Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Random Name Banned
I was clicking through the random name generator for my dragons and the name Fain came up. It was not allowed.
I was clicking through the random name generator for my dragons and the name Fain came up. It was not allowed.
@shikoba
yeap, this happens; the banned names list and the random names list are not updated at the same time. it's probably a low priority on the list of things to fix.
@shikoba
yeap, this happens; the banned names list and the random names list are not updated at the same time. it's probably a low priority on the list of things to fix.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Curious as to why it's not allowed.
Google seems to indicate it just means pleased/willing under the circumstances, obliged, or glad.
Curious as to why it's not allowed.
Google seems to indicate it just means pleased/willing under the circumstances, obliged, or glad.
pSn2GKM.png
@defure
discussion of banned names is not allowed on the forums. if you want an answer, you'll have to ask staff through Contact Us.
@defure
discussion of banned names is not allowed on the forums. if you want an answer, you'll have to ask staff through Contact Us.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
First things first, both our language and name filters have an industry-standard list as their backbones and are then added to over time based on the evolution of language and player choices/behavior.

We have genuinely no idea why this name is in the name filter. We performed both an internet search and a search of our own notes just in case someone did something terrible with that word as a name and nothing is coming up.

Barring something coming up to clarify why 'Fain' was initially part of or added to the list to start with, we've removed 'Fain' from the banned names filter. Our apologies for the confusion and thank you! @Shikoba
First things first, both our language and name filters have an industry-standard list as their backbones and are then added to over time based on the evolution of language and player choices/behavior.

We have genuinely no idea why this name is in the name filter. We performed both an internet search and a search of our own notes just in case someone did something terrible with that word as a name and nothing is coming up.

Barring something coming up to clarify why 'Fain' was initially part of or added to the list to start with, we've removed 'Fain' from the banned names filter. Our apologies for the confusion and thank you! @Shikoba