Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Earth 2 (1994-95)
I doubt I'm going to find anyone on here who has heard of this show, but I wanted to bring it up just in case. I couldn't find any other mentions of it besides my own and, to be fair, it wasn't very popular back when it was still on TV. But it was on Netflix until recently though, which is where I found it. E2 is a little.... hard to explain because of how complicated the premise is but this is how Wikipedia describes it: [quote][center]"Two centuries in the future, when pollution has forced humans to abandon Earth in favor of cramped space stations, scientist Devon Adair hijacks a spacecraft and sets out with a band of followers in search of another planet that will offer a brighter, more normal future to children like her son, Ulysses. Joining Devon and Ulysses are mechanic John Danziger and his daughter, True; team physician Julia Heller, who has her own secret agenda; Alonzo Solace, a pilot; Yale, a cyborg; and Morgan, a craven government agent, and his wife, Bess. The voyagers find their planet, but their ship crash-lands on the wrong side of the globe, forcing them to attempt an arduous and dangerous trek to their ultimate destination, New Pacifica."[/center][/quote] There are some inaccuracies there, like how Devon isn't a scientist who hijacked a spacecraft--she's a rich mother who spent years planning an expedition to give her sick son an earth-like planet to live on so he and others like him can heal from a mystery illness supposedly exclusive to the stations. But instead of focusing too much on the background and history, the show starts off with them leaving the stations and then crashing on the planet. The background elements are still developed and referenced constantly which is fun for learning more about the world the writers created. The planet itself is so cool though, with several kinds of species already living there and some other secrets the team uncovers on their journeys. I just,,, love it so much. I'm not sure how easy it is to find online anymore, but if anyone ever does want to watch it, I ripped my DVDs a little while ago so I have files for all of the episodes... I know most people aren't going to be interested or even know what I'm talking about, but I figured E2 deserves a mention here. The fandom on other sites consists of about.... 4 people... including me ¯\_(?)_/¯ It's just a rly good show tbh. I wish I could do it justice in just one forum post.
I doubt I'm going to find anyone on here who has heard of this show, but I wanted to bring it up just in case. I couldn't find any other mentions of it besides my own and, to be fair, it wasn't very popular back when it was still on TV. But it was on Netflix until recently though, which is where I found it.

E2 is a little.... hard to explain because of how complicated the premise is but this is how Wikipedia describes it:
Quote:
"Two centuries in the future, when pollution has forced humans to abandon Earth in favor of cramped space stations, scientist Devon Adair hijacks a spacecraft and sets out with a band of followers in search of another planet that will offer a brighter, more normal future to children like her son, Ulysses. Joining Devon and Ulysses are mechanic John Danziger and his daughter, True; team physician Julia Heller, who has her own secret agenda; Alonzo Solace, a pilot; Yale, a cyborg; and Morgan, a craven government agent, and his wife, Bess. The voyagers find their planet, but their ship crash-lands on the wrong side of the globe, forcing them to attempt an arduous and dangerous trek to their ultimate destination, New Pacifica."

There are some inaccuracies there, like how Devon isn't a scientist who hijacked a spacecraft--she's a rich mother who spent years planning an expedition to give her sick son an earth-like planet to live on so he and others like him can heal from a mystery illness supposedly exclusive to the stations. But instead of focusing too much on the background and history, the show starts off with them leaving the stations and then crashing on the planet. The background elements are still developed and referenced constantly which is fun for learning more about the world the writers created. The planet itself is so cool though, with several kinds of species already living there and some other secrets the team uncovers on their journeys. I just,,, love it so much.

I'm not sure how easy it is to find online anymore, but if anyone ever does want to watch it, I ripped my DVDs a little while ago so I have files for all of the episodes... I know most people aren't going to be interested or even know what I'm talking about, but I figured E2 deserves a mention here. The fandom on other sites consists of about.... 4 people... including me ¯\_(?)_/¯

It's just a rly good show tbh. I wish I could do it justice in just one forum post.