Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Art Sales Questions [Solved]
I'm thinking about putting out a commission request on the Art Sales forum but I want to get all of my facts straight before I do anything.

The Terms of Use about the Art Sales Policy mainly speaks about FR fan art. However, I'm not sure if that means asking for something that's not FR related is still allowed or not.

Also, with term number 4 and 5:
Quote:
4. Artwork utilizing the Company or Services IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.

5. Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Company or Services IP.

I'm guessing that this means if you order an artwork (fan art or other?) and it's sent through a Flight Rising PM you cannot print the artwork into a physical copy but, if the artwork is sent through an outside source instead of Flight Rising it's okay to print it?

Finally, to tie in with the first two questions. If none-Flight Rising related artwork is allowed will it have to be sent through an outside source or can it be sent through a PM?

Thanks in advance for any clarification/help.
I'm thinking about putting out a commission request on the Art Sales forum but I want to get all of my facts straight before I do anything.

The Terms of Use about the Art Sales Policy mainly speaks about FR fan art. However, I'm not sure if that means asking for something that's not FR related is still allowed or not.

Also, with term number 4 and 5:
Quote:
4. Artwork utilizing the Company or Services IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.

5. Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Company or Services IP.

I'm guessing that this means if you order an artwork (fan art or other?) and it's sent through a Flight Rising PM you cannot print the artwork into a physical copy but, if the artwork is sent through an outside source instead of Flight Rising it's okay to print it?

Finally, to tie in with the first two questions. If none-Flight Rising related artwork is allowed will it have to be sent through an outside source or can it be sent through a PM?

Thanks in advance for any clarification/help.
____________Y7qFzB7.gifxk3c3ee.gifDyy4zPe.gif
@NekoIceDragon
Speaking as an art enthusiast who orders FR and non-FR related art!

Term 4 is basically saying you cannot sell FR designs on mass production platforms. For example, I cannot draw a Skydancer and upload it to Redbubble.

Term 5 is basically saying that you can sell non-FR related pieces however you want. You know how you can only sell 5 physical items of FR artwork? So, if you're a plush maker, you can only sell 5 plushes utilizing FR's IP. But, if you make plushes of people's dogs or cats, then there's no limit.

You can ask for something not related to FR, as long as its nature fits FR's other guidelines (so no NSFW, for example).

You can communicate through FR PMs or off-site. It's up to you. Using FR's PM system to communicate is not relevant to the terms you're asking about.
@NekoIceDragon
Speaking as an art enthusiast who orders FR and non-FR related art!

Term 4 is basically saying you cannot sell FR designs on mass production platforms. For example, I cannot draw a Skydancer and upload it to Redbubble.

Term 5 is basically saying that you can sell non-FR related pieces however you want. You know how you can only sell 5 physical items of FR artwork? So, if you're a plush maker, you can only sell 5 plushes utilizing FR's IP. But, if you make plushes of people's dogs or cats, then there's no limit.

You can ask for something not related to FR, as long as its nature fits FR's other guidelines (so no NSFW, for example).

You can communicate through FR PMs or off-site. It's up to you. Using FR's PM system to communicate is not relevant to the terms you're asking about.
fo11Vhp.png
@Naegiri Ah, okay I get it. That makes much more sense now. Thank you so much for you help! [emoji=tundra happy size=1]
@Naegiri

Ah, okay I get it. That makes much more sense now. Thank you so much for you help!
____________Y7qFzB7.gifxk3c3ee.gifDyy4zPe.gif