Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lore/story ideas
I've seen other people make lore about there dragons and I wanna make lore for my dragons to it's just I'm not sure where to start.
I haven't made backstories in awhile so I'm alittle rusty :\

Any ideas/suggestion?
I've seen other people make lore about there dragons and I wanna make lore for my dragons to it's just I'm not sure where to start.
I haven't made backstories in awhile so I'm alittle rusty :\

Any ideas/suggestion?
Well, I would start from: does every lore-dragon belong in the same "world", or are they all from different stories/lores.
If you want them all to belong in a same world, then go from what type of universe it is. Are the dragons feral or intelligent? Everyone from the same place or around the world/continent/country etc.

For example; My lore includes both gods and goddesses, but also the mortal plane with tribes and rival/friend clans. Tribes have their leaders, healers, warriors, you name it.
Also magic users, herbalists and demi-gods.
c:
Well, I would start from: does every lore-dragon belong in the same "world", or are they all from different stories/lores.
If you want them all to belong in a same world, then go from what type of universe it is. Are the dragons feral or intelligent? Everyone from the same place or around the world/continent/country etc.

For example; My lore includes both gods and goddesses, but also the mortal plane with tribes and rival/friend clans. Tribes have their leaders, healers, warriors, you name it.
Also magic users, herbalists and demi-gods.
c:
QtxiPvI.png . • Grade A+ Trash • .
~ frozen grin, a mannequin
@OofleNoodles
I would recommend starting with any dragons you have a good idea of and then going from there. Once you have major ones down you can use random generators for the others or just wait and see if anything stands out. :D Some people divide their clans into groupings. I've incorporated my fandragons into my lore so I only have one clan as a whole. I think whatever you want goes. :D Feel free to PM if you want!
@OofleNoodles
I would recommend starting with any dragons you have a good idea of and then going from there. Once you have major ones down you can use random generators for the others or just wait and see if anything stands out. :D Some people divide their clans into groupings. I've incorporated my fandragons into my lore so I only have one clan as a whole. I think whatever you want goes. :D Feel free to PM if you want!
BiYzByz.gif6z1gQFM.png FI4rElJ.png asexual_zpscvse3pjl.pngN6rygcH.pngkPMrajo.pnglnrYYwg.pngtumblr_o1cb6f8u9h1unhfhho3_r3_100.png
eZ5CPeG.gif

tumblr_ny7bkbgNXY1s88na0o1_400.png

uw3nPsd.png

yxjAjIa.png
rB3k2Un.png
57hQ131.png
Throwing down one or two sentences of lore is a good place to start for me a lot of the time. Something like "So and so is a huge flirt" or "Works as a bartender but is bad at it" and either sit on that until the rest hits me or flesh it out bit by bit from there. I find it goes quicker once you've got one or two dragons done. You can come up with interactions between the dragons you have done and the dragons you don't to help build new characters. You can always alter a dragon's lore to better fit new ideas as you go too.
Throwing down one or two sentences of lore is a good place to start for me a lot of the time. Something like "So and so is a huge flirt" or "Works as a bartender but is bad at it" and either sit on that until the rest hits me or flesh it out bit by bit from there. I find it goes quicker once you've got one or two dragons done. You can come up with interactions between the dragons you have done and the dragons you don't to help build new characters. You can always alter a dragon's lore to better fit new ideas as you go too.
QqPcQdi.png
Thank you all for the tips! I really appreciate it! I cant wait to get started now :)
Thank you all for the tips! I really appreciate it! I cant wait to get started now :)