Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite/Recommended Podcasts?
Does anyone have any favorite podcasts? I'm going on a 14-hour flight on Saturday, and I could use a few good ones to pass the time.

Personally, I really like historical/science podcasts (I just caught up to a really good one called This Podcast Will Kill You--all about the history/biology of infectious diseases! A bit gross, but super interesting, would recommend!), and you can never go wrong with WTNV. A classic.
Does anyone have any favorite podcasts? I'm going on a 14-hour flight on Saturday, and I could use a few good ones to pass the time.

Personally, I really like historical/science podcasts (I just caught up to a really good one called This Podcast Will Kill You--all about the history/biology of infectious diseases! A bit gross, but super interesting, would recommend!), and you can never go wrong with WTNV. A classic.
https://spiritspodcast.com/
Spirits is tangentially historical; it's about retelling and analyzing stories from across the world, from modern ghost stories to ancient mythologies.
https://spiritspodcast.com/
Spirits is tangentially historical; it's about retelling and analyzing stories from across the world, from modern ghost stories to ancient mythologies.
buy_my_art.png
@sorceresskira

I have a lot of recs haha :')

true crime podcasts

Casefile has over a 100 episodes on solved true crime cases. Very in-depth and super interesting!

Crime Junkies Podcast is mainly about unsolved cases, but they do updates on past episodes! Very conversational style!

fiction podcasts:

The Penumbra Podcast has two main storylines, one is a detective noir story that is set on Mars, the other about a group of knights in a land plagued by monsters. Both are very LGBT+ friendly and super funny, but also very gripping.

Wolf 359 is a fiction podcast set on a spacestation about the daily lives of the crew. Also very funny and all characters are super likeable!

The Bright Sessions is a science fiction podcast that follows a group of therapy patients with supernatural powers. I'm not super far into the story rn, but it's enthralling and interesting so far!

informational podcats:

Lore is a podcast about real-life scary stories. It explores the darker side of history and humankind, super interesting and might be the perfect podcast for you, if you like that kind of podcast :D

Sawbones is a podcast by a doctor and her husband, who talk about and explore the weird, dumb and gross ways we've tried to fix people over the years. Also very interesting and conversational style :)
@sorceresskira

I have a lot of recs haha :')

true crime podcasts

Casefile has over a 100 episodes on solved true crime cases. Very in-depth and super interesting!

Crime Junkies Podcast is mainly about unsolved cases, but they do updates on past episodes! Very conversational style!

fiction podcasts:

The Penumbra Podcast has two main storylines, one is a detective noir story that is set on Mars, the other about a group of knights in a land plagued by monsters. Both are very LGBT+ friendly and super funny, but also very gripping.

Wolf 359 is a fiction podcast set on a spacestation about the daily lives of the crew. Also very funny and all characters are super likeable!

The Bright Sessions is a science fiction podcast that follows a group of therapy patients with supernatural powers. I'm not super far into the story rn, but it's enthralling and interesting so far!

informational podcats:

Lore is a podcast about real-life scary stories. It explores the darker side of history and humankind, super interesting and might be the perfect podcast for you, if you like that kind of podcast :D

Sawbones is a podcast by a doctor and her husband, who talk about and explore the weird, dumb and gross ways we've tried to fix people over the years. Also very interesting and conversational style :)
Stand Still. Stay Silent.
@ladymcjingles @casscain

Thank you both! I'll be sure to check those out--Spirits, Lore and Sawbones sound like ones I'd particularly be interested in.
@ladymcjingles @casscain

Thank you both! I'll be sure to check those out--Spirits, Lore and Sawbones sound like ones I'd particularly be interested in.