Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Skydancer fursuit progress log
1 2
I've always wanted to make an FR inspired fursuit so I've decided to finally commit to it and make one. I've debated on what dragon I want to make and landed on Viridiana, a dragon who is very close to my heart. She was my first non progen dragon and I still love her to this day. So far all I have is concept art, but I plan on starting work on her asap. I want to do a toony style, but still have her recognizable as a skydancer. I'll most likely only be making a mini partial (head, paws, and tail). Since this is a personal project, it will take less priority than premades/commissions I'm working on, so it may take a while. I'll try to post updates as I can though! Anyway, here's the concept I'll be working off of: [img]https://i.imgur.com/UkV95U0.png[/img] She'll be made with short faux fur and her feathers will be fleece. I'm still unsure of what to make her antennae out of, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share!
I've always wanted to make an FR inspired fursuit so I've decided to finally commit to it and make one. I've debated on what dragon I want to make and landed on Viridiana, a dragon who is very close to my heart. She was my first non progen dragon and I still love her to this day.

So far all I have is concept art, but I plan on starting work on her asap. I want to do a toony style, but still have her recognizable as a skydancer. I'll most likely only be making a mini partial (head, paws, and tail). Since this is a personal project, it will take less priority than premades/commissions I'm working on, so it may take a while. I'll try to post updates as I can though!

Anyway, here's the concept I'll be working off of:
UkV95U0.png

She'll be made with short faux fur and her feathers will be fleece. I'm still unsure of what to make her antennae out of, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share!
23848.png17499.png17500.png23847.png
@ThunderMoth Ping me for updates, please? I would love to watch this build.

What are you going to do for the base? Make one from scratch or use a cast bird or dragon head? Foam or resin? Moving jaw or static? talk fursuit nerd to me

For the antennae I would look at either thin fleece tubes over wire, XL pipe cleaners, or possibly even large black zip ties if you want them to be more stiff and whippy. I've used zip ties as quills on a porcupine partial and they work surprisingly well!
@ThunderMoth Ping me for updates, please? I would love to watch this build.

What are you going to do for the base? Make one from scratch or use a cast bird or dragon head? Foam or resin? Moving jaw or static? talk fursuit nerd to me

For the antennae I would look at either thin fleece tubes over wire, XL pipe cleaners, or possibly even large black zip ties if you want them to be more stiff and whippy. I've used zip ties as quills on a porcupine partial and they work surprisingly well!
@ThunderMoth
I would love to get updates! I have always wanted to see FR themed fursuits!
@ThunderMoth
I would love to get updates! I have always wanted to see FR themed fursuits!
@ThunderMoth ohhhh I’m excited! Would love to be pinged for updates, I love seeing fursuit progress.
@ThunderMoth ohhhh I’m excited! Would love to be pinged for updates, I love seeing fursuit progress.
flight_rising_signature_by_toldentops-dajxkhw.png toldentops_skin_and_accent_shop_banner_by_toldentops-dcruva8.png
this is super cool i friggin love threads like these
for the antennae it seems like some metal wire would be a good choice, you can pose it that way!
this is super cool i friggin love threads like these
for the antennae it seems like some metal wire would be a good choice, you can pose it that way!
rFCSVpf.png
Skdbksjd subbed to this thread bc I’ve been wanting to see a fr based fursuit n I love skydancers ;A; Good luck with ur project, I wish you the best!!!!
Skdbksjd subbed to this thread bc I’ve been wanting to see a fr based fursuit n I love skydancers ;A; Good luck with ur project, I wish you the best!!!!
18537284.pngS_and_A_store_button_new.pngGlowshroom_hatchery_button.pngsignature_addon.png
@ThunderMoth

Oooo i'd love to be pinged for updates!
@ThunderMoth

Oooo i'd love to be pinged for updates!
AH
@ThunderMoth
If you plan on doing a pinglist id love to watch the progress you make!
@ThunderMoth
If you plan on doing a pinglist id love to watch the progress you make!
Dj0u7Al.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAny Pronoun's Fine
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+3 Hrs. FR Time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPing Friendly
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifReserved for whatever
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Shop(soon)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLink to Arcane Hunger Games
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLink to My Dragon Baby
If you make a pinglist, can I be added to it? :)
If you make a pinglist, can I be added to it? :)
"link • ufology
they/he/she
^^^ same!
^^^ same!
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

1 2