Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dungeons and Dragons (D&D)
Listen.

I'm a total nerd. I used to play Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 edition) and Magic the Gathering, but since I started high school at a different school, I have found basically nobody to play with and the local game stores aren't exactly welcoming. So I figured I would try the online Internet community.

Problem is...

I haven't played a proper D&D game in 2-3 years now, and I'm kind of overwhelmed by the internet community at the moment. Would anyone be willing to venture with me into the realm of online D&D gaming? I've always played it pen and paper, and I think it's the same idea/format online. I'd make a Discord group to kind of unite everyone. I just REALLY REALLY really really want to get back into playing because I love Wizards of the Coast but I am too shy to do it in real life or just throw myself into places like Roll20.

Thoughts?
Listen.

I'm a total nerd. I used to play Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 edition) and Magic the Gathering, but since I started high school at a different school, I have found basically nobody to play with and the local game stores aren't exactly welcoming. So I figured I would try the online Internet community.

Problem is...

I haven't played a proper D&D game in 2-3 years now, and I'm kind of overwhelmed by the internet community at the moment. Would anyone be willing to venture with me into the realm of online D&D gaming? I've always played it pen and paper, and I think it's the same idea/format online. I'd make a Discord group to kind of unite everyone. I just REALLY REALLY really really want to get back into playing because I love Wizards of the Coast but I am too shy to do it in real life or just throw myself into places like Roll20.

Thoughts?
gone
@raviolimalioli

I'd be down to play! My last D&D group fell through, and I recently found myself missing the game a lot.
@raviolimalioli

I'd be down to play! My last D&D group fell through, and I recently found myself missing the game a lot.
I have experience with Roll20. I could help out but I'm really shy speaking aloud with new people. . .
I have experience with Roll20. I could help out but I'm really shy speaking aloud with new people. . .
Hemolich_badge_100px.png Aether_Small.png
I've been on a huge D&D kick lately, but I haven't tried R20 yet.
I've been on a huge D&D kick lately, but I haven't tried R20 yet.
mwxYQwg.png
@raviolimalioli, played 5e with my friends on Roll20 before life happened to us. Would be interested in starting up again.
@raviolimalioli, played 5e with my friends on Roll20 before life happened to us. Would be interested in starting up again.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?