Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Progenitors in the AH
Ok so I'm super curious because I keep seeing a ton of progenitors (1st gen, no parents) being sold in the AH and I figure hey, things must have changed since I've last played this game. But, as it turns out, you still can't sell them. I mean I couldn't. My friend couldn't. So then what is up with the progens in the Auction House? I've even seen accounts with over ten progenitors in their lair. I am super confused.
Ok so I'm super curious because I keep seeing a ton of progenitors (1st gen, no parents) being sold in the AH and I figure hey, things must have changed since I've last played this game. But, as it turns out, you still can't sell them. I mean I couldn't. My friend couldn't. So then what is up with the progens in the Auction House? I've even seen accounts with over ten progenitors in their lair. I am super confused.
@Imperatrix The ones you see in the AH, and many of the ones in people's lairs, are just first generation dragons (G1s)! You can hatch an ordinary G1 from any kind of unhatched egg item and buy, sell, or trade them as you please. Progenitors are also first generation dragons, but they're bound to your account and can't leave your lair unless you exalt them.
@Imperatrix The ones you see in the AH, and many of the ones in people's lairs, are just first generation dragons (G1s)! You can hatch an ordinary G1 from any kind of unhatched egg item and buy, sell, or trade them as you please. Progenitors are also first generation dragons, but they're bound to your account and can't leave your lair unless you exalt them.
___i________tFq54vi.png
4sqjku3.png

Dydo || FR + 3 || Avatar

4sqjku3.png
IthIIIB.png
@Imperatrix There's a difference between progenitors and Gen 1s! Progenitors are the first two dragons every player gets. They have no parents, and they are linked to your account. They cannot be sold, traded, or sent to another user in any way, and you will not get rewards for exalting them. That is true. However, you can find unhatched elemental eggs via Scavenging or battling in the Coliseum... [item=Unhatched Ice Egg][item=Unhatched Fire Egg][item=Unhatched Arcane Egg][item=Unhatched Nature Egg] and so on... You can brew Bogsneak eggs in Baldwin's Cauldron... [item=Unhatched Bogsneak Egg] ...or you can find Nocturne eggs in Strange Chests during Night of the Nocturne (which is what's happening now). [item=Unhatched Nocturne Egg] When hatched, their colors are always completely random, they will always hatch with triple Basic genes, and they have no parents. However, as they are not directly linked to your account like progens are, they can be sold, traded, and exalted like any normal dragon.
@Imperatrix There's a difference between progenitors and Gen 1s!

Progenitors are the first two dragons every player gets. They have no parents, and they are linked to your account. They cannot be sold, traded, or sent to another user in any way, and you will not get rewards for exalting them. That is true.

However, you can find unhatched elemental eggs via Scavenging or battling in the Coliseum...
Unhatched Ice Egg Unhatched Fire Egg Unhatched Arcane Egg Unhatched Nature Egg and so on...

You can brew Bogsneak eggs in Baldwin's Cauldron...
Unhatched Bogsneak Egg

...or you can find Nocturne eggs in Strange Chests during Night of the Nocturne (which is what's happening now).
Unhatched Nocturne Egg

When hatched, their colors are always completely random, they will always hatch with triple Basic genes, and they have no parents. However, as they are not directly linked to your account like progens are, they can be sold, traded, and exalted like any normal dragon.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@Dydomio Oh my god, unhatched eggs! I vaguely remember those existed. Thank you! I was literally trying like crazy to sell/donate my progenitors. I figured there HAD to be a way. Thanks, I can sleep easy now. :D
@Dydomio Oh my god, unhatched eggs! I vaguely remember those existed. Thank you! I was literally trying like crazy to sell/donate my progenitors. I figured there HAD to be a way. Thanks, I can sleep easy now. :D
@NightmareJudge Thanks a whole bunch for the extra info! <3 This is really useful stuff.
@NightmareJudge Thanks a whole bunch for the extra info! <3 This is really useful stuff.