Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Advertising with SOUND
Listen, I use an adblocker for most websites, but I've had it turned off for this site for the two+ years I've been here, because I respect this site and this community enough to want to support it.

In the last few weeks, however, I've gotten a handful of ads that start playing VERY loud music/sound that is incredibly jarring and off-putting, and frankly gives me a moment of panic and confusion as I search for the source of the disturbance. I completely support that you need ads to make revenue for the site, but ads with sound are a huge reason why I have an adblocker in the first place, and if I encounter this problem for much longer, I'm probably going to have to turn my adblocker back on, because I hate the random heart-attack inducing music that gets shoved at me.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who feels this way. Random ads with sounds are hugely discouraging to allowing ads to display on a website. I'm not sure what control the admins have over that, but if you can go back to silent advertising, I can continue to allow ads to display for you guys, and it'll will probably allow others to do the same.

(Also, allowing ads with sound is really just just a couple steps above ads with sneaky viruses, which is the route deviantart took a decade ago, which also makes me incredibly nervous about leaving my adblocker disabled.)
Listen, I use an adblocker for most websites, but I've had it turned off for this site for the two+ years I've been here, because I respect this site and this community enough to want to support it.

In the last few weeks, however, I've gotten a handful of ads that start playing VERY loud music/sound that is incredibly jarring and off-putting, and frankly gives me a moment of panic and confusion as I search for the source of the disturbance. I completely support that you need ads to make revenue for the site, but ads with sound are a huge reason why I have an adblocker in the first place, and if I encounter this problem for much longer, I'm probably going to have to turn my adblocker back on, because I hate the random heart-attack inducing music that gets shoved at me.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who feels this way. Random ads with sounds are hugely discouraging to allowing ads to display on a website. I'm not sure what control the admins have over that, but if you can go back to silent advertising, I can continue to allow ads to display for you guys, and it'll will probably allow others to do the same.

(Also, allowing ads with sound is really just just a couple steps above ads with sneaky viruses, which is the route deviantart took a decade ago, which also makes me incredibly nervous about leaving my adblocker disabled.)
@Vespertineflora Ads aren't intended to have sound- and you are intended to report them to the ad report thread here :D
@Vespertineflora Ads aren't intended to have sound- and you are intended to report them to the ad report thread here :D
@Vespertineflora Intrusive ads, including ones with sound aren't allowed. Occasionally rogue ads get through due to how advertising on FR works but they shouldn't be around. If you get any you can report them here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/27823
@Vespertineflora Intrusive ads, including ones with sound aren't allowed. Occasionally rogue ads get through due to how advertising on FR works but they shouldn't be around. If you get any you can report them here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/27823
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I'm going to go ahead and lok this thread because, as mentioned above, intrusive ads with sounds or pop ups, or inappropriate content, are already not allowed. However, sometimes a couple of them do slip through the cracks. Please make sure to report those, so that HiveWorks can take the sets to remove such ads from the pool.

Thank you!
I'm going to go ahead and lok this thread because, as mentioned above, intrusive ads with sounds or pop ups, or inappropriate content, are already not allowed. However, sometimes a couple of them do slip through the cracks. Please make sure to report those, so that HiveWorks can take the sets to remove such ads from the pool.

Thank you!