Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Dragon Commission
Am I allowed to commission for dragons that I own on the website? Like art and fursuits?
Am I allowed to commission for dragons that I own on the website? Like art and fursuits?
@theoneinashes
I believe so? As long as you don't use the dragon designs for personal profit like selling merch or claim them as your own I think its all good
The cite has an entire two forum indexes for just commissioning art of your dragons (the Art Sales and Adoptables) and people have been getting art of their dragons done on there since the site started

their official policy thing can be found here: https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81

and this is what is says:
Quote:
Art Sales Policy

1. You may sell your digital Services-related fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Virtual Currency.

1. Note that Company retains the copyright to its dragons and designs.

2. You may display your fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or the URL text to or for flightrising.com on or near the image.

3. No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Company’s intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Company or Services merchandise is not.

1. Tangible merchandise utilizing Company or Services IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Virtual Currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.

4. Artwork utilizing the Company or Services IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.

5. Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Company or Services IP.
@theoneinashes
I believe so? As long as you don't use the dragon designs for personal profit like selling merch or claim them as your own I think its all good
The cite has an entire two forum indexes for just commissioning art of your dragons (the Art Sales and Adoptables) and people have been getting art of their dragons done on there since the site started

their official policy thing can be found here: https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81

and this is what is says:
Quote:
Art Sales Policy

1. You may sell your digital Services-related fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Virtual Currency.

1. Note that Company retains the copyright to its dragons and designs.

2. You may display your fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or the URL text to or for flightrising.com on or near the image.

3. No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Company’s intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Company or Services merchandise is not.

1. Tangible merchandise utilizing Company or Services IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Virtual Currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.

4. Artwork utilizing the Company or Services IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.

5. Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Company or Services IP.
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png