Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Reference accents/Sand Spirit
I'm just a bit curious how close a reference an accent is allowed to be these days. I'm pretty sure I've seen people make them in the past, but always thought it was somewhat frowned upon. But considering how closely the "Sand Spirit" accent from this rockbreaker ceremony resembles the jackal mount from Guild Wars 2, I'm starting to wonder if I'm behind on this matter. Just to show what I mean... [img]https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/e/ea/Jackal_2.jpg/800px-Jackal_2.jpg[/img]
I'm just a bit curious how close a reference an accent is allowed to be these days. I'm pretty sure I've seen people make them in the past, but always thought it was somewhat frowned upon. But considering how closely the "Sand Spirit" accent from this rockbreaker ceremony resembles the jackal mount from Guild Wars 2, I'm starting to wonder if I'm behind on this matter.

Just to show what I mean...
800px-Jackal_2.jpg

@Lini

This is not something that can be answered on the Help board by players. If you have concerns you need to contact the admins directly with a support ticket.
@Lini

This is not something that can be answered on the Help board by players. If you have concerns you need to contact the admins directly with a support ticket.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Lini

I recall an instance in the past where a player wanted to make an accent based off of the geometric patterns on a ship in a video game. They contacted staff, and while using the exact pattern on the ship was vetoed, they allowed something in the same rough style and color scheme, which was clearly inspired but not directly pulled from the design.

In this case, the exact runes, arrangement of plates, and even color scheme are all different. While there's certainly a stylistic similarity, I suspect it's not a problem?

That being said, I'm not staff, so you would need to send in a message for a full answer.
@Lini

I recall an instance in the past where a player wanted to make an accent based off of the geometric patterns on a ship in a video game. They contacted staff, and while using the exact pattern on the ship was vetoed, they allowed something in the same rough style and color scheme, which was clearly inspired but not directly pulled from the design.

In this case, the exact runes, arrangement of plates, and even color scheme are all different. While there's certainly a stylistic similarity, I suspect it's not a problem?

That being said, I'm not staff, so you would need to send in a message for a full answer.