Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Egg Counts
I tried to read a bit on the subject, and while it seems there's a bit of discussion on the chances of a 4 or 5 egg nest, I couldn't quite find anything definitive to confirm that.
In my experience, pairs that I've been very confident about breeding - even if they're pairs I've never bred before - usually only get one or two eggs, while pairs I'm on the fence about get three or more.
My guess is that the more I press "preview," the higher the chance of a larger nest, and my last few rounds of nests have supported this. I've only been on the site a few months, but I've only had one or two one egg nests, and they've only been on pairs that I haven't pressed "preview" on because I was already confident with the pairing! For the nests with three or more eggs, I've been pressing "preview" probably 30 times total and switching pairings a few times before I settle on the one I want to breed.
Does anyone else experience this or am I simply imagining it?
I'd love to hear other peoples tricks or superstitions when it comes to their nests!
I tried to read a bit on the subject, and while it seems there's a bit of discussion on the chances of a 4 or 5 egg nest, I couldn't quite find anything definitive to confirm that.
In my experience, pairs that I've been very confident about breeding - even if they're pairs I've never bred before - usually only get one or two eggs, while pairs I'm on the fence about get three or more.
My guess is that the more I press "preview," the higher the chance of a larger nest, and my last few rounds of nests have supported this. I've only been on the site a few months, but I've only had one or two one egg nests, and they've only been on pairs that I haven't pressed "preview" on because I was already confident with the pairing! For the nests with three or more eggs, I've been pressing "preview" probably 30 times total and switching pairings a few times before I settle on the one I want to breed.
Does anyone else experience this or am I simply imagining it?
I'd love to hear other peoples tricks or superstitions when it comes to their nests!
I just know that I can never seem to get what I want, lol. I rarely ever use the preview button anymore because I tend to use the color predictor to see possible color combos.

I've had some pairs that I'll put to nest for the first time just for the heck of it and get 4 or 5 eggs, while others give me 1 egg. Then I have something like Bohemian and Rhapsody who give me a 2 egg nest 3 times in a row. If they keep this up it'll take forever to get through "Eye of the Tiger."
I just know that I can never seem to get what I want, lol. I rarely ever use the preview button anymore because I tend to use the color predictor to see possible color combos.

I've had some pairs that I'll put to nest for the first time just for the heck of it and get 4 or 5 eggs, while others give me 1 egg. Then I have something like Bohemian and Rhapsody who give me a 2 egg nest 3 times in a row. If they keep this up it'll take forever to get through "Eye of the Tiger."
:D We press preview once every time we nest just to triple check we're breeding the right pair and get mostly 2-3 egg nests which is the most common amount.
:D We press preview once every time we nest just to triple check we're breeding the right pair and get mostly 2-3 egg nests which is the most common amount.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
For me it usually is like "woahhh they are so good together" -> tons of eggs
Also, old breeding pair I always kept the same -> I find I get fewer eggs. But that's awesome because I don't breed those for fodder anyway.

Hesitation or wondering if they'd like each other -> 1 or 2 eggs. It's like the "cmon, they aren't a good pair!"- wink
For me it usually is like "woahhh they are so good together" -> tons of eggs
Also, old breeding pair I always kept the same -> I find I get fewer eggs. But that's awesome because I don't breed those for fodder anyway.

Hesitation or wondering if they'd like each other -> 1 or 2 eggs. It's like the "cmon, they aren't a good pair!"- wink
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
I always get 5 egg nests when I'm not expecting it, although it's not that common for me. There's only one pair I don't hit preview on before breeding and that's my progens, just because i've bred them so many times I know what their hatchlings will generally look like.
I always get 5 egg nests when I'm not expecting it, although it's not that common for me. There's only one pair I don't hit preview on before breeding and that's my progens, just because i've bred them so many times I know what their hatchlings will generally look like.
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗ xe/they/he/she+any
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS-tiny-sepia-logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png