Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | voids grasp kindred crossing
everyone's confused as to exactly what the point of the void's grasp apparel is, what it's supposed to be, what even inspired it, and why of all possible apparel ideas that evidently seemed to be the most prominent idea for shadow i believe it's a reference to kindred crossing. evidence for this theory, umbrann's mother threatens to "give him to the void" if he misbehaves, in reference to the shadow slime pool. the name of the apparel is "void's grasp" and it looks an awful lot like shadow slime. the story also references umbrann stealing a small carved runestone to throw into the pool to avoid having to sacrifice his own action figures, and this runestone is what pushed the shadow slime out of the pool and exposed the portal ruins, and the story also makes very prominent mention of the shadow pool constantly putting out tendrils looking as if they're reaching towards things, trying to pull people in (though he's not sure they ever have). void's grasp very prominently features a small carved purple runestone on the dragon's chest, with streaks of shadow slime pointing towards it as if they are either being pushed away or pulled towards it. the stone in the story is described as being a crescent covered in glowing lichen, but the thematic resemblance and purpleness is still there. [item=void's grasp] if not an intentional reference, i wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by it, consciously or not
everyone's confused as to exactly what the point of the void's grasp apparel is, what it's supposed to be, what even inspired it, and why of all possible apparel ideas that evidently seemed to be the most prominent idea for shadow

i believe it's a reference to kindred crossing. evidence for this theory,
umbrann's mother threatens to "give him to the void" if he misbehaves, in reference to the shadow slime pool. the name of the apparel is "void's grasp" and it looks an awful lot like shadow slime. the story also references umbrann stealing a small carved runestone to throw into the pool to avoid having to sacrifice his own action figures, and this runestone is what pushed the shadow slime out of the pool and exposed the portal ruins, and the story also makes very prominent mention of the shadow pool constantly putting out tendrils looking as if they're reaching towards things, trying to pull people in (though he's not sure they ever have). void's grasp very prominently features a small carved purple runestone on the dragon's chest, with streaks of shadow slime pointing towards it as if they are either being pushed away or pulled towards it. the stone in the story is described as being a crescent covered in glowing lichen, but the thematic resemblance and purpleness is still there.
Void's Grasp
if not an intentional reference, i wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by it, consciously or not
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread