Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | betta fish behavior ?
my betta swims up to me whenever i walk into my room, and usually swims up and down against the glass in the direction facing me. after a little bit, he normally swims off to do his own thing. is this normal / is there a cause behind it ? i was wondering if it was because he was hungry, but i usually feed him first thing in the morning.
my betta swims up to me whenever i walk into my room, and usually swims up and down against the glass in the direction facing me. after a little bit, he normally swims off to do his own thing. is this normal / is there a cause behind it ? i was wondering if it was because he was hungry, but i usually feed him first thing in the morning.
'_'7
I think they're just saying hi; my betta did that too.
After all, you're the most interesting thing all day. Why not say hi?
I think they're just saying hi; my betta did that too.
After all, you're the most interesting thing all day. Why not say hi?
9-CD1-DC7-E-618-B-4516-ADC7-CFC344-B78-FAE.jpg
Yup yup sounds like he's coming to investigate. Bettas are fairly smart and curious and can recognise you as the food provider :D He could be begging for more but it doesn't mean he needs feeding. Fish will eat forever if you let them.
Yup yup sounds like he's coming to investigate. Bettas are fairly smart and curious and can recognise you as the food provider :D He could be begging for more but it doesn't mean he needs feeding. Fish will eat forever if you let them.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Yeah that's normal for mine too! He loves to watch me walking around when I'm in the room, and he wiggles at me when I get closer to him. :) I'm guessing they enjoy the stimulus and also they know that you're the one that feeds them.
Yeah that's normal for mine too! He loves to watch me walking around when I'm in the room, and he wiggles at me when I get closer to him. :) I'm guessing they enjoy the stimulus and also they know that you're the one that feeds them.
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
Definitely normal! Bettas can recognize their people, and will wiggle/swim excitedly in greeting and when asking for food. They do this even when they arent hungry though, so make sure not to overfeed.

My two boys always do this in the morning when they get fed, and when I get home in the afternoon.
Definitely normal! Bettas can recognize their people, and will wiggle/swim excitedly in greeting and when asking for food. They do this even when they arent hungry though, so make sure not to overfeed.

My two boys always do this in the morning when they get fed, and when I get home in the afternoon.
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
Yeah, bettas do this. He's just checking things out :} my betta will do it whenever I'm making food (his tank is on the kitchen counter, so he can watch me prep dinner).
Yeah, bettas do this. He's just checking things out :} my betta will do it whenever I'm making food (his tank is on the kitchen counter, so he can watch me prep dinner).
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
That's normal- bettas are extremely curious creatures that love to investigate their people; I've even heard they can recognize their owners apart from other people, but I have no experience to back that up.

I have a betta named Ares who comes to see me any time I come to his tank so that he can flare his gills and try to kill me, lol. Bettas are awesome fish!
That's normal- bettas are extremely curious creatures that love to investigate their people; I've even heard they can recognize their owners apart from other people, but I have no experience to back that up.

I have a betta named Ares who comes to see me any time I come to his tank so that he can flare his gills and try to kill me, lol. Bettas are awesome fish!
image.png