Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggestion to eyes, colored lenses?
So I think it'd be cool to have dragons with eye colours that aren't locked to their element. So for example you could have a earth elemental dragon but you use this item and it makes the eyes change colour , the type of eye your dragon has doesn't change but if you use say plague contact lenses then suddenly the eyes look red for example.

There could be a icon or just simply (contact lense- *element name*) under the eye description

So for example

Element : Ice
Eyes : uncommon (contact lenses -light)

I'm not sure if this would work best as a consumable scroll or as an apparel peice to be honest I just thought it would allow more customisation.

Also having a dragon hatchling show eyes of light's color even though they are an ice elementa? Because they were the offspring of a ice/light paring seeing little hatchlings sort of display traits from both parents would be awesome I think

And if it's a scroll item like the sight scrolls I think that's even better because then you can have this shown in ancient breeds and also in HATCHLINGS (so cute )
So I think it'd be cool to have dragons with eye colours that aren't locked to their element. So for example you could have a earth elemental dragon but you use this item and it makes the eyes change colour , the type of eye your dragon has doesn't change but if you use say plague contact lenses then suddenly the eyes look red for example.

There could be a icon or just simply (contact lense- *element name*) under the eye description

So for example

Element : Ice
Eyes : uncommon (contact lenses -light)

I'm not sure if this would work best as a consumable scroll or as an apparel peice to be honest I just thought it would allow more customisation.

Also having a dragon hatchling show eyes of light's color even though they are an ice elementa? Because they were the offspring of a ice/light paring seeing little hatchlings sort of display traits from both parents would be awesome I think

And if it's a scroll item like the sight scrolls I think that's even better because then you can have this shown in ancient breeds and also in HATCHLINGS (so cute )
I'd support this only as an apparel item, but never as a permanent change to the dragon like we'd likely see with a scroll.

My main reason for this caveat is so a dragon couldn't be mistakenly bought and sold as something it isn't. Elemental alignment is one of the only things we can't change about a dragon, and I wouldn't like to see any change here. If you buy an Ice dragon, for example, it should stay an Ice dragon.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing coloured contact apparel pieces. That way, a dragon couldn't be sold with a misleading eye colour. I'd honestly prefer it if the hypothetical elemental contacts were a shade different from any natural eye colour shades, just to prevent confusion altogether, but I see very little risk of selling under false pretenses here given that apparel must be removed before a dragon can be sold. Your suggestion that an icon showing up to indicate the dragon is wearing contacts might not be strictly necessary, but it would only further prevent any cases of mistaken identity.

So yes, I'll always support coloured lenses as long as it's an apparel piece! I think you're right that this would be a great additional customization feature. However, as for your other suggestion, I have to say no support for hatchlings being born with eyes of a different colour than their element; like I said, innate element is one of the few things we can't change, and there are good lore reasons for that.
I'd support this only as an apparel item, but never as a permanent change to the dragon like we'd likely see with a scroll.

My main reason for this caveat is so a dragon couldn't be mistakenly bought and sold as something it isn't. Elemental alignment is one of the only things we can't change about a dragon, and I wouldn't like to see any change here. If you buy an Ice dragon, for example, it should stay an Ice dragon.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing coloured contact apparel pieces. That way, a dragon couldn't be sold with a misleading eye colour. I'd honestly prefer it if the hypothetical elemental contacts were a shade different from any natural eye colour shades, just to prevent confusion altogether, but I see very little risk of selling under false pretenses here given that apparel must be removed before a dragon can be sold. Your suggestion that an icon showing up to indicate the dragon is wearing contacts might not be strictly necessary, but it would only further prevent any cases of mistaken identity.

So yes, I'll always support coloured lenses as long as it's an apparel piece! I think you're right that this would be a great additional customization feature. However, as for your other suggestion, I have to say no support for hatchlings being born with eyes of a different colour than their element; like I said, innate element is one of the few things we can't change, and there are good lore reasons for that.
71MmSto.png qb9pYzX.png
mlHpBMC.png
eIK5iG7.png
iuEBSJ3.png
z91vYLJ.png
jF7sMK8.png 6meUms1.png
mjtJ868.png
BMbHYAh.png
ll0CfnD.png
XgCPwcP.png
L5obLl5.png
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2021-09-07 19:55:15" ] I'd support this only as an apparel item, but never as a permanent change to the dragon like we'd likely see with a scroll. My main reason for this caveat is so a dragon couldn't be mistakenly bought and sold as something it isn't. Elemental alignment is one of the only things we can't change about a dragon, and I wouldn't like to see any change here. If you buy an Ice dragon, for example, it should stay an Ice dragon. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing coloured contact apparel pieces. That way, a dragon couldn't be sold with a misleading eye colour. I'd honestly prefer it if the hypothetical elemental contacts were a shade different from any natural eye colour shades, just to prevent confusion altogether, but I see very little risk of selling under false pretenses here given that apparel must be removed before a dragon can be sold. Your suggestion that an icon showing up to indicate the dragon is wearing contacts might not be strictly necessary, but it would only further prevent any cases of mistaken identity. So yes, I'll always support coloured lenses as long as it's an apparel piece! I think you're right that this would be a great additional customization feature. However, as for your other suggestion, I have to say no support for hatchlings being born with eyes of a different colour than their element; like I said, innate element is one of the few things we can't change, and there are good lore reasons for that. [/quote] I agree with this.
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2021-09-07 19:55:15:

I agree with this.
Hey I'm Helix|+2 FR Time| I collect Jade/Obsidian dragons regardless of the tert or Gen Check out my Accent shop!
[quote name="Helixstorm" date="2021-09-07 20:46:06" ] [quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2021-09-07 19:55:15" ] I'd support this only as an apparel item, but never as a permanent change to the dragon like we'd likely see with a scroll. My main reason for this caveat is so a dragon couldn't be mistakenly bought and sold as something it isn't. Elemental alignment is one of the only things we can't change about a dragon, and I wouldn't like to see any change here. If you buy an Ice dragon, for example, it should stay an Ice dragon. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing coloured contact apparel pieces. That way, a dragon couldn't be sold with a misleading eye colour. I'd honestly prefer it if the hypothetical elemental contacts were a shade different from any natural eye colour shades, just to prevent confusion altogether, but I see very little risk of selling under false pretenses here given that apparel must be removed before a dragon can be sold. Your suggestion that an icon showing up to indicate the dragon is wearing contacts might not be strictly necessary, but it would only further prevent any cases of mistaken identity. So yes, I'll always support coloured lenses as long as it's an apparel piece! I think you're right that this would be a great additional customization feature. However, as for your other suggestion, I have to say no support for hatchlings being born with eyes of a different colour than their element; like I said, innate element is one of the few things we can't change, and there are good lore reasons for that. [/quote] I agree with this. [/quote] i second that
Helixstorm wrote on 2021-09-07 20:46:06:
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2021-09-07 19:55:15:

I agree with this.
i second that
66.png
Support only for obvious non-real-eye colours, or some easy way of determining from the dragon image that they're wearing contact lenses.

These days, eye colour can seriously increase the value of already-valuable dragons. High value dragons are typically sold via the forums. Sure people can and should check the apparel, but I'd rather not enable scammers at all.

(On a related note, I strongly support a way to change nest element temporarily for breeding projects)

Swirly black contacts, though? Rainbow eyes? Full support.
Support only for obvious non-real-eye colours, or some easy way of determining from the dragon image that they're wearing contact lenses.

These days, eye colour can seriously increase the value of already-valuable dragons. High value dragons are typically sold via the forums. Sure people can and should check the apparel, but I'd rather not enable scammers at all.

(On a related note, I strongly support a way to change nest element temporarily for breeding projects)

jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Support if they're obviously apparel or different from the normal flight colors so that they can't mimic the normal colors or be mistaken for them.
Support if they're obviously apparel or different from the normal flight colors so that they can't mimic the normal colors or be mistaken for them.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I don't think an indicator that they're wearing contacts would be necessary if these are an apparel item, as then they would show up in the list of things they're wearing.

But I like this idea, though I agree it'd be better to have colours that weren't exactly like those of other flights... Actually, I'd personally be far more interested in contact lenses of completely different colours from the standard flight ones we already have. Black and white, for example, would be a huge draw for me.
I'd easily buy fifteen sets of black contacts right away, even if they were just the common eye type but made black, nothing fancy.
I don't think an indicator that they're wearing contacts would be necessary if these are an apparel item, as then they would show up in the list of things they're wearing.

But I like this idea, though I agree it'd be better to have colours that weren't exactly like those of other flights... Actually, I'd personally be far more interested in contact lenses of completely different colours from the standard flight ones we already have. Black and white, for example, would be a huge draw for me.
I'd easily buy fifteen sets of black contacts right away, even if they were just the common eye type but made black, nothing fancy.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2021-09-07 23:57:39" ] Support only for obvious non-real-eye colours, or some easy way of determining from the dragon image that they're wearing contact lenses. These days, eye colour can seriously increase the value of already-valuable dragons. High value dragons are typically sold via the forums. Sure people can and should check the apparel, but I'd rather not enable scammers at all. (On a related note, I strongly support a way to change nest element temporarily for breeding projects) Swirly black contacts, though? Rainbow eyes? Full support. [/quote] This is how I have always felt. There are many other ways to sell a dragon not through the AH (both off site and on) and while technically transferring a dragon to a different account means that the dragon can't be wearing any apparel, by that point, it is very hard to check, due to small size, and difficulties with popup windows for many people. So, more eyes like Marva's or eyes that are obviously not flight aligned in any way? Yes, please. Eyes that make an Earth dragon seem like it has Arcane eyes? No thanks.
Vendrus wrote on 2021-09-07 23:57:39:

This is how I have always felt.

There are many other ways to sell a dragon not through the AH (both off site and on) and while technically transferring a dragon to a different account means that the dragon can't be wearing any apparel, by that point, it is very hard to check, due to small size, and difficulties with popup windows for many people.

So, more eyes like Marva's or eyes that are obviously not flight aligned in any way? Yes, please.

Eyes that make an Earth dragon seem like it has Arcane eyes? No thanks.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support, but can I point out primal eyes? Some primal eyes, most notably Plague, seem like they would appear wrong if paired with these. I know layering can easily be janky with regular apparel, but for the sole purpose being to change the dragon's eye color, it seems like it'd be kinda out of place. Unless it replaces the eyes entirely, which would be weird I think.

That being said, Marva's eye do already do this weirdness, so that doesn't affect my opinion. Still support.
Support, but can I point out primal eyes? Some primal eyes, most notably Plague, seem like they would appear wrong if paired with these. I know layering can easily be janky with regular apparel, but for the sole purpose being to change the dragon's eye color, it seems like it'd be kinda out of place. Unless it replaces the eyes entirely, which would be weird I think.

That being said, Marva's eye do already do this weirdness, so that doesn't affect my opinion. Still support.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png