Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Common New Player "Mistakes"
1 2 3 4 5
Hey y'all! I'm relatively new to the site, and of course, I love dragons, the artstyles, the fact they're so customizable and breeding projects are a huge deal to me. Naturally I was excited to get going.

Perhaps a little TOO excited! I was on the auction house looking for some random gen 1s (An old friend of mine had told me about the site, gave me some tips on breeding projects), and I saw a cute little mirror that would look amazing with circuit as a tertiary gene. So naturally I grabbed him, thinking that was fine, he'd grow up in a few days.

Well in my rush to grab him, I did not realize this particular dragon had been put into the eternal youthful state. Shows me to read more before purchasing! Alas, a waste of gems, but an important lesson to learn!

What are other "New Player Mistakes" have you guys experienced?

Hey y'all! I'm relatively new to the site, and of course, I love dragons, the artstyles, the fact they're so customizable and breeding projects are a huge deal to me. Naturally I was excited to get going.

Perhaps a little TOO excited! I was on the auction house looking for some random gen 1s (An old friend of mine had told me about the site, gave me some tips on breeding projects), and I saw a cute little mirror that would look amazing with circuit as a tertiary gene. So naturally I grabbed him, thinking that was fine, he'd grow up in a few days.

Well in my rush to grab him, I did not realize this particular dragon had been put into the eternal youthful state. Shows me to read more before purchasing! Alas, a waste of gems, but an important lesson to learn!

What are other "New Player Mistakes" have you guys experienced?

[font=Comic Sans MS]@SilverStrange Don't know if you knew about it, but there's this scroll that can revert effect of Eternal Youth Scroll, though it costs 200g [emoji=imperial winking size=1] [item=Scroll of Maturity] [font=Comic Sans MS]Anyway, the only thing I can really remember is selling food without checking lowest AH price for only slightly more than hoardsell price and was happy that it sells so quickly. Then I realized [i]why[/i] it was selling so quickly... I think I wasn't even *that* new already when I was doing this, but yeah. [/font]
@SilverStrange
Don't know if you knew about it, but there's this scroll that can revert effect of Eternal Youth Scroll, though it costs 200g
Scroll of Maturity

Anyway, the only thing I can really remember is selling food without checking lowest AH price for only slightly more than hoardsell price and was happy that it sells so quickly. Then I realized why it was selling so quickly... I think I wasn't even *that* new already when I was doing this, but yeah.
W6LdAlV.gif
Omg, I had no idea! I might just be able to look into that if it's that easy of a solution! Thank you! <3
Omg, I had no idea! I might just be able to look into that if it's that easy of a solution! Thank you! <3
I spent a LOT of time in Woodland Path early on while getting into coli, and I chucked at [i]least[/i] half a dozen blushing pink roses (apparel item) into baldwin, because they had a low hoardsell value and they dropped constantly, I just assumed they weren't worth anything. Turns out they were selling on the AH for between 60-80g each at the time. [emoji=bogsneak sad size=2] So yeah, pay attention to the player-to-player market before hoardselling or trading an item to the site, lots of stuff with low site values are worth a lot to players, either because they are popular or they're used to obtain something else that is.
I spent a LOT of time in Woodland Path early on while getting into coli, and I chucked at least half a dozen blushing pink roses (apparel item) into baldwin, because they had a low hoardsell value and they dropped constantly, I just assumed they weren't worth anything. Turns out they were selling on the AH for between 60-80g each at the time.

So yeah, pay attention to the player-to-player market before hoardselling or trading an item to the site, lots of stuff with low site values are worth a lot to players, either because they are popular or they're used to obtain something else that is.
When I first joined, I didn't know currency abbreviations. I kept getting confused when a k was in front of a g or t. At the time, I just assumed it was a typo. I tried to purchase a dragon for what I thought was 250t... it was actually 250kt, lol.
Fortunately, I ended up deleting the reply before anyone saw it.

It was about a week after I joined, too. I should've known all this stuff by now...

When I first joined, I didn't know currency abbreviations. I kept getting confused when a k was in front of a g or t. At the time, I just assumed it was a typo. I tried to purchase a dragon for what I thought was 250t... it was actually 250kt, lol.
Fortunately, I ended up deleting the reply before anyone saw it.

It was about a week after I joined, too. I should've known all this stuff by now...

7gEpwhd_d.webp?maxwidth=1&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
feel free to ping! | they/them | fr time |
Hi! I'm Mono, your local laughingstock. If you've got any spare... well, anything, I'd be happy to take it!

profile | wishlist | art dump | ???
@silverstrange

I'm not sure what a dragon being permababied has to do with gene application. you can put circuit on him all the same :-)

Also, you could use the scroll of maturity on him, but that would just cost an extra 200g. If I were you, I'd rather find similar dragons to breed for him... but then again you might just not be that attached. It is a rare combo, after all.

I'd advise new players to check player markets, which includes forums, for the actual prices of things. Also, being new has value. Many hatcheries and services are nicer to new players, providing discounts and sometimes just giving things out for free. So if you want a bit of a head start you should check out Raffles & Giveaways as well as the Dragon Trading forums.
@silverstrange

I'm not sure what a dragon being permababied has to do with gene application. you can put circuit on him all the same :-)

Also, you could use the scroll of maturity on him, but that would just cost an extra 200g. If I were you, I'd rather find similar dragons to breed for him... but then again you might just not be that attached. It is a rare combo, after all.

I'd advise new players to check player markets, which includes forums, for the actual prices of things. Also, being new has value. Many hatcheries and services are nicer to new players, providing discounts and sometimes just giving things out for free. So if you want a bit of a head start you should check out Raffles & Giveaways as well as the Dragon Trading forums.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

Not checking the gen of dragons before selling them. Gen 2 dragons go for a little higher, especially imps.

I accidentally sold a G2 imp for 11kt and was pretty annoyed at myself xD
Not checking the gen of dragons before selling them. Gen 2 dragons go for a little higher, especially imps.

I accidentally sold a G2 imp for 11kt and was pretty annoyed at myself xD
Heart.gif
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2022-01-16 14:08:32" ] @silverstrange I'm not sure what a dragon being permababied has to do with gene application. you can put circuit on him all the same :-) [/quote] Actually, it wasn't the gene application that was the issue, I did in fact want to breed him so I hadn't bought curcuit yet to add to him. As you and someone else mentioned, I can just keep him and use that special scroll-good information to know!-and keep him and eventually get his circuit for breeding!
Coincidence wrote on 2022-01-16 14:08:32:
@silverstrange

Actually, it wasn't the gene application that was the issue, I did in fact want to breed him so I hadn't bought curcuit yet to add to him. As you and someone else mentioned, I can just keep him and use that special scroll-good information to know!-and keep him and eventually get his circuit for breeding!
Selling or exalting primal hatchlings (at least before the eye vials came out). The first primal I hatched was a snapper, just a while after I joined, and I loved him as a baby and then he grew up and I exalted him because I don't like the male snapper pose. In hindsight I definitely should've kept him - at the very least I could have breedchanged him into something else!
Selling or exalting primal hatchlings (at least before the eye vials came out). The first primal I hatched was a snapper, just a while after I joined, and I loved him as a baby and then he grew up and I exalted him because I don't like the male snapper pose. In hindsight I definitely should've kept him - at the very least I could have breedchanged him into something else!
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
Perhaps not a mistake, but something I've seen people say took them a very long time to figure out is that unlocking apparel slots unlocks it for all of your dragons and not just the individual dragon. So no need to stress about unlocking apparel slots for a dragon you aren't sure if you're keeping

A mistake I personally made was hatching unhatched eggs I came across. I had no idea they sold for so much. Some of the hatchlings that came out were pretty too but I didn't know of their value and gave them away to friends. I didn't want to pay for genes at the time
Perhaps not a mistake, but something I've seen people say took them a very long time to figure out is that unlocking apparel slots unlocks it for all of your dragons and not just the individual dragon. So no need to stress about unlocking apparel slots for a dragon you aren't sure if you're keeping

A mistake I personally made was hatching unhatched eggs I came across. I had no idea they sold for so much. Some of the hatchlings that came out were pretty too but I didn't know of their value and gave them away to friends. I didn't want to pay for genes at the time
She/Her
Adult
Untitled18_20230718164049.png
1 2 3 4 5