Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Colorblind mode for Fairground games
This is just a minor suggestion, but having a colorblind mode for some of the fairground games could be a good idea. When I play Tidal Trouble, I have trouble telling certain colors/symbols apart and I end up either squinting to see or misplacing a bubble. Maybe you can offer a mode where the icons on the bubbles have a darker outline so they stand out more or alter the colors to stand out against similar colored ones.
This is just a minor suggestion, but having a colorblind mode for some of the fairground games could be a good idea. When I play Tidal Trouble, I have trouble telling certain colors/symbols apart and I end up either squinting to see or misplacing a bubble. Maybe you can offer a mode where the icons on the bubbles have a darker outline so they stand out more or alter the colors to stand out against similar colored ones.
Currently breeding: Crystal/Facet dragons
It's too late.. I missread XD Support for darker outlines. Or even a 'black symbols' mode. I'm not a fan of changing the original bubles though. A) do they represent the flight colors b) different kinds of colorblindnes will likely have different problems and thus while the situation for one moght get easier the other group might have it worse. So if they make the colors more redscale to help people having a hard time with blues and greens the ones having problems with the reds are not going to benefit from this. Would a grayscale mode help? [img]https://s33.postimg.cc/oq4c8d65r/bubblesgray.png[/img]
It's too late.. I missread XD

Support for darker outlines. Or even a 'black symbols' mode. I'm not a fan of changing the original bubles though. A) do they represent the flight colors b) different kinds of colorblindnes will likely have different problems and thus while the situation for one moght get easier the other group might have it worse. So if they make the colors more redscale to help people having a hard time with blues and greens the ones having problems with the reds are not going to benefit from this.

Would a grayscale mode help?
bubblesgray.png
Full support for better accessibility in any part of FR
Full support for better accessibility in any part of FR
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
The grayscale idea may not work unless the icons are outlined in black.
The grayscale idea may not work unless the icons are outlined in black.
Currently breeding: Crystal/Facet dragons
I could go for more obvious symbols, but I don't think they're too bad now.

At least, they've always worked for me on the colours I can't tell apart, because they're darker than the brick/bubble. Darker still might be nice.
I could go for more obvious symbols, but I don't think they're too bad now.

At least, they've always worked for me on the colours I can't tell apart, because they're darker than the brick/bubble. Darker still might be nice.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Full support. I am always in favor of making Flight Rising more accessible because lets face it, this site really isn't right now.
Full support. I am always in favor of making Flight Rising more accessible because lets face it, this site really isn't right now.
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png