romancing, and more play styles optional...
Ability to potentially learn some out-of-class spells through roleplay
Default and fully customizable skills/skill ranks
Character conversions from other tabletops typically allowed
Original character conversions typically welcomed, within reason
Players may start level from 1-3, their choice
Some cultural/racial aspects in setting loosely based on history of Forgotten Realms
Multiclassing positive; build for fun or function as you like
Decently wide choice of playable races
Safe and LGBTQ+ positive space & GM
Much, much, more

Additional important details...
Players must be 18+
PbP (play-by-post) / Text-based roleplay only
Voice chat optional for ooc social or clarification on game
Decent literacy/descriptive skills required
Roll20 account mandatory, though majority gameplay is over Discord
Mature themed semi-reality-paralleled social issues may periodically arise in-character
Some aspects of modern D&D cultural/racial updates/retconning included
Religious classes have certain homebrew requirements to play
Min-maxing is "pointless"/not encouraged unless genuinely for character/concept flavor
Some character backstory/past life amnesia may be included/required in beginning play
PVP only allowable through both player's and GM's consent
PCs choices, good or bad, may affect the world and NPCs
Murderhobo behavior discouraged unless player seeks a grimdark challenge
Character conversions from other franchises in other media may be more limited
Player/character autonomy/agency always prioritized/discussed as needed
In-depth discussion available pre-game and at any time during regarding personal limits
Must be patient, a decent listener, willing to communicate and share thoughts
GM willing to discuss literally anything players need help with, including some life issues
Players willing to be patient if GM is needing breaks for mental/physical health issues

I may have forgotten some things, but you can probably see why. lol

Game will take place in hidden channels of my game server for player/player's privacy or anxiety.
(Everyone is friendly, either way. Most of them are veteran FR players like myself.)

In essence, my setting is incredibly huge. I got way ahead of myself as when I started this, it was some emotional healing and a comforting and fun distraction for I and several friends that had been playing together in a big community rp that inevitably crashed due to some very rude and unpleasant GMs/Storytellers that wanted everything to benefit them and cared nothing for players.

I am the opposite, and took care of players that all became friends. But my own game has ended up taking much more effort and mental energy, and I've gone through a bit of a bumpy mental road with depression/anxiety meds that both positively and negatively impacted by ability to focus properly. In one sense, this is a kind of therapy I need. I have friends willing to help when they can, but in this specific instance, I need to find someone with a fresh take and different needs. I need a new perspective, which helping someone learn to play or build a character and that has questions, is a mental exercise I need to help strengthen my mental faculties, or however you'd like to put it.

I have a case of partial smooth-brain, and I need to wrinkle it to the max again. lol

I'll toot my own horn and say people have always loved my detail and passion in worldbuilding with my original works or even my FR-tumblr blog years ago regarding my clan lore. I miss wowing and inspiring more people, and honestly, I'd love to see someone else light up at the potential of a little experimental endeavor, with patience needed and generously given for just the right kind of person I can work with.
Volunteer Player(s) needed for helping/assisting(playing) for a Game Master/long time roleplayer/worldbuilder to focus through new ADHD issues.

If anyone is interested in exploring a unique setting with partly homebrewed Pathfinder 1E, whether experienced in it or not, I'm absolutely willing to hand-hold and help someone learn and build a character.

I have a server with players/friends already, and a lot of lore and homebrew, but due to life and medical issues, the game has been on a long hiatus and many player/friends are busy or taking breaks and aren't as readily available as I need for this particular project.

If anyone takes up this offer, you may as well be ready to accept getting to know a new friend. As GM, I'm offering a lot of helpful encouraging guidance for anyone to get them comfortable if they're even tempted just a little. If you've never played Pathfinder before and have heard it's very number-crunchy and difficult...
I streamline and simplify a lot for the sake of good storytelling and player enjoyment. The rules for PF, which came from D&D, since the invention of D&D, have always stated that anything can be dropped from the game, or changed, for everyone's preferences.

Main points of interest...
Isekai style PC inclusion on isolated world
Semi-Open-Sandbox style setting
High Fantasy with touches of Arcanepunk / Solarpunk / Castlepunk / Steampunk and more
Several regions of semi-Feywild landscapes
Classic familiar D&D, PF, and also exotic creatures unique to the setting
In-world starter pack and magic item gifted by the Patron god that has chosen you
Earth-like cultures and languages included in some regions
Reasonable combat not meant to mercilessly end you, if combat is even wanted
Plots catered to your character, if so desired
Life-building, fetch-questing, explorative adventuring, dungeon grinding, knowledge-seeking, romancing, and more play styles optional...
Ability to potentially learn some out-of-class spells through roleplay
Default and fully customizable skills/skill ranks
Character conversions from other tabletops typically allowed
Original character conversions typically welcomed, within reason
Players may start level from 1-3, their choice
Some cultural/racial aspects in setting loosely based on history of Forgotten Realms
Multiclassing positive; build for fun or function as you like
Decently wide choice of playable races
Safe and LGBTQ+ positive space & GM
Much, much, more

Additional important details...
Players must be 18+
PbP (play-by-post) / Text-based roleplay only
Voice chat optional for ooc social or clarification on game
Decent literacy/descriptive skills required
Roll20 account mandatory, though majority gameplay is over Discord
Mature themed semi-reality-paralleled social issues may periodically arise in-character
Some aspects of modern D&D cultural/racial updates/retconning included
Religious classes have certain homebrew requirements to play
Min-maxing is "pointless"/not encouraged unless genuinely for character/concept flavor
Some character backstory/past life amnesia may be included/required in beginning play
PVP only allowable through both player's and GM's consent
PCs choices, good or bad, may affect the world and NPCs
Murderhobo behavior discouraged unless player seeks a grimdark challenge
Character conversions from other franchises in other media may be more limited
Player/character autonomy/agency always prioritized/discussed as needed
In-depth discussion available pre-game and at any time during regarding personal limits
Must be patient, a decent listener, willing to communicate and share thoughts
GM willing to discuss literally anything players need help with, including some life issues
Players willing to be patient if GM is needing breaks for mental/physical health issues

I may have forgotten some things, but you can probably see why. lol

Game will take place in hidden channels of my game server for player/player's privacy or anxiety.
(Everyone is friendly, either way. Most of them are veteran FR players like myself.)

In essence, my setting is incredibly huge. I got way ahead of myself as when I started this, it was some emotional healing and a comforting and fun distraction for I and several friends that had been playing together in a big community rp that inevitably crashed due to some very rude and unpleasant GMs/Storytellers that wanted everything to benefit them and cared nothing for players.

I am the opposite, and took care of players that all became friends. But my own game has ended up taking much more effort and mental energy, and I've gone through a bit of a bumpy mental road with depression/anxiety meds that both positively and negatively impacted by ability to focus properly. In one sense, this is a kind of therapy I need. I have friends willing to help when they can, but in this specific instance, I need to find someone with a fresh take and different needs. I need a new perspective, which helping someone learn to play or build a character and that has questions, is a mental exercise I need to help strengthen my mental faculties, or however you'd like to put it.

I have a case of partial smooth-brain, and I need to wrinkle it to the max again. lol

I'll toot my own horn and say people have always loved my detail and passion in worldbuilding with my original works or even my FR-tumblr blog years ago regarding my clan lore. I miss wowing and inspiring more people, and honestly, I'd love to see someone else light up at the potential of a little experimental endeavor, with patience needed and generously given for just the right kind of person I can work with.