Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | (T.V. shows) If you could make your own
1 2
what would it be like? If you had all the skills and money to do it what would you do? I daydream a lot about being a professional animator and/or writer and how it would feel to be in their shoes. I've recently indulged in writing my own stories and learning how to draw but animating feels too big right now. Yeah, I just want to discuss cartoons and writing and coming up with ideas with other people.
what would it be like? If you had all the skills and money to do it what would you do? I daydream a lot about being a professional animator and/or writer and how it would feel to be in their shoes. I've recently indulged in writing my own stories and learning how to draw but animating feels too big right now. Yeah, I just want to discuss cartoons and writing and coming up with ideas with other people.
hu72dVR.png
I daydream about the same thing all the time! I have do many ideas, yet so little actual writing/drawing skill...
I daydream about the same thing all the time! I have do many ideas, yet so little actual writing/drawing skill...
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
I daydream about my stories being made into cartoons one day (not likely to be soon, with how long it's taking me to actually finish the books XD)

Cartoonish and cinematic progression is how I visualize scenes in my head, and it's a challenge for me because a lot of the feedback I get is that I don't describe things enough. Just because I can see the scene perfectly in my head, that apparently doesn't mean that others can with what I give them.

Also, the scenes in my head tend to progress with that sudden shift of scenery that works well on screen, but make for messy literature, I guess...

I draw and do little comics a lot and have thought about trying really short animations but haven't been able to figure out how to use the programs I presently have for that.
I daydream about my stories being made into cartoons one day (not likely to be soon, with how long it's taking me to actually finish the books XD)

Cartoonish and cinematic progression is how I visualize scenes in my head, and it's a challenge for me because a lot of the feedback I get is that I don't describe things enough. Just because I can see the scene perfectly in my head, that apparently doesn't mean that others can with what I give them.

Also, the scenes in my head tend to progress with that sudden shift of scenery that works well on screen, but make for messy literature, I guess...

I draw and do little comics a lot and have thought about trying really short animations but haven't been able to figure out how to use the programs I presently have for that.
I'm happy I'm not alone in this. Every time I describe the way i day dream to other people they accuse me of maladaptive daydreaming, but as long as normal life stuff gets done I don't mind my daydream habits. Lately a story about a raccoon living in a city made out of soup cans has invaded my brain and I can't get it out. The only way my brain will put it down is if I write a first draft about it. I have so many of these first drafts that when I manage to hold on to something I surprise myself. Thanks for letting me share guys. : )
I'm happy I'm not alone in this. Every time I describe the way i day dream to other people they accuse me of maladaptive daydreaming, but as long as normal life stuff gets done I don't mind my daydream habits. Lately a story about a raccoon living in a city made out of soup cans has invaded my brain and I can't get it out. The only way my brain will put it down is if I write a first draft about it. I have so many of these first drafts that when I manage to hold on to something I surprise myself. Thanks for letting me share guys. : )
hu72dVR.png
One would be a show from the point of view of children playing. Like you would see from the perspective of the imagination with giant robot battles and epic wizard duels and all sorts of fantastical situations, while occasionally seeing a brief glimpse of "reality" with the kids in homemade costumes and using cheap toys or cardboard weapons/items before resuming the view from how it is playing out in their imaginations.
One would be a show from the point of view of children playing. Like you would see from the perspective of the imagination with giant robot battles and epic wizard duels and all sorts of fantastical situations, while occasionally seeing a brief glimpse of "reality" with the kids in homemade costumes and using cheap toys or cardboard weapons/items before resuming the view from how it is playing out in their imaginations.
Formerly known as Brenning.
My ideas come to me visually but not usually asking to be animated or embodied by real actors. My best idea for an animated series happens to be one I’m afraid of sharing cause I don’t want people to think badly of me.
My ideas come to me visually but not usually asking to be animated or embodied by real actors. My best idea for an animated series happens to be one I’m afraid of sharing cause I don’t want people to think badly of me.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Oh my gosh I do this a lot as well! Like just.. daydream from time to time about my characters being in some animated show. I have a few different ideas but just decided to list two here:

- A show that's supposed to look like one of those '50s or '60s Saturday morning cartoons, is set in a town in Britain called Silverpool, and the two main characters are Desmond and his nephew Simon who just moved in. All the 'humans' are pretty much replaced with these weird creatures I thought of cause.. why not? (h) and the mayor of the town and his wife are kinda like the antagonists as they're always trying to scheme on how they're gonna steal money from the townsfolk wieguhwriughwia

- A show, though I can also see being a movie, about a little boy getting lost in the forest after his parents died. I've thought of this idea quite recently, and am definitely still working on it, but he meets these little fairy/sprite things that need his help to save the mythical forest they live in since they see him as the chosen one. There's also these Sphinx creatures who have special powers (for example one is able to control birds/their song using a harp) and yeah! I've sorta thought of the name being something along the lines of 'Mother Nature's Son' (which totally didn't come from a song name I swear-) and that's about it.

Anyway I probably made this too long, sorry! It's just a lot of fun sharing the weird wacky stuff my brain spits out from time to time. Thanks for allowing me to share this, and I hope everyone reading as a wonderful night!
Oh my gosh I do this a lot as well! Like just.. daydream from time to time about my characters being in some animated show. I have a few different ideas but just decided to list two here:

- A show that's supposed to look like one of those '50s or '60s Saturday morning cartoons, is set in a town in Britain called Silverpool, and the two main characters are Desmond and his nephew Simon who just moved in. All the 'humans' are pretty much replaced with these weird creatures I thought of cause.. why not? (h) and the mayor of the town and his wife are kinda like the antagonists as they're always trying to scheme on how they're gonna steal money from the townsfolk wieguhwriughwia

- A show, though I can also see being a movie, about a little boy getting lost in the forest after his parents died. I've thought of this idea quite recently, and am definitely still working on it, but he meets these little fairy/sprite things that need his help to save the mythical forest they live in since they see him as the chosen one. There's also these Sphinx creatures who have special powers (for example one is able to control birds/their song using a harp) and yeah! I've sorta thought of the name being something along the lines of 'Mother Nature's Son' (which totally didn't come from a song name I swear-) and that's about it.

Anyway I probably made this too long, sorry! It's just a lot of fun sharing the weird wacky stuff my brain spits out from time to time. Thanks for allowing me to share this, and I hope everyone reading as a wonderful night!
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif FMoJ9vk.png
H2jRHgT.png
J7D1quC.png

Hi, I'm Fruit! I'm a digital artist, amateur fiction writer, aspiring musician (bass), but most of all: a professional idiot. My two favorite things are rock 'n roll and frillback pigeons.
ezgif-3-3eb9aae531.gif

FMoJ9vk.pngRDt6LqI.pngJ7D1quC.png
uQA55c0.pngimage0.giftumblr_inline_oki6607XCW1tfmvub_100.png
Oh wow I think about this all the time!

I view all of the stories in my head as cartoons, mostly because I love animation so much and my art style is very cartoony so it makes it easier to visualize characters and settings when I'm able to draw them after daydreaming them up in my head. I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing more so I can get faster at it and jot down more of my ideas and characters. I've also been interested in getting into animation programs and I can imagine myself making animatics or short animated episodes on youtube (think Hazbin Hotel, not my favorite animation but its the only example I can think of out of the top of my head) though it's always fun to imagine full fledged cartoons based on some of my stories! Then again I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with all that. I love animation and being an animator has always been one of the jobs I've considered but it's a lot to take in at the moment. I still have to write down all the plots for my stories and make character sheets for everyone since most of my ideas still live in my head. And I've got about 5 stories kicking around in my brain. I get way ahead of myself I'm so disorganized haha.
Oh wow I think about this all the time!

I view all of the stories in my head as cartoons, mostly because I love animation so much and my art style is very cartoony so it makes it easier to visualize characters and settings when I'm able to draw them after daydreaming them up in my head. I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing more so I can get faster at it and jot down more of my ideas and characters. I've also been interested in getting into animation programs and I can imagine myself making animatics or short animated episodes on youtube (think Hazbin Hotel, not my favorite animation but its the only example I can think of out of the top of my head) though it's always fun to imagine full fledged cartoons based on some of my stories! Then again I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with all that. I love animation and being an animator has always been one of the jobs I've considered but it's a lot to take in at the moment. I still have to write down all the plots for my stories and make character sheets for everyone since most of my ideas still live in my head. And I've got about 5 stories kicking around in my brain. I get way ahead of myself I'm so disorganized haha.
Mia || He/Him or They/Them || 23 || FR+3
bYt72YT.png
WQA384m.png
HSWqWgZ.png
fkWjutW.png
Omg I've been wanting to make a animated show called Fine Line Between (a story of a writer who has psychic dreams of the coming apocalypse that is dimensions colliding) and it's backstory version Singularity (the post cold war apocalyptic dimensions before it collides) I've worked on it for years but sadly my art skills and stuff simply isn't there yet
And my writing skills don't exist lol (I'm working on it but it's hard to motivate myself and I'm not so good with words as I am with pictures)
Omg I've been wanting to make a animated show called Fine Line Between (a story of a writer who has psychic dreams of the coming apocalypse that is dimensions colliding) and it's backstory version Singularity (the post cold war apocalyptic dimensions before it collides) I've worked on it for years but sadly my art skills and stuff simply isn't there yet
And my writing skills don't exist lol (I'm working on it but it's hard to motivate myself and I'm not so good with words as I am with pictures)
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
oh ho ho m'dude I'm already doing preparations for it? As in, I'm learning all the skills that would be required to make an animated series and hoo boy, you learn a new type of appreciation for these things. Lemme tell ya, there's the charcter designs, the 3D environment, the soundtrack, the themes, I LOVE IT AND I WANT IT AND I WILL DO IT

So basically. my idea is this sci-fi Matrix + Tron mashup. It's a bit hard to explain mostly because I have one huge idea about the entire human history for the next few eons. It all begins with a comic I am working on, there are robots and how they work within their programming. The comic is called They Dream Of... and set in 2500-ish. But that's not the mane point. That's like a warm up.
Then I have an idea set in 3000+ with technology advancing further where it's possible to manipulate matter and there's Augmented Reality everywhere, also cyborgs and how humans interact with computers and programming.
And then like... you have this 3rd idea set even further. Where, get this, you can hack reality because "what if the universe is just a simulation"
It's character driven, yes, but all of this is mostly a world expose. There isn't really anything to save or The Big Bad, there's just... people and androids living in the future struggling with glitchy tech that influences the universe.

I only have the idea for a comic really set out, but I really would want to make an animated series for the last two since I plan on having fights in space. Like... Okay, okay. I'm really excited as I write this because this idea has been developing in my brain for the last 3 years and I can not let it go. It basically was born from the holographic universe theory. But then you take Matrix and Tron and my huge fascination for tech, and it evolves in this story where AI interacts with the real world through tech and humans interact with cyberspace through tech.
And... I'm so sorry if this turned out in to a rant, I just can't. Whenever I get to talk about this idea I just can't help myself because I just love it so much, but I'm so scared I will mess it up and I am so scared someone might do it better and aaah ;w;

I could actually rant about this for an entire day oops
oh ho ho m'dude I'm already doing preparations for it? As in, I'm learning all the skills that would be required to make an animated series and hoo boy, you learn a new type of appreciation for these things. Lemme tell ya, there's the charcter designs, the 3D environment, the soundtrack, the themes, I LOVE IT AND I WANT IT AND I WILL DO IT

So basically. my idea is this sci-fi Matrix + Tron mashup. It's a bit hard to explain mostly because I have one huge idea about the entire human history for the next few eons. It all begins with a comic I am working on, there are robots and how they work within their programming. The comic is called They Dream Of... and set in 2500-ish. But that's not the mane point. That's like a warm up.
Then I have an idea set in 3000+ with technology advancing further where it's possible to manipulate matter and there's Augmented Reality everywhere, also cyborgs and how humans interact with computers and programming.
And then like... you have this 3rd idea set even further. Where, get this, you can hack reality because "what if the universe is just a simulation"
It's character driven, yes, but all of this is mostly a world expose. There isn't really anything to save or The Big Bad, there's just... people and androids living in the future struggling with glitchy tech that influences the universe.

I only have the idea for a comic really set out, but I really would want to make an animated series for the last two since I plan on having fights in space. Like... Okay, okay. I'm really excited as I write this because this idea has been developing in my brain for the last 3 years and I can not let it go. It basically was born from the holographic universe theory. But then you take Matrix and Tron and my huge fascination for tech, and it evolves in this story where AI interacts with the real world through tech and humans interact with cyberspace through tech.
And... I'm so sorry if this turned out in to a rant, I just can't. Whenever I get to talk about this idea I just can't help myself because I just love it so much, but I'm so scared I will mess it up and I am so scared someone might do it better and aaah ;w;

I could actually rant about this for an entire day oops
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
1 2