Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Breed change on ancient dragons
hullo; haven't really been super active here for a while so I havent been keeping up with news and such

I thought for ancient dragons if the genes were compatible, when you changed breeds you would keep the genes. I was trying to change an obelisk dragon that had the colors i was looking for to an aberration dragon since it happened to have the right primary/secondary genes too, but I keep getting a pop up that because a gene isnt compatible they'll be reset?

I just removed the tert gene because that was incompatible but its still giving me that error with flaunt/flair/basic.

wondering if i missed something with ancient dragons; i like dressing up my dragons for the msot part so i esp havent been following updates on them...
hullo; haven't really been super active here for a while so I havent been keeping up with news and such

I thought for ancient dragons if the genes were compatible, when you changed breeds you would keep the genes. I was trying to change an obelisk dragon that had the colors i was looking for to an aberration dragon since it happened to have the right primary/secondary genes too, but I keep getting a pop up that because a gene isnt compatible they'll be reset?

I just removed the tert gene because that was incompatible but its still giving me that error with flaunt/flair/basic.

wondering if i missed something with ancient dragons; i like dressing up my dragons for the msot part so i esp havent been following updates on them...
@MightbeMagic Genes are always reset to basic when you change a dragon to or from an ancient. There are no compatible genes between moderns and ancients, or ancients and other ancients.
@MightbeMagic Genes are always reset to basic when you change a dragon to or from an ancient. There are no compatible genes between moderns and ancients, or ancients and other ancients.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@lonin aw beans that pop up is really misleading then. it reads like if you've got matching genes across breeds then it should work
@lonin aw beans that pop up is really misleading then. it reads like if you've got matching genes across breeds then it should work
@MightbeMagic The tooltips for ancient breed change scrolls do mention that using the item will reset all genes to basic [item=Breed Change: Undertide] If you think the wording of the second warning should be changed that would be something to post in the suggestions forum or through contact us.
@MightbeMagic The tooltips for ancient breed change scrolls do mention that using the item will reset all genes to basic Breed Change: Undertide

If you think the wording of the second warning should be changed that would be something to post in the suggestions forum or through contact us.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png