Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why no "relist all" in AH?
I'm assuming the problem would be the high volume of relists occurring at once, but it would be an amazing quality of life update that would save a LOT of effort. After all, it's possible to clear all 60+ of my items at once...

A possible solution could be to initiate a "staggered relist" that slowly adds items back into the AH, preventing any kind of issue with the volume or speed at which items are added. It could save a lot of time, though the interface might need some work- a "relist in progress" and/or "items relisted" message would probably be necessary. Not to mention the question of when the items reenter the player's possession.

This has probably been brought up a lot but I'd appreciate either clarification of why there isn't a "relist all" or new thoughts on the topic :)
I'm assuming the problem would be the high volume of relists occurring at once, but it would be an amazing quality of life update that would save a LOT of effort. After all, it's possible to clear all 60+ of my items at once...

A possible solution could be to initiate a "staggered relist" that slowly adds items back into the AH, preventing any kind of issue with the volume or speed at which items are added. It could save a lot of time, though the interface might need some work- a "relist in progress" and/or "items relisted" message would probably be necessary. Not to mention the question of when the items reenter the player's possession.

This has probably been brought up a lot but I'd appreciate either clarification of why there isn't a "relist all" or new thoughts on the topic :)
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
For what it's worth, there's an easy method: set the "per page" number to 50, keep your mouse hovered over the "Relist" button, and hold down the Enter key as you repeatedly click the Relist button.

This will skip the dialog boxes and re-list each auction very quickly - you can do it with your eyes closed! It's basically the "staggered relist" you're suggesting, just with a little more effort on your end...which is important for reasons shared below.

This suggestion comes up somewhat frequently, and it's generally agreed that while "relist all" would be more efficient in theory, the convenience of this option would actually become a detriment for the site as a whole.

I wrote a longer post elaborating on the economics here, but in short:
  1. Processing potentially hundreds of auctions in a single click, from thousands of active players, may cause performance issues or errors across Flight Rising, as the server may struggle to process such large requests being made on a daily basis. The game is generally built for lots of small, individual button presses, rather than one big one.

This is the given reason from the developers themselves. As far as I understand it, clearing expired auctions is closer to deleting unnecessary data, while relisting them is an actual process with a lot of moving parts.
  2. Current AH prices are dependent on active players with the time and energy to compare AH prices and list theirs accordingly. Due to the ease of re-listing everything at once, "Relist all" would cause a lot of items to stagnate at absurd prices that the sellers have little incentive to reassess.

Even if this would be balanced by some players realizing the problem and re-listing manually, we would still have thousands of auctions that will never sell & take up valuable server resources to relist. Fewer clicks is more appealing, but unfortunately, that's exactly why we can't have it.
For what it's worth, there's an easy method: set the "per page" number to 50, keep your mouse hovered over the "Relist" button, and hold down the Enter key as you repeatedly click the Relist button.

This will skip the dialog boxes and re-list each auction very quickly - you can do it with your eyes closed! It's basically the "staggered relist" you're suggesting, just with a little more effort on your end...which is important for reasons shared below.

This suggestion comes up somewhat frequently, and it's generally agreed that while "relist all" would be more efficient in theory, the convenience of this option would actually become a detriment for the site as a whole.

I wrote a longer post elaborating on the economics here, but in short:
  1. Processing potentially hundreds of auctions in a single click, from thousands of active players, may cause performance issues or errors across Flight Rising, as the server may struggle to process such large requests being made on a daily basis. The game is generally built for lots of small, individual button presses, rather than one big one.

This is the given reason from the developers themselves. As far as I understand it, clearing expired auctions is closer to deleting unnecessary data, while relisting them is an actual process with a lot of moving parts.
  2. Current AH prices are dependent on active players with the time and energy to compare AH prices and list theirs accordingly. Due to the ease of re-listing everything at once, "Relist all" would cause a lot of items to stagnate at absurd prices that the sellers have little incentive to reassess.

Even if this would be balanced by some players realizing the problem and re-listing manually, we would still have thousands of auctions that will never sell & take up valuable server resources to relist. Fewer clicks is more appealing, but unfortunately, that's exactly why we can't have it.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@BoundlessSkies
This is indeed a suggestion that gets brought up often- and for future reference, I’d recommend looking through the forum search to see any common responses to some of the more popular ones like this

While lag (which has been mentioned by the devs at one point) is one of the main reasonings against this suggestion, the other primary one is market stagnation. If it were too easy to relist everything without considering why they haven’t sold yet then why would anyone bother to see if the prices for them are still accurate in the first place? Often times it’ll just lead to an even bigger stream of items that are listed too high and never end up selling
@BoundlessSkies
This is indeed a suggestion that gets brought up often- and for future reference, I’d recommend looking through the forum search to see any common responses to some of the more popular ones like this

While lag (which has been mentioned by the devs at one point) is one of the main reasonings against this suggestion, the other primary one is market stagnation. If it were too easy to relist everything without considering why they haven’t sold yet then why would anyone bother to see if the prices for them are still accurate in the first place? Often times it’ll just lead to an even bigger stream of items that are listed too high and never end up selling
unknown.png