Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help Finding an old dragon ios game?
Hey, I tried posting abt this to reddit and got nothing, I figured a group of people who also probably played every game with dragons possible when they were younger, I wonder if any of you remember these games Copy+Pasted info from my reddit post, if anyone else remembers this game thank you so much ahhhh [quote][b]Platform(s)[/b]: IoS [b]Genre:[/b] Roleplaying Game/Social [b]Estimated year of release:[/b] ~2010 [b]Graphics/art style:[/b] Mostly text, some simple black and white sprites (I distinctly remember a skeleton fight) [b]Notable characters:[/b] N/A [b] Notable gameplay mechanics[/b]: There was a choice to fight enemies in a very simple battle mechanic- I admittedly didn't play this part of the game much mostly using it for roleplays [b]Other details:[/b] The game had forums built into the game, and you could join other peoples factions for faction specific forums. I remember a lot of people used the forum to roleplay as warrior cats, in spite of the fact it was dragon based. I remember there being some vague character creation where you would create a dragon character- but it was only text based. For example you would click that you were a light dragon or something. I remember the art style being very simple. The best example I can think of is gen 1 pokemon games, but less cartoony. The sprites were black and white (or perhaps black and dark blue/purple). I remember the skeleton had a sword and shield. I can't remember any other enemies sorry. The game was mostly text based so there was very little art within the game. I remember the fights you had to do alone and the forums were mostly just for people to talk within the game. I'm pretty sure the year I played it was either 2010 or 2011 because I was either in 6th or 7th grade, but it was probably out before that.[/quote]
Hey, I tried posting abt this to reddit and got nothing, I figured a group of people who also probably played every game with dragons possible when they were younger, I wonder if any of you remember these games

Copy+Pasted info from my reddit post, if anyone else remembers this game thank you so much ahhhh
Quote:
Platform(s): IoS

Genre: Roleplaying Game/Social

Estimated year of release: ~2010

Graphics/art style: Mostly text, some simple black and white sprites (I distinctly remember a skeleton fight)

Notable characters: N/A

Notable gameplay mechanics
: There was a choice to fight enemies in a very simple battle mechanic- I admittedly didn't play this part of the game much mostly using it for roleplays

Other details:

The game had forums built into the game, and you could join other peoples factions for faction specific forums. I remember a lot of people used the forum to roleplay as warrior cats, in spite of the fact it was dragon based. I remember there being some vague character creation where you would create a dragon character- but it was only text based. For example you would click that you were a light dragon or something.

I remember the art style being very simple. The best example I can think of is gen 1 pokemon games, but less cartoony. The sprites were black and white (or perhaps black and dark blue/purple). I remember the skeleton had a sword and shield. I can't remember any other enemies sorry. The game was mostly text based so there was very little art within the game. I remember the fights you had to do alone and the forums were mostly just for people to talk within the game.

I'm pretty sure the year I played it was either 2010 or 2011 because I was either in 6th or 7th grade, but it was probably out before that.