Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Bonding
1 2
I've seen some suggestions on this topic, they were mostly suggesting a button to bond with all of your familiars, but, whilst i'd still be glad if we got that, i think it would be nicer if we had a clicklist to interact with the familiars instead
I've seen some suggestions on this topic, they were mostly suggesting a button to bond with all of your familiars, but, whilst i'd still be glad if we got that, i think it would be nicer if we had a clicklist to interact with the familiars instead
A lot of people want the ability to bond through the bestiary :D
A lot of people want the ability to bond through the bestiary :D
[quote name="deermary" date="2019-05-04 15:17:44" ] itd be great but fr likes to make things as difficult as possible so while it would be extrememly convienent, they wouldn't do it [/quote] You get money for clicking one button :O I don't think that's difficult! I am also sure they don't "like to make things as difficult as possible" :3
deermary wrote on 2019-05-04 15:17:44:
itd be great but fr likes to make things as difficult as possible so while it would be extrememly convienent, they wouldn't do it

You get money for clicking one button :O I don't think that's difficult! I am also sure they don't "like to make things as difficult as possible" :3
I would personally prefer to be able to bond through the lair page. I do not think that users should be able to bond with familiars no attached to dragons, so I am not as fond of the bond through bestiary or a listing of familiars you own methods.

Also, I would like to point out that FR is a game (this is not to OP). Making things 'difficult' is sort of the point of most games, as if they are too easy, then players tend to get bored and leave.
I would personally prefer to be able to bond through the lair page. I do not think that users should be able to bond with familiars no attached to dragons, so I am not as fond of the bond through bestiary or a listing of familiars you own methods.

Also, I would like to point out that FR is a game (this is not to OP). Making things 'difficult' is sort of the point of most games, as if they are too easy, then players tend to get bored and leave.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-05-04 17:48:52" ] I would personally prefer to be able to bond through the lair page. I do not think that users should be able to bond with familiars no attached to dragons, so I am not as fond of the bond through bestiary or a listing of familiars you own methods. Also, I would like to point out that FR is a game (this is not to OP). Making things 'difficult' is sort of the point of most games, as if they are too easy, then players tend to get bored and leave. [/quote] What i meant with the clicklist thing was to have a button in your lair where you could open the clicklist for bonding with the familiar you have attached to your dragons, i don't think you should be able to bond with familiar not attached to dragons either. About making it harder to bond to keep the game "difficult and fun", i don't think the current system is difficult or fun, just annoying, specially for people with over a hundred dragons
Jemadar wrote on 2019-05-04 17:48:52:

What i meant with the clicklist thing was to have a button in your lair where you could open the clicklist for bonding with the familiar you have attached to your dragons, i don't think you should be able to bond with familiar not attached to dragons either. About making it harder to bond to keep the game "difficult and fun", i don't think the current system is difficult or fun, just annoying, specially for people with over a hundred dragons
[quote name="Joltaire" date="2019-05-07 04:51:36" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-05-04 17:48:52" ] I would personally prefer to be able to bond through the lair page. I do not think that users should be able to bond with familiars no attached to dragons, so I am not as fond of the bond through bestiary or a listing of familiars you own methods. Also, I would like to point out that FR is a game (this is not to OP). Making things 'difficult' is sort of the point of most games, as if they are too easy, then players tend to get bored and leave. [/quote] What i meant with the clicklist thing was to have a button in your lair where you could open the clicklist for bonding with the familiar you have attached to your dragons, i don't think you should be able to bond with familiar not attached to dragons either. About making it harder to bond to keep the game "difficult and fun", i don't think the current system is difficult or fun, just annoying, specially for people with over a hundred dragons [/quote] That would be better. One other reason why bond all buttons tend to not be wanted is because the site does get revenue through ads, so cutting out on clicks means fewer ads seen and less ad revenue for the site. I do think it could be balanced where there is one or two fewer clicks, but the site still gets ad revenue for each familiar that is bonded As for the difficult part, no bonding familiars isn't fun, but that is all part of games. There will always be parts of a game players don't like, and at least with FR, bonding familiars is not required to further the game, unlike some other games I have played. Whether it is difficult or just tedious, that is somewhat required to prevent a fair amount of treasure and gems from entering the economy (and game) without a lot of effort on the part of the players. I know that if I could bond with every familiar attached to a dragon with just a button, or just a few clicks, I would be more likely to not only get more dragons, but also switch out the familiars at least once so I can bond with two sets of familiars every day. In the long run, that would negate any sort of benefit the site sees from me expanding my lair to get more dragons (as I will be eventually making more than I would be spending)
Joltaire wrote on 2019-05-07 04:51:36:
Jemadar wrote on 2019-05-04 17:48:52:

What i meant with the clicklist thing was to have a button in your lair where you could open the clicklist for bonding with the familiar you have attached to your dragons, i don't think you should be able to bond with familiar not attached to dragons either. About making it harder to bond to keep the game "difficult and fun", i don't think the current system is difficult or fun, just annoying, specially for people with over a hundred dragons
That would be better. One other reason why bond all buttons tend to not be wanted is because the site does get revenue through ads, so cutting out on clicks means fewer ads seen and less ad revenue for the site.

I do think it could be balanced where there is one or two fewer clicks, but the site still gets ad revenue for each familiar that is bonded

As for the difficult part, no bonding familiars isn't fun, but that is all part of games. There will always be parts of a game players don't like, and at least with FR, bonding familiars is not required to further the game, unlike some other games I have played. Whether it is difficult or just tedious, that is somewhat required to prevent a fair amount of treasure and gems from entering the economy (and game) without a lot of effort on the part of the players.

I know that if I could bond with every familiar attached to a dragon with just a button, or just a few clicks, I would be more likely to not only get more dragons, but also switch out the familiars at least once so I can bond with two sets of familiars every day. In the long run, that would negate any sort of benefit the site sees from me expanding my lair to get more dragons (as I will be eventually making more than I would be spending)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I personally don't mind bonding with all of my familiars that are associated with dragons. You just click the button and then click the right arrow to move to the next page. It's bonding with all of my lonely familiars that's tedious. You have to click 4 times to bond with one familiar. That's excessive in my opinion. Perhaps an easy solution that doesn't make bonding with every familiar too easy would be to allow you to cycle through familiars similarly to how you can cycle from dragon to dragon. Just add next and previous buttons to the familiar box. Then you still have to attach each familiar to a dragon, but you don't have to click "change" > click a familiar > click back > finally bond with the familiar.
I personally don't mind bonding with all of my familiars that are associated with dragons. You just click the button and then click the right arrow to move to the next page. It's bonding with all of my lonely familiars that's tedious. You have to click 4 times to bond with one familiar. That's excessive in my opinion. Perhaps an easy solution that doesn't make bonding with every familiar too easy would be to allow you to cycle through familiars similarly to how you can cycle from dragon to dragon. Just add next and previous buttons to the familiar box. Then you still have to attach each familiar to a dragon, but you don't have to click "change" > click a familiar > click back > finally bond with the familiar.
pennyredux.png
[quote name="deermary" date="2019-05-04 15:17:44" ] itd be great but fl like to make things as difficult as possible so while it would be extrememly convienent, they wouldn't do it lmao [/quote] Ever heard the quote 'No work, no reward'? It's a hassle clicking every single button (it actually became a lot easier now that we can switch dragons using the arrow keys) but the rewards are well worth it.
deermary wrote on 2019-05-04 15:17:44:
itd be great but fl like to make things as difficult as possible so while it would be extrememly convienent, they wouldn't do it lmao
Ever heard the quote 'No work, no reward'? It's a hassle clicking every single button (it actually became a lot easier now that we can switch dragons using the arrow keys) but the rewards are well worth it.
They made it super easy already - you don't have to confirm by clicking okay after bonding, just ignore the confirmation window and scroll to the next fam with an arrow. Click on [emoji=heart size=1] - scroll, click-scroll, click-scroll. What took forever because of clicking okay, waiting for the page to reload and manually clicking to the next dragon, now takes a minute.
They made it super easy already - you don't have to confirm by clicking okay after bonding, just ignore the confirmation window and scroll to the next fam with an arrow. Click on - scroll, click-scroll, click-scroll.

What took forever because of clicking okay, waiting for the page to reload and manually clicking to the next dragon, now takes a minute.
FR+10
Ping-friendly. Loves coatls and skydancers.
If we can feed our dragons with one click, why not bond with all the familiars with one click? It seems reasonable.
If we can feed our dragons with one click, why not bond with all the familiars with one click? It seems reasonable.
youtriedstar.png
1 2