Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Baku
[center][item=baku][/center] Since they walk both the physical and ethereal planes, do you think baku can be familiars to auraboa dragons both in the Loop and the waking world?
Baku
Since they walk both the physical and ethereal planes, do you think baku can be familiars to auraboa dragons both in the Loop and the waking world?
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
Sure
Sure
1116657.pnga7ary6T.pngmy XYY & XYXY progens!KY9ywbZ.gifqWCWD5R.png
This is giving me the mental image of like an auraboa hatchling entering the Loop like "Mom, dad, look what I found." with the baku there, and everyone else just being confused as to how this... thing that clearly isn't one of them, or even any other kind of dragon, got there.
This is giving me the mental image of like an auraboa hatchling entering the Loop like "Mom, dad, look what I found." with the baku there, and everyone else just being confused as to how this... thing that clearly isn't one of them, or even any other kind of dragon, got there.
pSn2GKM.png
"where did you come from? why are you here?"
"where did you come from? why are you here?"
Howdy!

Helticks
+2 fr time
-xIsegSQ.png NL841GZ.png 90686005.png d974qyj.png
I would say the ethereal world is like an actual world of spirits and dead stuff, whereas the Loop is more of a mental connection. It's a bit different for me.
I would say the ethereal world is like an actual world of spirits and dead stuff, whereas the Loop is more of a mental connection. It's a bit different for me.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
The Baku from the game are inspired by the Baku from Japanese lore. They are known to eat bad dreams. And since the newer generation of Auraboa connect to the loop via sleep/dreaming, I would say yes!
The Baku from the game are inspired by the Baku from Japanese lore. They are known to eat bad dreams. And since the newer generation of Auraboa connect to the loop via sleep/dreaming, I would say yes!
6TRSoEc.gif
The Loop is more like a hivemind from what I understand; personally I dont think the Baku have anything to do with it but if thats your lore also totally fine with me
The Loop is more like a hivemind from what I understand; personally I dont think the Baku have anything to do with it but if thats your lore also totally fine with me
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
[quote name="TheNurgling" date="2023-11-29 22:18:18" ] The Baku from the game are inspired by the Baku from Japanese lore. They are known to eat bad dreams. And since the newer generation of Auraboa connect to the loop via sleep/dreaming, I would say yes! [/quote] I agree with this. I would think they could only become present in the Loop when in the presence of a sleeping youth, and probably only if they were actively consuming their dream. But that's only if the Baku actually enter the dream, I've seen different interpretations. Course it's possible they can't actually link but rather are just felt. But... Maybe they might be considered terrifying. After all they eat dreams. It just so happens they favor the [i]bad[/i] ones. But what if? Younger gen Boas might try to avoid them, not wanting to risk losing their connection to their elders.
TheNurgling wrote on 2023-11-29 22:18:18:
I agree with this. I would think they could only become present in the Loop when in the presence of a sleeping youth, and probably only if they were actively consuming their dream. But that's only if the Baku actually enter the dream, I've seen different interpretations. Course it's possible they can't actually link but rather are just felt.

But... Maybe they might be considered terrifying. After all they eat dreams. It just so happens they favor the bad ones. But what if? Younger gen Boas might try to avoid them, not wanting to risk losing their connection to their elders.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose