Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shy player seeks FR rps
Howdy! My name's Sylv, and I have a problem. You see, I love to roleplay, but I'm just really not good at plots, or scenes or... roleplay, actually. As such I've been avoiding 1x1s like the plague for years and have shied off from fast-moving and advanced threads alike. Unfortunately, that leaves... almost no threads, or at least very few threads for someone as rusty as I am.

I made this thread in hopes of fixing this problem, however temporarily. I'd like to come along as side characters, party members or if need be adventurers for plots that use Sorneith as a setting, or at least as a jumping off point. I am willing to join both threads and discord servers, though I am most comfortable with the latter, and my replies average two to three small or medium paragraphs in forum format, and one medium-sized paragraph (often with larger action and intro posts) in discord. I prefer small to medium-sized groups, and am online daily.

Note that I will not join threads specifically as a lover or family member. That's just not something I can write without familiarity with the other characters involved and a suitable buildup. I also kinda suck at sharing scenery so it's best if I'm in a thread where someone gives us an idea of where we are DM-style. With that in mind, Send me an idea and character form to fill out with the information you'd like, and I'll offer you a few characters you can pick from or decline if none are to your liking to hop into one of your stories! I may simplify personality and backstory just because a lot of it is padded out with inane details or just done off memory, but if a character is chosen to join you I'll likely be willing to expand the description for later.

The dragons I'm most hopeful to use (preferably in separate threads) are my speardrake Nargacuga, my shade-hunting OFF fan-dragon Fielder, my lovable coward Ranrar Despviir, and my voice-thieving hybrid Verglas. I have plenty of others, though!
Howdy! My name's Sylv, and I have a problem. You see, I love to roleplay, but I'm just really not good at plots, or scenes or... roleplay, actually. As such I've been avoiding 1x1s like the plague for years and have shied off from fast-moving and advanced threads alike. Unfortunately, that leaves... almost no threads, or at least very few threads for someone as rusty as I am.

I made this thread in hopes of fixing this problem, however temporarily. I'd like to come along as side characters, party members or if need be adventurers for plots that use Sorneith as a setting, or at least as a jumping off point. I am willing to join both threads and discord servers, though I am most comfortable with the latter, and my replies average two to three small or medium paragraphs in forum format, and one medium-sized paragraph (often with larger action and intro posts) in discord. I prefer small to medium-sized groups, and am online daily.

Note that I will not join threads specifically as a lover or family member. That's just not something I can write without familiarity with the other characters involved and a suitable buildup. I also kinda suck at sharing scenery so it's best if I'm in a thread where someone gives us an idea of where we are DM-style. With that in mind, Send me an idea and character form to fill out with the information you'd like, and I'll offer you a few characters you can pick from or decline if none are to your liking to hop into one of your stories! I may simplify personality and backstory just because a lot of it is padded out with inane details or just done off memory, but if a character is chosen to join you I'll likely be willing to expand the description for later.

The dragons I'm most hopeful to use (preferably in separate threads) are my speardrake Nargacuga, my shade-hunting OFF fan-dragon Fielder, my lovable coward Ranrar Despviir, and my voice-thieving hybrid Verglas. I have plenty of others, though!
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Sylveadiff(just incase you aren't subbed)

I have a newbie and rusty small group rp open currently it's me and one other, max of six people so not many, and im super flexible schedule wise

edit: here's the url!^^ https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2915208#post_2915208
@Sylveadiff(just incase you aren't subbed)

I have a newbie and rusty small group rp open currently it's me and one other, max of six people so not many, and im super flexible schedule wise

edit: here's the url!^^ https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2915208#post_2915208
~he/him ~ ArtShop ~ +2 frt ~ Pasta ~ WL~

FNoWp0v.png
@PastelPerryton Thanks. I was looking at that a bit ago and half-tempted to send you a message about it, but I need a bit more information before I could send a character over. Could you tell me about where the roleplay will be and if there's any specific plot or not, and (not a dealbreaker, just makes things easier for me if so) whether or not you'd be okay with fandragons?
@PastelPerryton Thanks. I was looking at that a bit ago and half-tempted to send you a message about it, but I need a bit more information before I could send a character over. Could you tell me about where the roleplay will be and if there's any specific plot or not, and (not a dealbreaker, just makes things easier for me if so) whether or not you'd be okay with fandragons?
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Sylveadiff

I'm planning to have it set across the world of flight rising, and since it's spooky month I'll be putting emphasis on the plague domain as that will be the main area perhaps branching to shadow. the setting and story will have a lot to do with underground cities and such these being non canon in fr.

the rp will be a very spooky-ish one, not being a hoakey slasher or oh no look the new kids screwed up idea and will mainly focus on phycological horror though depending where everything leads it may also become physical horror. I do use character actions to heavily influence plot and will be using some flashy dapper gentlemen to guide story and plot.

and absolutely as long as it's a derg you're welcome to use them!^^
@Sylveadiff

I'm planning to have it set across the world of flight rising, and since it's spooky month I'll be putting emphasis on the plague domain as that will be the main area perhaps branching to shadow. the setting and story will have a lot to do with underground cities and such these being non canon in fr.

the rp will be a very spooky-ish one, not being a hoakey slasher or oh no look the new kids screwed up idea and will mainly focus on phycological horror though depending where everything leads it may also become physical horror. I do use character actions to heavily influence plot and will be using some flashy dapper gentlemen to guide story and plot.

and absolutely as long as it's a derg you're welcome to use them!^^
~he/him ~ ArtShop ~ +2 frt ~ Pasta ~ WL~

FNoWp0v.png