Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color change item
1 2
Perhaps you could add three specialty items in the gem store. These items hive you the ability to change the color of the primary, secondary, or tertiary gene only once
Perhaps you could add three specialty items in the gem store. These items hive you the ability to change the color of the primary, secondary, or tertiary gene only once
By change do you mean individual scatter scrolls or actually being able to select a color? Either way I'd rather not see this added. Being able to choose a specified color would remove all challenge out of breeding from the game; even if it scattered the selected slot (primary, secondary, tertiary) it would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just choose or scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.

Also such a scroll would very likely have a negative impact on the dragon economy. Currently color is king and it is about the only thing other than new genes/breeds that sell. Instead of breeding for three nice colors, if you were able to change the one clashy color, you can start popping out hatchlings with those nice colors much quicker resulting in a drop in price of good color dragons due to oversaturation. (Refer what has happened to the triple market for example; they used to sell for a lot more than they do now)

Limiting a single color scatter scroll to one use is better than previous suggestions I've seen but seems a bit strange since no other scroll has such a limit. In addition such a scroll would require scattered dragons to be marked and:or made ineligible for sale to prevent players from buying a dragon they couldn't use such a scroll on unknowingly. If it reset upon being sold players could just exchange dragons with a friend and reapply the scroll thus getting around the restriction.

If a single scatter scroll was added it should be at least three times the cost of the tri color scatter scroll
By change do you mean individual scatter scrolls or actually being able to select a color? Either way I'd rather not see this added. Being able to choose a specified color would remove all challenge out of breeding from the game; even if it scattered the selected slot (primary, secondary, tertiary) it would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just choose or scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.

Also such a scroll would very likely have a negative impact on the dragon economy. Currently color is king and it is about the only thing other than new genes/breeds that sell. Instead of breeding for three nice colors, if you were able to change the one clashy color, you can start popping out hatchlings with those nice colors much quicker resulting in a drop in price of good color dragons due to oversaturation. (Refer what has happened to the triple market for example; they used to sell for a lot more than they do now)

Limiting a single color scatter scroll to one use is better than previous suggestions I've seen but seems a bit strange since no other scroll has such a limit. In addition such a scroll would require scattered dragons to be marked and:or made ineligible for sale to prevent players from buying a dragon they couldn't use such a scroll on unknowingly. If it reset upon being sold players could just exchange dragons with a friend and reapply the scroll thus getting around the restriction.

If a single scatter scroll was added it should be at least three times the cost of the tri color scatter scroll
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
This has been suggested before. And sadly, even by the little detail you've given, no support.

It's sort of the same way with people suggesting Gender change scrolls and singular scatter scrolls. It's too "overpowering".

If you're able to buy a scroll that enables you to change a dragons color hand-picked, then what would be the point of a scatterscroll? And what would happen to the people selling XXX Orca cry/face/glim, a rare combo, if people could easily make a dragon like that? It seems unfair.

If you want to change a dragon's colors, then tri-color scatterscrolls are your best bet.

If this item so happens to become reality, then it would have to be very, very expensive.
This has been suggested before. And sadly, even by the little detail you've given, no support.

It's sort of the same way with people suggesting Gender change scrolls and singular scatter scrolls. It's too "overpowering".

If you're able to buy a scroll that enables you to change a dragons color hand-picked, then what would be the point of a scatterscroll? And what would happen to the people selling XXX Orca cry/face/glim, a rare combo, if people could easily make a dragon like that? It seems unfair.

If you want to change a dragon's colors, then tri-color scatterscrolls are your best bet.

If this item so happens to become reality, then it would have to be very, very expensive.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
Ah, ok. That makes sense. Should I just delete this topic then?
Ah, ok. That makes sense. Should I just delete this topic then?
It's up to you, really. I deleted mine when it got no support, but that's just me.

(Ps: I really like your Avetar dragon :D )
It's up to you, really. I deleted mine when it got no support, but that's just me.

(Ps: I really like your Avetar dragon :D )
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
I was thinking about this, and changing to ANY color would def be an issue, but what if you could only change it a little? Move it to one of the colors next to it on the color wheel, maybe?
I was thinking about this, and changing to ANY color would def be an issue, but what if you could only change it a little? Move it to one of the colors next to it on the color wheel, maybe?
Delicious and piping hot in only three microwave minutes!
@Mengerr

The problem with that is, being able to pick one color to change and being able to especially pick which color (even moving it one color at a time it could still be picked out) defeats the purpose of breeding dragons. (at least to me)

Why should I embark on a months or years long breeding project to get certain colors with certain genes in certain breeds when I can just max out the fairgrounds, sell all my hatchlings for exalt fodder and be able to essentially buy a dragon and pick the colors I want on him/her. I would most likely be able to take one month in total to get my 'dream' dragon when before I was potentially looking at months or a year.

IE: Say I decided I wanted a Sapphire/Watermelon/Sapphire NOcturne Male (just scryed it and I don't know if i would want it or not... Sapphire is so dark) Since I want specific colors and breed/sex, if there aren't any already on site (didn't look) I would have to either start breeding for the colors on any dragon, hoping to get a nocturne scroll or be able to breed them to a nocturne breed (and get a male) or start breeding nocturnes to get the desired colors and hope the final product gives me a male.

With the scroll I could take one nocturne male dragon with blue range primary and tertiary and pink range secondary and just start changing the color one by one. This would probably be a huge money saver because I wouldn't need to buy a nocturne scroll nor dragons to help with the project (and since we can convert gems to treasure and back through the item sales forum, even having it a gem scroll doesn't necessarily negate this) and a huge time saver, meaning I might get bored sooner as I already got the dragon I was after.
@Mengerr

The problem with that is, being able to pick one color to change and being able to especially pick which color (even moving it one color at a time it could still be picked out) defeats the purpose of breeding dragons. (at least to me)

Why should I embark on a months or years long breeding project to get certain colors with certain genes in certain breeds when I can just max out the fairgrounds, sell all my hatchlings for exalt fodder and be able to essentially buy a dragon and pick the colors I want on him/her. I would most likely be able to take one month in total to get my 'dream' dragon when before I was potentially looking at months or a year.

IE: Say I decided I wanted a Sapphire/Watermelon/Sapphire NOcturne Male (just scryed it and I don't know if i would want it or not... Sapphire is so dark) Since I want specific colors and breed/sex, if there aren't any already on site (didn't look) I would have to either start breeding for the colors on any dragon, hoping to get a nocturne scroll or be able to breed them to a nocturne breed (and get a male) or start breeding nocturnes to get the desired colors and hope the final product gives me a male.

With the scroll I could take one nocturne male dragon with blue range primary and tertiary and pink range secondary and just start changing the color one by one. This would probably be a huge money saver because I wouldn't need to buy a nocturne scroll nor dragons to help with the project (and since we can convert gems to treasure and back through the item sales forum, even having it a gem scroll doesn't necessarily negate this) and a huge time saver, meaning I might get bored sooner as I already got the dragon I was after.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Mengerr @Jemadar I do think that it is the closest suggestions of this kind have gotten to not being completely overpowered, but let me just add onto it: -the scroll can only be used once like the OP stated in their suggestion: [quote name="AeroVarien" date=2016-11-20 11:31:57] Perhaps you could add three specialty items in the gem store. These items hive you the ability to change the color of the primary, secondary, or tertiary gene [B]only once[/b] [/quote] -It will randomly move one color up or down -more expensive than scatterscroll that'd probably the closest one could get to a 1-color scatterscroll.
@Mengerr
@Jemadar

I do think that it is the closest suggestions of this kind have gotten to not being completely overpowered, but let me just add onto it:

-the scroll can only be used once like the OP stated in their suggestion:
AeroVarien wrote on 2016-11-20:
-It will randomly move one color up or down
-more expensive than scatterscroll

that'd probably the closest one could get to a 1-color scatterscroll.
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
@Ichamo

The only problem is unless it randomly chose which color to change, moving it up or down, unless it is only once per dragon for that dragon's lifetime, it is still overpowered.

Unfortunately, if it were done that a dragon could be single color scattered only once in their lifetime then that is a HUGE problem. Imagine finding a dragon that is one off of the color you want, you buy it, buy the scroll, only to find out it already had a scroll applied to that color.

Allowing the dragon to 'reset' if the dragon is sold/traded creates a huge loophole where people could scatter a dragon near infinite times just by transferring it to a friend's account and back.

Unfortunately the only single color scatter scroll I have seen that isn't too overpowered is really one where it randomly chooses which color to scatter. (Unless that is what you meant by your second point, that it randomly chooses the color to change)
@Ichamo

The only problem is unless it randomly chose which color to change, moving it up or down, unless it is only once per dragon for that dragon's lifetime, it is still overpowered.

Unfortunately, if it were done that a dragon could be single color scattered only once in their lifetime then that is a HUGE problem. Imagine finding a dragon that is one off of the color you want, you buy it, buy the scroll, only to find out it already had a scroll applied to that color.

Allowing the dragon to 'reset' if the dragon is sold/traded creates a huge loophole where people could scatter a dragon near infinite times just by transferring it to a friend's account and back.

Unfortunately the only single color scatter scroll I have seen that isn't too overpowered is really one where it randomly chooses which color to scatter. (Unless that is what you meant by your second point, that it randomly chooses the color to change)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

My second point does refer to both: it randomly picks from prim/sec/tert and moves that color either 1 up or 1 down (no picking whatsoever)
@Jemadar

My second point does refer to both: it randomly picks from prim/sec/tert and moves that color either 1 up or 1 down (no picking whatsoever)
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
1 2