Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Imperial Female pose
1 2 3 4
Okay, so I have thought this for a while, but... the Imperial female dragon pose is a little weird to me. A lot of dragons are very visible, their silhouettes readable. I just wish I could see more of my Imperial females' traits.

For example: we only really get the one wing in the pose, the other nearly tucked behind the body. Half the body is covered with said wing, and any traits like Underbelly or Glitter are hardly visible except on the tail. This is just a personal gripe I'd say. I love Imperials, they might be my favorite breed, but I wish their pose was easier to read like the male's pose is.

That, and apparel is hard to see on females too. I have so many clothes that would look amazing on them if they were in a different pose ;-;

I will admit though that I like the motion of the Female Imperial pose; it feels very fluid and fast.
Okay, so I have thought this for a while, but... the Imperial female dragon pose is a little weird to me. A lot of dragons are very visible, their silhouettes readable. I just wish I could see more of my Imperial females' traits.

For example: we only really get the one wing in the pose, the other nearly tucked behind the body. Half the body is covered with said wing, and any traits like Underbelly or Glitter are hardly visible except on the tail. This is just a personal gripe I'd say. I love Imperials, they might be my favorite breed, but I wish their pose was easier to read like the male's pose is.

That, and apparel is hard to see on females too. I have so many clothes that would look amazing on them if they were in a different pose ;-;

I will admit though that I like the motion of the Female Imperial pose; it feels very fluid and fast.
I love female imperials (they used to be more than half my lair before I got into gen 1s) but it's true a lot of their body is hidden. It means basically any apparel that goes under the wings ends up being pretty lame looking. It's a fun challenge to dress them. If this were dragon share I'd dump a bunch of my imps here but I'll just post a link to my most heavily-dressed gal here.
I love female imperials (they used to be more than half my lair before I got into gen 1s) but it's true a lot of their body is hidden. It means basically any apparel that goes under the wings ends up being pretty lame looking. It's a fun challenge to dress them. If this were dragon share I'd dump a bunch of my imps here but I'll just post a link to my most heavily-dressed gal here.
Honestly I actually enjoy dressing them because I can focus on other items because I don't need to worry about dressing her body nearly as much, because it's hidden. I only need to imply she's got something there and I can focus on other accessories. I do wish more wing accessories would be placed on the back of the wings for this pose though.
Honestly I actually enjoy dressing them because I can focus on other items because I don't need to worry about dressing her body nearly as much, because it's hidden. I only need to imply she's got something there and I can focus on other accessories. I do wish more wing accessories would be placed on the back of the wings for this pose though.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
i actually like their pose more than the male's, it's more elegant to me

also the nature of it means that you can get away with "bad" gene combos easier
i actually like their pose more than the male's, it's more elegant to me

also the nature of it means that you can get away with "bad" gene combos easier
My opinion of the pose changes from day to day and from dragon to dragon...
My opinion of the pose changes from day to day and from dragon to dragon...
I agree, I love imps but the female pose is tough... I've been making use of that silhouette change scroll. Genes just end up looking hidden/unbalanced in the F pose.
I agree, I love imps but the female pose is tough... I've been making use of that silhouette change scroll. Genes just end up looking hidden/unbalanced in the F pose.
4Ahxw5q.png

a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

h7pejHd.gif
Female Imps are THE WORST horribly cluttered and unclear... I'll never have any but males are so good
Female Imps are THE WORST horribly cluttered and unclear... I'll never have any but males are so good
kXpNHpy.pngplagueshieldr.png99zjGkK.pngzSvfhTP.pngshadowshieldl.pngK3S42IV.png
they allow for an interesting view of a lot of apparel items, kind of similar to male mirrors. Most breeds you cant see their back except from a side angle. i do wish the arm apparel was less hidden, but they were one of the very first designs so I can understand they probably weren't making them with the subtle bracelets and jewelry in mind [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/1818855][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/18189/1818855_350.png[/img][/url]
they allow for an interesting view of a lot of apparel items, kind of similar to male mirrors. Most breeds you cant see their back except from a side angle. i do wish the arm apparel was less hidden, but they were one of the very first designs so I can understand they probably weren't making them with the subtle bracelets and jewelry in mind

1818855_350.png
sBdLZtA.png
I always thinks it's funny to see how the general consensus of Imperials nowadays is that the male pose is better- in Ye Olden Times, the F pose was preferred because it was more dynamic. But now dragon dress-up is a much bigger aspect of gameplay, and the majority find them very annoying to design outfits for! They're still great for skins and accents though- that wing is one big old canvas to my eyes!

I still have a soft spot for the female pose because I just think it's so lovely and fluid- like you can imagine that dragon twisting through the skies~
I always thinks it's funny to see how the general consensus of Imperials nowadays is that the male pose is better- in Ye Olden Times, the F pose was preferred because it was more dynamic. But now dragon dress-up is a much bigger aspect of gameplay, and the majority find them very annoying to design outfits for! They're still great for skins and accents though- that wing is one big old canvas to my eyes!

I still have a soft spot for the female pose because I just think it's so lovely and fluid- like you can imagine that dragon twisting through the skies~
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
they're difficult to work with for sure, but i like them :}
i think they can be a fun challenge!!

like some others said, i think its nice to not worry abt dressing the body, instead focusing on accessories :}
they're difficult to work with for sure, but i like them :}
i think they can be a fun challenge!!

like some others said, i think its nice to not worry abt dressing the body, instead focusing on accessories :}
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
1 2 3 4