Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Breeding Bug
I'm playing on mobile, and while trying to breed two of my dragons the selection menu is only available for the first parent I choose. After that, anywhere I tap while on that page brings me back to that menu (aside from the links, of course). I tried to breed my dragon directly from its information page, and while I was able to select both progenitors I can't click on the Preview Offspring or Confirm Breeding Pair buttons. I have an iPhone and I'm on Chrome. Is there any way to fix it?
I'm playing on mobile, and while trying to breed two of my dragons the selection menu is only available for the first parent I choose. After that, anywhere I tap while on that page brings me back to that menu (aside from the links, of course). I tried to breed my dragon directly from its information page, and while I was able to select both progenitors I can't click on the Preview Offspring or Confirm Breeding Pair buttons. I have an iPhone and I'm on Chrome. Is there any way to fix it?
@AnneSthesya
When it comes to bugs, the first thing you want to do is clear your cache. It's the "turn it off and back on again" of website bugs.

You didn't mention that you did it, so try doing so and see if it works after that.
@AnneSthesya
When it comes to bugs, the first thing you want to do is clear your cache. It's the "turn it off and back on again" of website bugs.

You didn't mention that you did it, so try doing so and see if it works after that.
image0.gif
@AnneSthesya Are you using Safari on an iPhone? The last few upgrades have caused some issues with dropdown menus. It's causing a "sticking" issue where you can't get out of a menu unless you force it to do something else between menus. Once you've selected a dragon to breed with and you want to either select a second or you want to use the Preview Offspring or Confirm Breeding Pair buttons hold your finger down on the image of one of the dragons until the Save menu appears. Cancel out of it and then you'll be able to use the buttons or change one of the dragons you want to breed. Otherwise, please write back with: [br] [quote][LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [br][list][*]Browser(s) Version[/list] [br][*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [br][list][*]Mobile [*]Laptop [*]Desktop [*]Etc.[/list] [br] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [br][list][*]Operating System Version[/list] [br][*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [br][list][*]Mobile [*]Wireless [*]Wired - cable/DSL? [*]School [*]Home [*]Work[/list] [br][*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [br][list][*]Antivirus Version[/list] [/LIST] [br] [list] [*][b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] [br] [list][*]Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.[/list][/list] [br] [list][*][b]Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.[/b][/quote][/list] Hope this helps!
@AnneSthesya

Are you using Safari on an iPhone?

The last few upgrades have caused some issues with dropdown menus. It's causing a "sticking" issue where you can't get out of a menu unless you force it to do something else between menus.

Once you've selected a dragon to breed with and you want to either select a second or you want to use the Preview Offspring or Confirm Breeding Pair buttons hold your finger down on the image of one of the dragons until the Save menu appears. Cancel out of it and then you'll be able to use the buttons or change one of the dragons you want to breed.

Otherwise, please write back with:

Quote:
  • Browser(s) Used

• Browser(s) Version

• Device(s) Used

• Mobile
    • Laptop
    • Desktop
    • Etc.

• Device Operating System

• Operating System Version

• Internet Connection Type

• Mobile
    • Wireless
    • Wired - cable/DSL?
    • School
    • Home
    • Work

• Antivirus Installed

• Antivirus Version

• Describe the bug in detail:

• Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.

• Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
I'm using Chrome, the newest version (58.0.3029.83)
The bug only occurs on mobile (on the computer it works just fine)
I use an iPhone as I said with iOS 10.1.1
The bug occurs both at school (where I use LTE) and at home (where I use Wi-Fi)
I'm not sure whether the phone has any antivirus. If it does, I'm sorry, I don't know what it is.
As far as I can tell the bug occurs every time (I've tried it just now and it does the same thing).

@Headline
I've cleared my cache and it happened again.
It's not a major problem, though. I can access my computer and breed them from here. I just wanted to point it out in case someone else has it or you didn't know about it.

Thank you!

@Nightwind
I'm using Chrome, the newest version (58.0.3029.83)
The bug only occurs on mobile (on the computer it works just fine)
I use an iPhone as I said with iOS 10.1.1
The bug occurs both at school (where I use LTE) and at home (where I use Wi-Fi)
I'm not sure whether the phone has any antivirus. If it does, I'm sorry, I don't know what it is.
As far as I can tell the bug occurs every time (I've tried it just now and it does the same thing).

@Headline
I've cleared my cache and it happened again.
It's not a major problem, though. I can access my computer and breed them from here. I just wanted to point it out in case someone else has it or you didn't know about it.

Thank you!

@AnneSthysya

In that case it's something specific to Apple phones. I tried on mine with a couple different updates (since I needed to do that anyway) and the dropdowns are still broken. "Clearing" yourself from the dropdowns by attempting to copy an image on that page still works so until it gets fixed that's a workaround.

I'm sorry there's no better news.
@AnneSthysya

In that case it's something specific to Apple phones. I tried on mine with a couple different updates (since I needed to do that anyway) and the dropdowns are still broken. "Clearing" yourself from the dropdowns by attempting to copy an image on that page still works so until it gets fixed that's a workaround.

I'm sorry there's no better news.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?