Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello, everybody !
Hello, world...

I've been here for some weeks now but I never introduced myself, so let's remedy this unpardonable omission. :)

I am a french teacher of philosophy (nobody's perfect), so please forgive my linguistic and orthographic errors. I used to be fluent, but that was quite a long time ago. :)

I love dragons. Dragons in fantasy books, dragons in mythology, even real dragons. I had a couple of pogonas but alas, they died last month after twelve years of good life in a huge terrarium. I always have a red iguana. My personal den is full of images and figurines of dragons... So guess what : I love Flight Rising. :)

I turned up here half by chance, half because I read something on Facebook. And I needed a change, and a means of relaxation : my husband died at fifty, just before christmas, from a sudden-onset cancer, so... well, the rest goes without saying.

I don't play to be the best but to have fun, especially when I have offsprings. I give them to my friends without trying to earn money, and I love presents too. My preference lies with coatl, spiral, nocturne and guardian dragons, but I love them all.

In real life, I love animals and in addition to the reptiles, I've got a dog, six cats, two parrots (a grey and a maracana ara), gerbils, a horse, donkeys, doves, rabbits, lots of amazonian and Tanganyika fishes, and soon a chocolate chinchilla. Yes, I live in a big house with a lot of land, not in a flat on the tenth floor. :D

Hope I didn't bother you with my schmooze. Cheers from France.

Nath (aka Eilathan).
Hello, world...

I've been here for some weeks now but I never introduced myself, so let's remedy this unpardonable omission. :)

I am a french teacher of philosophy (nobody's perfect), so please forgive my linguistic and orthographic errors. I used to be fluent, but that was quite a long time ago. :)

I love dragons. Dragons in fantasy books, dragons in mythology, even real dragons. I had a couple of pogonas but alas, they died last month after twelve years of good life in a huge terrarium. I always have a red iguana. My personal den is full of images and figurines of dragons... So guess what : I love Flight Rising. :)

I turned up here half by chance, half because I read something on Facebook. And I needed a change, and a means of relaxation : my husband died at fifty, just before christmas, from a sudden-onset cancer, so... well, the rest goes without saying.

I don't play to be the best but to have fun, especially when I have offsprings. I give them to my friends without trying to earn money, and I love presents too. My preference lies with coatl, spiral, nocturne and guardian dragons, but I love them all.

In real life, I love animals and in addition to the reptiles, I've got a dog, six cats, two parrots (a grey and a maracana ara), gerbils, a horse, donkeys, doves, rabbits, lots of amazonian and Tanganyika fishes, and soon a chocolate chinchilla. Yes, I live in a big house with a lot of land, not in a flat on the tenth floor. :D

Hope I didn't bother you with my schmooze. Cheers from France.

Nath (aka Eilathan).
@Eilathan
Hi!

Welcome to FR. :) I think we have similar philosophies when it comes to this game - I'm also here to just relax and casually hang out and get away from the real world a bit. In this respect, it has been pretty great, I've been here for about a year now (joined last December) and I've mostly kept to myself and just worked on some game goals slowly...

Otherwise, we might be pretty different! I'm in the U.S. and I am a student in (graduate) school studying mathematics. I live in a really small apartment (rent is expensive here, the living stipend the school gives is not so great) with one apartment mate and no animals (alas, pet-free building). I also love dragons and fantasy but I've been on a non-fiction memoir reading bend as of late. And I took French for 3 years in high school but my French is not nearly as good as your English. I'm sorry about your husband and your pogonas and I hope you have a good time here on FR. :)

Feel free to PM/whatnot if you want to chat more! I bet your job/life is super interesting and would love to hear more. :)
@Eilathan
Hi!

Welcome to FR. :) I think we have similar philosophies when it comes to this game - I'm also here to just relax and casually hang out and get away from the real world a bit. In this respect, it has been pretty great, I've been here for about a year now (joined last December) and I've mostly kept to myself and just worked on some game goals slowly...

Otherwise, we might be pretty different! I'm in the U.S. and I am a student in (graduate) school studying mathematics. I live in a really small apartment (rent is expensive here, the living stipend the school gives is not so great) with one apartment mate and no animals (alas, pet-free building). I also love dragons and fantasy but I've been on a non-fiction memoir reading bend as of late. And I took French for 3 years in high school but my French is not nearly as good as your English. I'm sorry about your husband and your pogonas and I hope you have a good time here on FR. :)

Feel free to PM/whatnot if you want to chat more! I bet your job/life is super interesting and would love to hear more. :)
@Eilathan

Nice to meet you! Welcome to FR!!!!
@Eilathan

Nice to meet you! Welcome to FR!!!!
Frankenstein3.jpg
[quote name="manysundays" date=2016-11-20 12:09:39] Otherwise, we might be pretty different! I'm in the U.S. and I am a student in (graduate) school studying mathematics. [/quote] Hey, not so different, in fact : I studied mathematics and formal logics in my young times - that was a long time ago in another galax... ooops, sorry, just a long time ago. My specialty area is apistemology, philosophy of science, and I still read [i]Nature[/i] today without too many difficulties. :)
manysundays wrote on 2016-11-20:

Otherwise, we might be pretty different! I'm in the U.S. and I am a student in (graduate) school studying mathematics.

Hey, not so different, in fact : I studied mathematics and formal logics in my young times - that was a long time ago in another galax... ooops, sorry, just a long time ago. My specialty area is apistemology, philosophy of science, and I still read Nature today without too many difficulties. :)