Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Gem Hunter (Open For All!)
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41336213] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/413363/41336213_350.png[/img] [/url] Opal marvelled at her latest catch, a flawless Amethyst, the gem glistening in the light. Glowing with pride, the mirror dragon opened the bag on her side and dropped it in, the gem making a confident *plink* noise. Then, she strode away from the store she was just bought from, heading further into the marketplace to find other things that catch the dragon's eye. Opal loves gems, you see. All sorts of gems, from the dull to the upmost beautiful. She had been collecting gems for as long as she remembered, ever since she got into the hobby when her mother showed her collection. Her favorite gem.. well she had many. She couldn't hate a gem, she couldn't bare the thought! Opal scanned the marketplace, her eyes searching for something valuable.

41336213_350.png

Opal marvelled at her latest catch, a flawless Amethyst, the gem glistening in the light. Glowing with pride, the mirror dragon opened the bag on her side and dropped it in, the gem making a confident *plink* noise. Then, she strode away from the store she was just bought from, heading further into the marketplace to find other things that catch the dragon's eye.

Opal loves gems, you see. All sorts of gems, from the dull to the upmost beautiful. She had been collecting gems for as long as she remembered, ever since she got into the hobby when her mother showed her collection. Her favorite gem.. well she had many. She couldn't hate a gem, she couldn't bare the thought!

Opal scanned the marketplace, her eyes searching for something valuable.

- Just a confused durgen -

Please tag me in the rp forums just so I can stay caught up in roleplays!
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=206745&tab=dragon&did=31840312] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6J5Wr7w.png[/img] [/url] @shadowbby15 "That's right! Real gold!" The speckled yellow Coatl boasted to a small gathering of dragons near his market stand. He proudly pulled out a a trinket from his walnut-colored bag - a glimmering claw-engraved collar with an amber jewel welted into the center. While the jewelry was gorgeous in appearance, in reality it was utterly worthless. A cheap trick of his, as in actuality the brooch was made of fool's gold, and had a curse set upon it. That was his trade - selling cheap trinkets for a quick buck, and then amusing himself with the undesired affects the fake good had on the poor buyer. It was dishonest work, but entertained and provided for him. Nemr beamed as he caught sight of the Mirror, and quickly called out for her. Perfect! Mirrors were were more obsessive about collecting small trinkets and jewels for themselves than most dragons, but unlike Pearlcatchers, they weren't quite so keen. Their greed and overeagerness made them seem downright stupid at times! Some poor Mirrors would even excitedly buy as many trinkets from his stand as they could carry, not even noticing or caring about the overly expensive price and miserable hexes at first until it was too late. "You ma'am! Could I interest you in some fine emeralds? Freshly mined today! I have quite an array of gems to choose from, any kind you like!" He said kindly, carefully holding out a shining green gem for her to examine. "Only three-thousand treasure." He informed her, gleefully smirking under his mysterious mask. [/center]

6J5Wr7w.png

@shadowbby15 "That's right! Real gold!" The speckled yellow Coatl boasted to a small gathering of dragons near his market stand. He proudly pulled out a a trinket from his walnut-colored bag - a glimmering claw-engraved collar with an amber jewel welted into the center. While the jewelry was gorgeous in appearance, in reality it was utterly worthless. A cheap trick of his, as in actuality the brooch was made of fool's gold, and had a curse set upon it. That was his trade - selling cheap trinkets for a quick buck, and then amusing himself with the undesired affects the fake good had on the poor buyer. It was dishonest work, but entertained and provided for him.

Nemr beamed as he caught sight of the Mirror, and quickly called out for her. Perfect! Mirrors were were more obsessive about collecting small trinkets and jewels for themselves than most dragons, but unlike Pearlcatchers, they weren't quite so keen. Their greed and overeagerness made them seem downright stupid at times! Some poor Mirrors would even excitedly buy as many trinkets from his stand as they could carry, not even noticing or caring about the overly expensive price and miserable hexes at first until it was too late.
"You ma'am! Could I interest you in some fine emeralds? Freshly mined today! I have quite an array of gems to choose from, any kind you like!" He said kindly, carefully holding out a shining green gem for her to examine. "Only three-thousand treasure." He informed her, gleefully smirking under his mysterious mask.
@mithey

Opal blinked at the shout directed at her and gazed towards the dragon in question. It was a Coatl, a yellow speckled dragon who had an... interesting display of jewels.

Tilting her head, the dragon stepped forward. "Fine Emerald, you say?"
@mithey

Opal blinked at the shout directed at her and gazed towards the dragon in question. It was a Coatl, a yellow speckled dragon who had an... interesting display of jewels.

Tilting her head, the dragon stepped forward. "Fine Emerald, you say?"
- Just a confused durgen -

Please tag me in the rp forums just so I can stay caught up in roleplays!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29209767] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292098/29209767_350.png[/img] [/url] Islok heard a shout from the next stand over and looked up from the old magical tome he had been thinking of buying. He noticed the Coatl calling out to the mirror, holding the gem. His curiosity piqued, he decided to observe. "three thousand gems!" he thought to himself and huffed. He hoped the young mirror wouldn't be duped into paying such a steep price. Should he say something? For the time being he just watched with his wise old eyes.

29209767_350.png

Islok heard a shout from the next stand over and looked up from the old magical tome he had been thinking of buying. He noticed the Coatl calling out to the mirror, holding the gem. His curiosity piqued, he decided to observe.

"three thousand gems!" he thought to himself and huffed. He hoped the young mirror wouldn't be duped into paying such a steep price. Should he say something? For the time being he just watched with his wise old eyes.
fb49f1c619ab9b8d050f09a0aed801c2bc07fe2c.gif
@shadowbby15 @themagickey13

Nemr nodded quickly, smiling and placing the stone in her paw. "That's right! Wether you collect them or just want a pricey snack, these are the best of the best." He reassured the silver Mirror. He had her hooked now!
Nemr nearly groaned aloud when he saw the sagely blue Imperial approach. He was a regular at many of the markets in the region - and also a real spoilsport. He always had to tell someone if a price was too high, or if another stand was selling a cheaper item, or just plainly critique stand owners.
"Ah, Islok!" Nemr exclaimed, hoping to distract him. "No surprise seeing you here. Could I interest you in any of my wares?" He inquired, motioning to the array of many gems or trinkets laid out. "Because if you're not interested in buying, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. Right now." He added on quickly, teeth gritted.
@shadowbby15 @themagickey13

Nemr nodded quickly, smiling and placing the stone in her paw. "That's right! Wether you collect them or just want a pricey snack, these are the best of the best." He reassured the silver Mirror. He had her hooked now!
Nemr nearly groaned aloud when he saw the sagely blue Imperial approach. He was a regular at many of the markets in the region - and also a real spoilsport. He always had to tell someone if a price was too high, or if another stand was selling a cheaper item, or just plainly critique stand owners.
"Ah, Islok!" Nemr exclaimed, hoping to distract him. "No surprise seeing you here. Could I interest you in any of my wares?" He inquired, motioning to the array of many gems or trinkets laid out. "Because if you're not interested in buying, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. Right now." He added on quickly, teeth gritted.
@Mithey

Islok grimaced at Nemr but quickly hid it with a calm smile"Actually, I am shopping over here" He pointed out, tapping the book with his claw. He then gestured with the claw around him to show that he was in fact still technically in front of the neighboring stall. The tiny purple fae that owned the neighboring stall had her crests flattened in worry at what seemed to be a confrontation. She kept her mouth shut though.
"Or..." Islok continued "Are there rules against peering at your fine wares from over here for too long?" He chuckled as if it were a great joke, maintaining a coolly friendly facade.
He turned and offered a genuine smile to the mirror dragon "I apologize for the interruption... be wise when considering this one's.... err... fine wares"

(Out of character: Lol Islok is a nosey brat)
@Mithey

Islok grimaced at Nemr but quickly hid it with a calm smile"Actually, I am shopping over here" He pointed out, tapping the book with his claw. He then gestured with the claw around him to show that he was in fact still technically in front of the neighboring stall. The tiny purple fae that owned the neighboring stall had her crests flattened in worry at what seemed to be a confrontation. She kept her mouth shut though.
"Or..." Islok continued "Are there rules against peering at your fine wares from over here for too long?" He chuckled as if it were a great joke, maintaining a coolly friendly facade.
He turned and offered a genuine smile to the mirror dragon "I apologize for the interruption... be wise when considering this one's.... err... fine wares"

(Out of character: Lol Islok is a nosey brat)
fb49f1c619ab9b8d050f09a0aed801c2bc07fe2c.gif