Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Egg question?
I know this is probably a question with a very obvious answer, but why are unhatched eggs so expensive? Is it only because they are difficult to find?
I know this is probably a question with a very obvious answer, but why are unhatched eggs so expensive? Is it only because they are difficult to find?
It's because they are so rare but also because literally any color combination can pop out. Everyone wants to gamble on hatching that perfect first gen dragon, hence the higher prices. The very first egg I got hatched with excellent colors and I ended up turning her into a Wildclaw, in fact. And because she's first gen I don't have to worry about figuring out her mate's ancestry to see if they can actually breed, because the game prevents inbreeding within five generations. So first gens are important for clean lines, especially with rare dragons that would be difficult or expensive to replace.
It's because they are so rare but also because literally any color combination can pop out. Everyone wants to gamble on hatching that perfect first gen dragon, hence the higher prices. The very first egg I got hatched with excellent colors and I ended up turning her into a Wildclaw, in fact. And because she's first gen I don't have to worry about figuring out her mate's ancestry to see if they can actually breed, because the game prevents inbreeding within five generations. So first gens are important for clean lines, especially with rare dragons that would be difficult or expensive to replace.
@Winterstorm

In addition to everything Cymas said. For each elemental egg you find/have you get an achievement. So it's worthwhile to collect those eggs.
@Winterstorm

In addition to everything Cymas said. For each elemental egg you find/have you get an achievement. So it's worthwhile to collect those eggs.
Oooh I see now. Thanks so much guys :D
Oooh I see now. Thanks so much guys :D