Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Question (And opinion?)
Why is marble and mottle such a popular combination on banescales? I am been searching on the AH a lot as of late and keep running into that same combination. I am not a huge fan of it but was just curious as to why there are so many.

What are your thoughts?
Why is marble and mottle such a popular combination on banescales? I am been searching on the AH a lot as of late and keep running into that same combination. I am not a huge fan of it but was just curious as to why there are so many.

What are your thoughts?
giphy.gif
Maybe it's just luck? Or are you searching for something specific.? I peeked in the AH and none of the dragons on the first page have marble OR mottle.

IMO a lot of the genes for banescales are unappealing, with marble/mottle being one of the more tolerable combos. I love the tertiaries and banescales generically (female banscales being my favorite), I just wish I liked the primary and secondary genes as much as I love their tertiaries.
Maybe it's just luck? Or are you searching for something specific.? I peeked in the AH and none of the dragons on the first page have marble OR mottle.

IMO a lot of the genes for banescales are unappealing, with marble/mottle being one of the more tolerable combos. I love the tertiaries and banescales generically (female banscales being my favorite), I just wish I liked the primary and secondary genes as much as I love their tertiaries.
Well, they are a primary/secondary gene set so that's definitely part of it. Treasure marketplace gene, looks nice in a variety of colors. Marble is busy so busy other secondaries get a little cluttered.

And they're one of the pairs that were available when Banescale appeared a year ago, so those genes were probably used a lot on the initial hatched/scrolled/gened Banes.

I like Marble better than Mottle myself, one of my breeding pairs, Orca Blue Banescale, have Marble Orca in play from the mother. But Orca is a bomb color in so many genes anyway.
Well, they are a primary/secondary gene set so that's definitely part of it. Treasure marketplace gene, looks nice in a variety of colors. Marble is busy so busy other secondaries get a little cluttered.

And they're one of the pairs that were available when Banescale appeared a year ago, so those genes were probably used a lot on the initial hatched/scrolled/gened Banes.

I like Marble better than Mottle myself, one of my breeding pairs, Orca Blue Banescale, have Marble Orca in play from the mother. But Orca is a bomb color in so many genes anyway.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
i won't risk assuming why it would be generally popular, but when it comes to my personal opinion - i really like ancient genes that have no modern counterpart
mottle and marble are one of those genes + they're pretty busy with a non regular patterns, which is what i really like regardless of the breed. i wish mottle covered the whole wing and not just the tips though
i won't risk assuming why it would be generally popular, but when it comes to my personal opinion - i really like ancient genes that have no modern counterpart
mottle and marble are one of those genes + they're pretty busy with a non regular patterns, which is what i really like regardless of the breed. i wish mottle covered the whole wing and not just the tips though
Honestly, it's probably because Banes don't have a lot of genes. Marble and Mottle are, IIRC, both treasure genes... not gem genes, not Baldwin genes, not Swipp. Sugarplum/Candycane is cheaper but it's also VERY busy (it's an eyesore IMO). So I wouldn't say that Marble and Mottle are "popular" so much as they're just what people have to work with if they don't want the accent colors of Ragged/Tear and Chevron/Arrow.
Honestly, it's probably because Banes don't have a lot of genes. Marble and Mottle are, IIRC, both treasure genes... not gem genes, not Baldwin genes, not Swipp. Sugarplum/Candycane is cheaper but it's also VERY busy (it's an eyesore IMO). So I wouldn't say that Marble and Mottle are "popular" so much as they're just what people have to work with if they don't want the accent colors of Ragged/Tear and Chevron/Arrow.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Maybe it's the other way around :D The reason you're seeing loads of dragons with that combo is because not many people want them so they aren't selling. Maybe all the dragons with more popular genes are bought faster. Or maybe you just looked at a time when a lot of them were for sale.
Maybe it's the other way around :D The reason you're seeing loads of dragons with that combo is because not many people want them so they aren't selling. Maybe all the dragons with more popular genes are bought faster. Or maybe you just looked at a time when a lot of them were for sale.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
oh sAME, I also don't really like squiggle??
oh sAME, I also don't really like squiggle??
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread