Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So when is Coliseum getting revamped?
1 2 3
'Coming Soon' has been at the bottom there over Rated Match for years and years now, the RNG on enemy dodge rate and the lack of any ability or stat to counter that has been awful for years as well, and there's all kinds of tweaks and QoL changes that need attention.

With a big event like Warrior's Way having been added in recent years and all the other little events on the calendar that give rewards for taking part in combat, it's really surprising that this hasn't been the case. Shouldn't something be fixed and finished before more and more things use it?
'Coming Soon' has been at the bottom there over Rated Match for years and years now, the RNG on enemy dodge rate and the lack of any ability or stat to counter that has been awful for years as well, and there's all kinds of tweaks and QoL changes that need attention.

With a big event like Warrior's Way having been added in recent years and all the other little events on the calendar that give rewards for taking part in combat, it's really surprising that this hasn't been the case. Shouldn't something be fixed and finished before more and more things use it?
I agree, been wondering this myself about the coli. It seems like graphics on FR are always excellent excellent excellent, but some of the more complex coding(?) is neglected for awhile. Even a lot of the games at the fairgrounds are very, very basic. Same case.
I agree, been wondering this myself about the coli. It seems like graphics on FR are always excellent excellent excellent, but some of the more complex coding(?) is neglected for awhile. Even a lot of the games at the fairgrounds are very, very basic. Same case.
Oh boy.

Well, the coli is a pretty large part of FR's gameplay and has a lot of moving parts. I assume that they haven't revamped it because it's a massive project that might very well take all (coding) hands on deck, and they've had a lot of smaller projects recently that they wanted to get out of the way first.

I seriously doubt we will see a full coli revamp within the next five years, minus the rerelease of the PVP function (which was detailed in a 2019 developer update and mentioned again last year, so I expect it to be finished within the next two years).
Oh boy.

Well, the coli is a pretty large part of FR's gameplay and has a lot of moving parts. I assume that they haven't revamped it because it's a massive project that might very well take all (coding) hands on deck, and they've had a lot of smaller projects recently that they wanted to get out of the way first.

I seriously doubt we will see a full coli revamp within the next five years, minus the rerelease of the PVP function (which was detailed in a 2019 developer update and mentioned again last year, so I expect it to be finished within the next two years).
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
I feel like they said something about Ranked Battle but it's been a bit. The rest of the Coli revamp was mostly refactor though, it's just that they were looking into recalculating the stats or something in the future and that could wait.
I feel like they said something about Ranked Battle but it's been a bit. The rest of the Coli revamp was mostly refactor though, it's just that they were looking into recalculating the stats or something in the future and that could wait.
QYzhmAi.png
I swore Undel said that the 'camping' mechanic would be changed to restore a percentage of HP each time. Really looking forward for that to be implemented eventually, I dunno how long it's been since she announced that. ETA: she said it on Jan 18, 2023. [quote]Remove the randomized buff that completing a camping check provides, and replace it with a recharge on your dragons health. This is a universal benefit and could allow a party of dragons to keep their victory chain bonus going.[/quote]
I swore Undel said that the 'camping' mechanic would be changed to restore a percentage of HP each time. Really looking forward for that to be implemented eventually, I dunno how long it's been since she announced that.

ETA: she said it on Jan 18, 2023.
Quote:
Remove the randomized buff that completing a camping check provides, and replace it with a recharge on your dragons health. This is a universal benefit and could allow a party of dragons to keep their victory chain bonus going.
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
I just want to full screen on mobile again[emoji=obelisk sleepy size=1]
I just want to full screen on mobile again
Honestly, I'd be happy enough if they just tweaked the dodge rate on enemies. No matter what level you're at or how strong your dragon is, it's pretty ridiculous.
Honestly, I'd be happy enough if they just tweaked the dodge rate on enemies. No matter what level you're at or how strong your dragon is, it's pretty ridiculous.
[quote name="bittersuite" date="2023-08-09 16:40:22" ] I swore Undel said that the 'camping' mechanic would be changed to restore a percentage of HP each time. Really looking forward for that to be implemented eventually, I dunno how long it's been since she announced that. ETA: she said it on Jan 18, 2023. [quote]Remove the randomized buff that completing a camping check provides, and replace it with a recharge on your dragons health. This is a universal benefit and could allow a party of dragons to keep their victory chain bonus going.[/quote] [/quote] This was the first thing to come to mind too and I'm surprised it's not here yet. I'm not dying over it, it's just more of a passing thought like "oh yeah, that's not a thing yet" that I remember occasionally. Maybe it'll be here in autumn or winter?
bittersuite wrote on 2023-08-09 16:40:22:
I swore Undel said that the 'camping' mechanic would be changed to restore a percentage of HP each time. Really looking forward for that to be implemented eventually, I dunno how long it's been since she announced that.

ETA: she said it on Jan 18, 2023.
Quote:
Remove the randomized buff that completing a camping check provides, and replace it with a recharge on your dragons health. This is a universal benefit and could allow a party of dragons to keep their victory chain bonus going.
This was the first thing to come to mind too and I'm surprised it's not here yet.

I'm not dying over it, it's just more of a passing thought like "oh yeah, that's not a thing yet" that I remember occasionally.

Maybe it'll be here in autumn or winter?
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
[quote name="SerpentineSage" date="2023-08-09 17:56:18" ] I just want to full screen on mobile again[emoji=obelisk sleepy size=1] [/quote] .... YOU COULD FULLSCREEN MOBILE-
SerpentineSage wrote on 2023-08-09 17:56:18:
I just want to full screen on mobile again

YOU COULD FULLSCREEN MOBILE-
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
This is so funny but also sad bc the Coliseum has been revamped once already, but it still desperately needs tweaks. However, it's been on the backburner due to the whole refactor thing, I am pretty sure the Staff are back on track and are actively working on new content
This is so funny but also sad bc the Coliseum has been revamped once already, but it still desperately needs tweaks. However, it's been on the backburner due to the whole refactor thing, I am pretty sure the Staff are back on track and are actively working on new content
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3