Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Trading Post and gems
1 2
Not all people use gems but they use treasure so if there was a spot in the trading Post to sell gems for treasure I would definitely use it

- lovebird05
Not all people use gems but they use treasure so if there was a spot in the trading Post to sell gems for treasure I would definitely use it

- lovebird05
@lovebird05

Users trade treasure and gems in the Item Sales forum so this wouldn't really have a use :)
@lovebird05

Users trade treasure and gems in the Item Sales forum so this wouldn't really have a use :)
Cinus_small.png
There isn't actually an official treasure:gem ratio, it's purely decided by the user economy and is subject to change. Right now it may be around 1:1000 but it wasn't always like that, and in the future it will likely be different, so having an official exchange rate would be kinda weird :/
There isn't actually an official treasure:gem ratio, it's purely decided by the user economy and is subject to change. Right now it may be around 1:1000 but it wasn't always like that, and in the future it will likely be different, so having an official exchange rate would be kinda weird :/
ucFeETu.png tWXCvQX.png Sketch/lineart shop!

DeviantArt

For sale --->>>
58939761.png
I buy and sell gems in the forum frequently and I would love to have a faster way to exchange gems between players. It would probably make more sense for the AH than the trading post, and sellers would set their own rates. This would improve a number of things:
- easier for buyers to compare rates
- reduces the 3-step process of 2-way CRs into a single step
- no risk of CRs getting screwed up from being left too long
- the seller doesn't have to be online at the same time as the buyer
- remove miscommunication as whether a thread is seeking to sell or to buy
- buyers can see how much is in stock without the seller having to constantly edit a thread
I buy and sell gems in the forum frequently and I would love to have a faster way to exchange gems between players. It would probably make more sense for the AH than the trading post, and sellers would set their own rates. This would improve a number of things:
- easier for buyers to compare rates
- reduces the 3-step process of 2-way CRs into a single step
- no risk of CRs getting screwed up from being left too long
- the seller doesn't have to be online at the same time as the buyer
- remove miscommunication as whether a thread is seeking to sell or to buy
- buyers can see how much is in stock without the seller having to constantly edit a thread
2e2UMYR.png
No support because that would make an official tresasure:gem ratio.

I would support an option to 'sell' gems on the auction house to other users for treasure though, or vice versa!
No support because that would make an official tresasure:gem ratio.

I would support an option to 'sell' gems on the auction house to other users for treasure though, or vice versa!
x.x
zPhqDAB.png x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x

Ashki
earth dom lead

sales | mercs
goals | mochi
x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x
hjhGLON.png
Actually, I don't think a trading post gem exchange would necessarily set an official ratio, at least not in the way people are afraid of. It would have to start at a pre-determined ratio, but after that it could go up slightly every time anyone bought gems, and decay slowly over time if no one is buying. So yes it would be "official" in the sense that there would be one ratio for everyone to see, but that ratio can still be entirely player-driven. IMO the ability to spawn large amounts of gems into the economy is a bigger problem than the idea that it MUST set an official ratio.
Actually, I don't think a trading post gem exchange would necessarily set an official ratio, at least not in the way people are afraid of. It would have to start at a pre-determined ratio, but after that it could go up slightly every time anyone bought gems, and decay slowly over time if no one is buying. So yes it would be "official" in the sense that there would be one ratio for everyone to see, but that ratio can still be entirely player-driven. IMO the ability to spawn large amounts of gems into the economy is a bigger problem than the idea that it MUST set an official ratio.
2e2UMYR.png
I wouldn’t be a fan of anything that sets an official gem:treasure ratio. I’d support an ability to sell one currency for the other on the AH because it’d be about the same as what’s going on in item sales but a little easier.
I wouldn’t be a fan of anything that sets an official gem:treasure ratio. I’d support an ability to sell one currency for the other on the AH because it’d be about the same as what’s going on in item sales but a little easier.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="valarauka" date="2019-09-09 10:31:04" ] ... IMO the ability to spawn large amounts of gems into the economy is a bigger problem than the idea that it MUST set an official ratio. [/quote] That is so true. I think everytime this kind of suggestion came up, everyone (including myself) only thought of the problem of an official g:t ratio. But you're totally right, this way of introducing lots of gems into game without anyone investing real money in the first place is a way bigger problem - suddenly the site is generating gems out of thin air and in no time this game will no longer have a 'premium' currency, and the lost of revenue can be severe enough to affect site functioning properly soon after. Unless OP only want a place to trade gems for treasure and not the other way around, then the only problem would be the set of an official ratio.
valarauka wrote on 2019-09-09 10:31:04:
IMO the ability to spawn large amounts of gems into the economy is a bigger problem than the idea that it MUST set an official ratio.
That is so true. I think everytime this kind of suggestion came up, everyone (including myself) only thought of the problem of an official g:t ratio. But you're totally right, this way of introducing lots of gems into game without anyone investing real money in the first place is a way bigger problem - suddenly the site is generating gems out of thin air and in no time this game will no longer have a 'premium' currency, and the lost of revenue can be severe enough to affect site functioning properly soon after.

Unless OP only want a place to trade gems for treasure and not the other way around, then the only problem would be the set of an official ratio.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Support for it being AH rather than Trading Post because of the concerns already raised about setting official ratios (though I also agree with Valarauka's point re: it being less of a problem economically than the ability to generate large amounts of gems). As someone who also exchanges from time to time, I'd appreciate having something on the AH where I can buy gems (or treasure) directly for reasons already stated above - I don't have to worry about being online the same time as the seller, it reduces confusion about selling v. buying, etc.
Support for it being AH rather than Trading Post because of the concerns already raised about setting official ratios (though I also agree with Valarauka's point re: it being less of a problem economically than the ability to generate large amounts of gems). As someone who also exchanges from time to time, I'd appreciate having something on the AH where I can buy gems (or treasure) directly for reasons already stated above - I don't have to worry about being online the same time as the seller, it reduces confusion about selling v. buying, etc.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Yeah, I always see people jump on the official ratio, and I always think about how bad it is for any site to have a way to generate their premium currency for basically free by tossing gobs of fake currency at it..
Yeah, I always see people jump on the official ratio, and I always think about how bad it is for any site to have a way to generate their premium currency for basically free by tossing gobs of fake currency at it..

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2