Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Better nesting
Hello everyone!
I'm still rather new and i was wondering if theres something we can do to increase the chances of getting a baby dragon with special genes. I'd like my first dragons to parent some special babies so i bought some dragons with special genes to breed with but so far all the babies are plain except for some special eyes. Is there something i can do to increase the chances? Thanks for any kind of help!
Hello everyone!
I'm still rather new and i was wondering if theres something we can do to increase the chances of getting a baby dragon with special genes. I'd like my first dragons to parent some special babies so i bought some dragons with special genes to breed with but so far all the babies are plain except for some special eyes. Is there something i can do to increase the chances? Thanks for any kind of help!
@Aweirdworld

Welcome! When you're coming to Help Center with something, it always helps to have details as specific as possible - in this case, which dragons you're trying to get the genes of. I'm going to guess that you're running into problems because you're breeding a dragon you bought with one of your progenitors (the two dragons you started the game with) or one of their descendants, and looking at your lair I can see that Achievement is the dragon you chose to do so.

Genes have rarities that affect how easily they're passed down to hatchlings. All of the genes - and breed - that Achievement has are Rare, so against the plentiful Basic genes of her mate, each one has a less than 1% chance of appearing in a hatchling. You can see how the different tiers compare in the first post of this guide, as well as some examples of specific genes, although it doesn't have every gene listed. Any gene that has scrolls found in the gem side of the Marketplace is Rare; any that are from outside the Marketplace entirely are Limited; treasure Marketplace genes and breeds are either Common or Uncommon; the Basic gene and the breeds that your progenitors start as are Plentiful.
@Aweirdworld

Welcome! When you're coming to Help Center with something, it always helps to have details as specific as possible - in this case, which dragons you're trying to get the genes of. I'm going to guess that you're running into problems because you're breeding a dragon you bought with one of your progenitors (the two dragons you started the game with) or one of their descendants, and looking at your lair I can see that Achievement is the dragon you chose to do so.

Genes have rarities that affect how easily they're passed down to hatchlings. All of the genes - and breed - that Achievement has are Rare, so against the plentiful Basic genes of her mate, each one has a less than 1% chance of appearing in a hatchling. You can see how the different tiers compare in the first post of this guide, as well as some examples of specific genes, although it doesn't have every gene listed. Any gene that has scrolls found in the gem side of the Marketplace is Rare; any that are from outside the Marketplace entirely are Limited; treasure Marketplace genes and breeds are either Common or Uncommon; the Basic gene and the breeds that your progenitors start as are Plentiful.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Aweirdworld

Hello! Welcome to FR! Dragons have genes, a Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. Your Progenitors, the first dragons you got, have Basic genes on all three categories. Basic genes have the lowest rarity, meaning that if you breed two dragons with two different sets of genes and one has Basic, that is more likely to come out in the offspring. To get new genes on your dragons, you can get them as drops in the Coliseum, buy them in the Treasure or Gem marketplace, dig them up in Arlo in the Trading Post, or other activities across the site.

I'd highly suggest looking at the Game Database, under Items, then Specialty you can find every gene on the site and how to get them. And if you go to the Scrying Workshop under the Library heading you can preview what specific genes would look like on your dragons. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me I'd be glad to help!
@Aweirdworld

Hello! Welcome to FR! Dragons have genes, a Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. Your Progenitors, the first dragons you got, have Basic genes on all three categories. Basic genes have the lowest rarity, meaning that if you breed two dragons with two different sets of genes and one has Basic, that is more likely to come out in the offspring. To get new genes on your dragons, you can get them as drops in the Coliseum, buy them in the Treasure or Gem marketplace, dig them up in Arlo in the Trading Post, or other activities across the site.

I'd highly suggest looking at the Game Database, under Items, then Specialty you can find every gene on the site and how to get them. And if you go to the Scrying Workshop under the Library heading you can preview what specific genes would look like on your dragons. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me I'd be glad to help!
BzBkSdq.jpg VZurwbo.jpg XxMfGR7.jpg
Sadly there isn’t, if you want a gene to show up you either just keep trying with a basic gene ( very unlikely) or you pare them with a dragon that has a more rare/same rarity gene.
Sadly there isn’t, if you want a gene to show up you either just keep trying with a basic gene ( very unlikely) or you pare them with a dragon that has a more rare/same rarity gene.