Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to opt out of coliseum captcha?
It's kind of jarring to be grinding away and then getting hit with a captcha which you have to do before you can continue fighting. Also if you get it wrong a certain amount of times it says you have to wait before solving another captcha and straight up kicks you out of the coli.
Yeah the captchas are hardly difficult but does anyone else find this a bit unfair?
It's just annoying more than anything. Don't care about the buffs.
It's kind of jarring to be grinding away and then getting hit with a captcha which you have to do before you can continue fighting. Also if you get it wrong a certain amount of times it says you have to wait before solving another captcha and straight up kicks you out of the coli.
Yeah the captchas are hardly difficult but does anyone else find this a bit unfair?
It's just annoying more than anything. Don't care about the buffs.
B1tRAiB.png
@Bosmer It's a system in place to prevent botting, the buffs are just thrown in to make it less irritating.

I agree that it could be a much better system, but it's not going to be removed.
@Bosmer It's a system in place to prevent botting, the buffs are just thrown in to make it less irritating.

I agree that it could be a much better system, but it's not going to be removed.
Unfortunately, it needs to stay because of botting.

But support for a complete overhaul. See other threads for good ideas.
Unfortunately, it needs to stay because of botting.

But support for a complete overhaul. See other threads for good ideas.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Ah, I understand now. I guess it's a good thing then!
Ah, I understand now. I guess it's a good thing then!
B1tRAiB.png
So, an option to bot?
So, an option to bot?
@Sopheroo I wasn't implying that. I've been away from FR for a year and returned to new coli update and was confused, but people on the thread said it was put in place to prevent people from using bots and that's ultimately a good thing.

Edit: The first time I saw the captcha image I didn't even realise it was a captcha, I assumed it was a puzzle to give players buffs to make the coliseum easier, or to remind people to take a break from endless battles. That's why I made this thread. But then people commented and I realised oh yeah people use bots.
@Sopheroo I wasn't implying that. I've been away from FR for a year and returned to new coli update and was confused, but people on the thread said it was put in place to prevent people from using bots and that's ultimately a good thing.

Edit: The first time I saw the captcha image I didn't even realise it was a captcha, I assumed it was a puzzle to give players buffs to make the coliseum easier, or to remind people to take a break from endless battles. That's why I made this thread. But then people commented and I realised oh yeah people use bots.
B1tRAiB.png
The captchas are a well-documented nuisance for a lot of players both with and without vision problems, including myself - and as they seem to be a required mechanic for coli usage, it would be more to the point to have a total revamp of the images used, even if it's just a FR-style "click all images containing a car" captcha.
The captchas are a well-documented nuisance for a lot of players both with and without vision problems, including myself - and as they seem to be a required mechanic for coli usage, it would be more to the point to have a total revamp of the images used, even if it's just a FR-style "click all images containing a car" captcha.
@Farah yeah I have terrible vision and even with my glasses on I'm often sat there for a minute thinking 'I swear to god there isn't a dragon here' and end up clicking somewhere random until I get a picture where I can see the dragon
It's so blurry and pixelated, I don't know why they didn't at least use a higher resolution image.
@Farah yeah I have terrible vision and even with my glasses on I'm often sat there for a minute thinking 'I swear to god there isn't a dragon here' and end up clicking somewhere random until I get a picture where I can see the dragon
It's so blurry and pixelated, I don't know why they didn't at least use a higher resolution image.
B1tRAiB.png
I'd support a revamp of the coli captcha system, maybe something along the lines of an image-based Tomo question ('what breed is on the left?' and similar variants) that has to be guessed right in order to proceed.
I'd support a revamp of the coli captcha system, maybe something along the lines of an image-based Tomo question ('what breed is on the left?' and similar variants) that has to be guessed right in order to proceed.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs