Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How inbred is the imperial species?
1 2 3
I think about it a lot? Has anyone ever done research on this? I'm not really sure how you would do it. It doesn't bother me that much I just...would like to know I guess.
I think about it a lot? Has anyone ever done research on this? I'm not really sure how you would do it. It doesn't bother me that much I just...would like to know I guess.
Probably about as inbred as the human species, tbh.
Probably about as inbred as the human species, tbh.
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
huh. i wonder which breed is the most inbred
Ra2gKTW.png
may ♠ she/her ♠ +9 fr time
[ accent shop ]
you would have to make.... a very large family tree to find this out, i think. It's probably pretty safe to say a lot of imps are related somewhere along the line, though
you would have to make.... a very large family tree to find this out, i think. It's probably pretty safe to say a lot of imps are related somewhere along the line, though
intersex.png
More inbred than a family of royals back in 1700's
More inbred than a family of royals back in 1700's
Quite a bit. Figure around 1500ish imperial scrolls to the amount of imperials we have now.

A lot of imperials were bred with WCs earlier on but there is still a lot of the distant cousins thing going around.
Quite a bit. Figure around 1500ish imperial scrolls to the amount of imperials we have now.

A lot of imperials were bred with WCs earlier on but there is still a lot of the distant cousins thing going around.
siggy.png
[quote name="May" date="2019-09-28 12:49:14" ] huh. i wonder which breed is the most inbred [/quote] I'd think it'd be Gaolers, seeing as they can't breed with anything else. Imps can, at least. Who knows, though.
May wrote on 2019-09-28 12:49:14:

I'd think it'd be Gaolers, seeing as they can't breed with anything else. Imps can, at least. Who knows, though.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Snek" date="2019-09-28 13:19:21" ] [quote name="May" date="2019-09-28 12:49:14" ] huh. i wonder which breed is the most inbred [/quote] I'd think it'd be Gaolers, seeing as they can't breed with anything else. Imps can, at least. Who knows, though. [/quote] People can make new Gaolers, bringing in fresh blood. But you are right, Imperials can breed with other breeds, so I don't think inbreeding would be a big problem.
Snek wrote on 2019-09-28 13:19:21:
May wrote on 2019-09-28 12:49:14:

I'd think it'd be Gaolers, seeing as they can't breed with anything else. Imps can, at least. Who knows, though.

People can make new Gaolers, bringing in fresh blood.

But you are right, Imperials can breed with other breeds, so I don't think inbreeding would be a big problem.
I don't actually know, but instead of writing out my guess, I provide you this image [img]https://www.worldatlas.com/r/w728-h425-c728x425/upload/35/88/72/shutterstock-549473329.jpg[/img]
I don't actually know, but instead of writing out my guess, I provide you this image

shutterstock-549473329.jpg
touch-grass-i-cant-i-eated-it-all.gif
The five-generation rule still applies, so they can't ever be more inbred than that. Also, a lot of imperials are still bred with non-imperials; wildclaw and coatl mates both have a better chance of hatching imperial than non-imperial offspring, and even more common mates can still hatch an imperial every so often.
The five-generation rule still applies, so they can't ever be more inbred than that. Also, a lot of imperials are still bred with non-imperials; wildclaw and coatl mates both have a better chance of hatching imperial than non-imperial offspring, and even more common mates can still hatch an imperial every so often.
CnXcaeB.png * bAQACKn.png
1 2 3