Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Tidal Trouble force changing resolution
I've never encountered this problem before today. I've had issues with the game Tidal Trouble freezing and suddenly whiting out and being unplayable till I refresh, but this is a definite rise from that. When the game froze, instead of just letting me refresh or click out, I suddenly had all of Firefox freeze on me, then had my resolution on my screen force changed to 640x400 something. I couldn't get it to change back. I couldn't exit out of firefox anymore. I had to force restart and then I could finally reach settings and change it back.

So I go "wow, that was weird" and go back to my Firefox session to play the game again. Almost immediately the same thing happens again! Same crash to white screen, same force change of the entire window size to match the game's size, same having to force restart to be able to even reach my settings to change anything. I severely don't want this to keep happening, so I'm just going to avoid playing games now I guess, but I wanted to let you know this happened and was distressing.
I've never encountered this problem before today. I've had issues with the game Tidal Trouble freezing and suddenly whiting out and being unplayable till I refresh, but this is a definite rise from that. When the game froze, instead of just letting me refresh or click out, I suddenly had all of Firefox freeze on me, then had my resolution on my screen force changed to 640x400 something. I couldn't get it to change back. I couldn't exit out of firefox anymore. I had to force restart and then I could finally reach settings and change it back.

So I go "wow, that was weird" and go back to my Firefox session to play the game again. Almost immediately the same thing happens again! Same crash to white screen, same force change of the entire window size to match the game's size, same having to force restart to be able to even reach my settings to change anything. I severely don't want this to keep happening, so I'm just going to avoid playing games now I guess, but I wanted to let you know this happened and was distressing.
@TheMockingCrows this sounds a bit like your computer might be running out of memory. try it again, but monitor your computer's performance with task manager. also try playing with different browser (firefox is notorious of having memory leak issues)
@TheMockingCrows this sounds a bit like your computer might be running out of memory. try it again, but monitor your computer's performance with task manager. also try playing with different browser (firefox is notorious of having memory leak issues)
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd