Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Allow seeing a dragon's battlestones
1 2
It's something that happens very rarely, but it does sadly happen...
A dragon is claimed to have eliminate, the dragon is sold for the cost of a dragon-with-eliminate, dragon turns out to not have eliminate, seller either vanishes from the face of the planet or refuses to respond to the frustrated buyer's inquiries...

Could there be an option to see a dragon's battlestones, even if it's not within our own lair? Perhaps a togglable add-on below the dragon's bio that shows the battle stones?

It would also make it easier for people selling dragons with eliminate, as it would rule out any need to make screenshots in the dragon's bio, and would reduce doubts from the buyer's side, as any seller that refuses to toggle on a dragon's battle stones can be presumed to be dishonest about their dealings.
It's something that happens very rarely, but it does sadly happen...
A dragon is claimed to have eliminate, the dragon is sold for the cost of a dragon-with-eliminate, dragon turns out to not have eliminate, seller either vanishes from the face of the planet or refuses to respond to the frustrated buyer's inquiries...

Could there be an option to see a dragon's battlestones, even if it's not within our own lair? Perhaps a togglable add-on below the dragon's bio that shows the battle stones?

It would also make it easier for people selling dragons with eliminate, as it would rule out any need to make screenshots in the dragon's bio, and would reduce doubts from the buyer's side, as any seller that refuses to toggle on a dragon's battle stones can be presumed to be dishonest about their dealings.
tumblr_inline_nk71anzSWJ1qg2i5p.png
Support. As it stands right now, it's very easy to get scammed when shopping for a L25 with Elim. Screenshots can be faked, etc. I can't think of any reason why you should need to keep your battle stones private.
Support. As it stands right now, it's very easy to get scammed when shopping for a L25 with Elim. Screenshots can be faked, etc. I can't think of any reason why you should need to keep your battle stones private.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-07-11 05:17:44" ] Support. As it stands right now, it's very easy to get scammed when shopping for a L25 with Elim. Screenshots can be faked, etc. [b]I can't think of any reason why you should need to keep your battle stones private.[/b] [/quote] The only reason against showing stones that I can think of is the PvP in the coliseum? It's not a very good reason, since very few people actually use PvP, most people use the same eliminate or mage builds with minor tweaks, and since the opponents are randomized, it's not like you could know the team's stones ahead of time. But maybe someone might argue that? Otherwise, yeah. We should be able to see a dragon's stones, especially given how valuable eliminates are and how easy it is to scam people as of right now.
Ridara wrote on 2018-07-11 05:17:44:
The only reason against showing stones that I can think of is the PvP in the coliseum? It's not a very good reason, since very few people actually use PvP, most people use the same eliminate or mage builds with minor tweaks, and since the opponents are randomized, it's not like you could know the team's stones ahead of time. But maybe someone might argue that?

Otherwise, yeah. We should be able to see a dragon's stones, especially given how valuable eliminates are and how easy it is to scam people as of right now.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
Yeah I always wondered why battlestones were private anyway.
Edit: I forgot all about PvP but even given that the possible teeny tiny need for privacy in that sense doesn't outweigh the need for stone visibility in other departments. This could be something that pops up when you hover over a dragon's coli level, or a little button somewhere on the dragon lookup that says "view stones" or something.

It would be some effort on the FR staff's part, but I think it is definitely something that could use their consideration given the very high scam potential- stoned dragons can be worth a lot, so there's always lots of money (sometimes real money people pay, for gems) in play.
Yeah I always wondered why battlestones were private anyway.
Edit: I forgot all about PvP but even given that the possible teeny tiny need for privacy in that sense doesn't outweigh the need for stone visibility in other departments. This could be something that pops up when you hover over a dragon's coli level, or a little button somewhere on the dragon lookup that says "view stones" or something.

It would be some effort on the FR staff's part, but I think it is definitely something that could use their consideration given the very high scam potential- stoned dragons can be worth a lot, so there's always lots of money (sometimes real money people pay, for gems) in play.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
The niche case of PvP shouldn't overpower the far more widespread need to see information about a prospective purchase. Support.
The niche case of PvP shouldn't overpower the far more widespread need to see information about a prospective purchase. Support.
wq9PoXA.png
Even just knowing what elements your opponents are in PvP is enough to give you a massive advantage. You can just take advantage of their elemental weaknesses.

You can also already seen their stats, so you know whether you're going up against a Fighter or a Mage. There's a limited number of battlestones available in each category. The only questions after that are: Does the Fighter have Elim and does the Mage have any sort of healing? Not exactly make-or-break questions. (At least they aren't if you have a well-balanced team and aren't just bringing your Culex cannons into PvP.)
Even just knowing what elements your opponents are in PvP is enough to give you a massive advantage. You can just take advantage of their elemental weaknesses.

You can also already seen their stats, so you know whether you're going up against a Fighter or a Mage. There's a limited number of battlestones available in each category. The only questions after that are: Does the Fighter have Elim and does the Mage have any sort of healing? Not exactly make-or-break questions. (At least they aren't if you have a well-balanced team and aren't just bringing your Culex cannons into PvP.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support, I've been wanting this for a long time. I've never bought a fully stoned dragon, I prefer to train my own, but I'd been considering it recently. Now that I hear its ripe with scammers and there's no way to reliably know? There's no reason to buy a stoned dragon then in my opinion, its just too risky. Better to spend the extra money and stone and stat a dragon myself. The inability to see stones is probably hurting the pre-stoned dragon market a lot, I have to wonder if this is part of the reason eliminate is so expensive compared to them, prices dropping drastically because people are so wary of the sellers themselves.
Support, I've been wanting this for a long time. I've never bought a fully stoned dragon, I prefer to train my own, but I'd been considering it recently. Now that I hear its ripe with scammers and there's no way to reliably know? There's no reason to buy a stoned dragon then in my opinion, its just too risky. Better to spend the extra money and stone and stat a dragon myself. The inability to see stones is probably hurting the pre-stoned dragon market a lot, I have to wonder if this is part of the reason eliminate is so expensive compared to them, prices dropping drastically because people are so wary of the sellers themselves.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Support! I don't see a reason to keep battlestones hidden and the point of dishonest salespeople is a good one.
Support! I don't see a reason to keep battlestones hidden and the point of dishonest salespeople is a good one.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@DesertUmbra Good point re: PvP, but to quote my post from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2462503]a similar thread[/url]: [quote]If needed, there could always be a 'hide my dragons' battlestones' toggle somewhere, BUT if you've got a dragon listed on the AH, [b]their[/b] stones would still be public.[/quote]
@DesertUmbra

Good point re: PvP, but to quote my post from a similar thread:
Quote:
If needed, there could always be a 'hide my dragons' battlestones' toggle somewhere, BUT if you've got a dragon listed on the AH, their stones would still be public.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I will never understand why this isn’t a thing to begin with. Considering some battle stones can be pricey, it’s only fair to allow potential buyers to see them.
I will never understand why this isn’t a thing to begin with. Considering some battle stones can be pricey, it’s only fair to allow potential buyers to see them.
11501862_EwWdTdj8nqB6gLK.gif
1 2