Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Adjust Baldwin's Drop Rates or Brew Time
I am aware that certain transmutation materials are harder to obtain than others due to a lower drop rate. It adds fun challenge to the brewing process! However, lately I have been reducing lots of trinket items and I have, 15 times in a row (over 7 hours of collective brewing), received green sludge. It's getting to be a bit irritating, especially because brewing takes 30 mins.

Even with Arlo's 'rugged work' which randomly selects tiles, the wait is only 15 mins so I can easily dig a few times while online briefly to do daily tasks. Baldwin's Brew has been a bit too much of a challenge lately for me as a player that doesn't want to spend hours online every day. I think it would be nice to make this activity more compatible for casual players.

Adjusting the drop rates and/or brew time would, in my opinion, be the ideal solution, but you could also solve this issue by allowing several items to be reduced at once or creating a limited automatic brewing queue (for example, perhaps a max of 5 items at once or 5 brews in a row). I understand the desire to encourage active rather than idle play but again, I feel like there could be at least some compromise in this area.
I am aware that certain transmutation materials are harder to obtain than others due to a lower drop rate. It adds fun challenge to the brewing process! However, lately I have been reducing lots of trinket items and I have, 15 times in a row (over 7 hours of collective brewing), received green sludge. It's getting to be a bit irritating, especially because brewing takes 30 mins.

Even with Arlo's 'rugged work' which randomly selects tiles, the wait is only 15 mins so I can easily dig a few times while online briefly to do daily tasks. Baldwin's Brew has been a bit too much of a challenge lately for me as a player that doesn't want to spend hours online every day. I think it would be nice to make this activity more compatible for casual players.

Adjusting the drop rates and/or brew time would, in my opinion, be the ideal solution, but you could also solve this issue by allowing several items to be reduced at once or creating a limited automatic brewing queue (for example, perhaps a max of 5 items at once or 5 brews in a row). I understand the desire to encourage active rather than idle play but again, I feel like there could be at least some compromise in this area.
If you're level 10 and over, you can convert your greens into yellows, your yellows into oranges, your oranges into reds and such.

Absolutely no to a Baldwin queue. The game should not play itself.
If you're level 10 and over, you can convert your greens into yellows, your yellows into oranges, your oranges into reds and such.

baldwin has been as it is for a while now, it might throw off balance to suddenly halve brew time.

I would support a manual queue, where you can load up a bunch of items in one go, then return to the cauldron to retrieve one and load the next in one click. This streamlines the process somewhat (loading items is always what takes the most time for me) while still requiring user interaction and getting ad views for the site.
baldwin has been as it is for a while now, it might throw off balance to suddenly halve brew time.

I would support a manual queue, where you can load up a bunch of items in one go, then return to the cauldron to retrieve one and load the next in one click. This streamlines the process somewhat (loading items is always what takes the most time for me) while still requiring user interaction and getting ad views for the site.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2022-06-19 13:00:25" ] If you're level 10 and over, you can convert your greens into yellows, your yellows into oranges, your oranges into reds and such. Absolutely no to a Baldwin queue. The game should not play itself. [/quote] I'm level 9, approaching level 10 and I am aware that I'll soon be able to brew materials. Just suggesting that for newer users who still want to casually get into the game, it might be nice to have some better control over obtaining materials. I've been playing for a few years but I didn't touch Baldwin's Brew until this year because the difficulty and time-consumption is a bit intimidating. It would be nice to see Baldwin's be more accessible to newer users or those who have limited play time. Also I did note that the queue idea wasn't my preferred suggestion. I do think there are flaws with that idea. However, I am not suggesting that the game play itself. Like I said, the emphasis should be on active play but there should be some way to retain that while still making the feature more balanced.
Corviknight wrote on 2022-06-19 13:00:25:

I'm level 9, approaching level 10 and I am aware that I'll soon be able to brew materials. Just suggesting that for newer users who still want to casually get into the game, it might be nice to have some better control over obtaining materials. I've been playing for a few years but I didn't touch Baldwin's Brew until this year because the difficulty and time-consumption is a bit intimidating. It would be nice to see Baldwin's be more accessible to newer users or those who have limited play time.

Also I did note that the queue idea wasn't my preferred suggestion. I do think there are flaws with that idea. However, I am not suggesting that the game play itself. Like I said, the emphasis should be on active play but there should be some way to retain that while still making the feature more balanced.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2022-06-19 13:39:41" ] baldwin has been as it is for a while now, it might throw off balance to suddenly halve brew time. I would support a manual queue, where you can load up a bunch of items in one go, then return to the cauldron to retrieve one and load the next in one click. This streamlines the process somewhat (loading items is always what takes the most time for me) while still requiring user interaction and getting ad views for the site. [/quote] The manual queue sounds like a really good idea! Balanced and fair.
Crowbar wrote on 2022-06-19 13:39:41:

The manual queue sounds like a really good idea! Balanced and fair.
Always in favor of a manual queue
Always in favor of a manual queue
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
I'm not sure a manual queue would even be necessary if we just got the ability to search for items in the menu, since 90% of the tedium is trying to find the right item by icon alone.
I'm not sure a manual queue would even be necessary if we just got the ability to search for items in the menu, since 90% of the tedium is trying to find the right item by icon alone.
21402.png
[quote name="Drudenkreuz" date="2022-06-21 12:50:09" ] I'm not sure a manual queue would even be necessary if we just got the ability to search for items in the menu, since 90% of the tedium is trying to find the right item by icon alone. [/quote] I'd much prefer a search to be added as well! Support manual q, absolutely no support on the rest. It would be unreasonable on the people who got to higher levels the hard way.
Drudenkreuz wrote on 2022-06-21 12:50:09:

I'd much prefer a search to be added as well!

Support manual q, absolutely no support on the rest. It would be unreasonable on the people who got to higher levels the hard way.
2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-2-w-apparel.png _aaaaa
My name is Derek! he/him

vz4ED9D.png
_aaaaa 2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-w-apparel-flipped.png
I like the idea of adjusting the drop rates and brew times as someone who's level 11 and also spent several weeks brewing the items I needed.
I like the idea of adjusting the drop rates and brew times as someone who's level 11 and also spent several weeks brewing the items I needed.
Please ping me! I won't see otherwise! Thank you!
22 | DID System (~80+)
he/him/his
RzUHyEQ.png
~ I do intend to put more stuff here as time goes on! I may add a link to certain spreadsheets or wishlists! ~
[quote name="Drudenkreuz" date="2022-06-21 12:50:09" ] I'm not sure a manual queue would even be necessary if we just got the ability to search for items in the menu, since 90% of the tedium is trying to find the right item by icon alone. [/quote] I would absolutely love a search. Right now, half the time I transmute something I do it straight from the hoard because otherwise it is so frustrating tiring to find the right familiar or apparel from a teensy tiny icon.
Drudenkreuz wrote on 2022-06-21 12:50:09:

I would absolutely love a search. Right now, half the time I transmute something I do it straight from the hoard because otherwise it is so frustrating tiring to find the right familiar or apparel from a teensy tiny icon.
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif