Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pet site ideas?
1 2
I'm a web developer and I am entertaining the idea of coding a pet site as a side project to try new things. It obviously wouldn't be done any time soon but I'm curious what features people would like to see/ what kind of pets etc.

Thanks for any input! c:

I'm a web developer and I am entertaining the idea of coding a pet site as a side project to try new things. It obviously wouldn't be done any time soon but I'm curious what features people would like to see/ what kind of pets etc.

Thanks for any input! c:

tRFI5MD.png
@Atlas

I would love to see a game that has a bunch of mythical creatures! Like gryphons, manticores, hippogryphs, chimeras, etc. Or maybe ancient mammals? Sabertooth tigers, dire wolves, stuff like that.

As for features, I love anything that goes deep into a breeding sim, like where you can have mutations and variations. It would be super cool if variations could be created by users, kind of like in real life. :D Like if you breed a spotted and striped cat together, it had a chance of being both? Something like that. Then you can breed them with another like that and get a whole line of cats with similar markings! It creates a random/mystery element to breeding that I think would keep players interested. (:
@Atlas

I would love to see a game that has a bunch of mythical creatures! Like gryphons, manticores, hippogryphs, chimeras, etc. Or maybe ancient mammals? Sabertooth tigers, dire wolves, stuff like that.

As for features, I love anything that goes deep into a breeding sim, like where you can have mutations and variations. It would be super cool if variations could be created by users, kind of like in real life. :D Like if you breed a spotted and striped cat together, it had a chance of being both? Something like that. Then you can breed them with another like that and get a whole line of cats with similar markings! It creates a random/mystery element to breeding that I think would keep players interested. (:
R5vHM6H.png
Bug-themed (and similar animals, like spiders and slugs).

Or a petsite all about breeding snakes!
Bug-themed (and similar animals, like spiders and slugs).

Or a petsite all about breeding snakes!
My writing project.
Id absolutley love an underwater/sea creatures themed petsite!

I really like the forums and breeding aspect of petsites, as well as like a coli type game where I can earn food and items through battle.
Id absolutley love an underwater/sea creatures themed petsite!

I really like the forums and breeding aspect of petsites, as well as like a coli type game where I can earn food and items through battle.
item_nickel_cat_figurine_by_dogi_crimson-dag62cy.gif She/her | 18 | Sen | tumblr_inline_p3wmbtNyAz1tc3swm_540.png
+3 h fr time / EST
247ugEj.png6zoIdID.png
I would love a pet site that has more direct interactions with the pets!
I would love a pet site that has more direct interactions with the pets!
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif
I like fantasy-themed stuff! Eg: Underwater cities, steampunk and magic.
I like fantasy-themed stuff! Eg: Underwater cities, steampunk and magic.
plusle.gif
I want genetics to be more of a thing. Like, being able to pull traits from grandparents, that sort of thing. Something beyond just breed and color. New traits could be discovered through mutations. I love breeding my dragons but it's pretty simple/rudimentary.
I want genetics to be more of a thing. Like, being able to pull traits from grandparents, that sort of thing. Something beyond just breed and color. New traits could be discovered through mutations. I love breeding my dragons but it's pretty simple/rudimentary.
0qjbKvG.png (c) Osayio
My ideal petsite is one with lots of robots. But also a world you can REALLY explore. Like, even if its just HTML, clicking around to explore paths and things to find items/npcs just sounds really fun, and I'm not sure why I've never seen it before?
My ideal petsite is one with lots of robots. But also a world you can REALLY explore. Like, even if its just HTML, clicking around to explore paths and things to find items/npcs just sounds really fun, and I'm not sure why I've never seen it before?
tumblr_inline_pmf37gMClk1ts7vpv_400.gifits grandad
[quote name="GRANDAD" date=2016-07-02 05:50:03] My ideal petsite is one with lots of robots. But also a world you can REALLY explore. Like, even if its just HTML, clicking around to explore paths and things to find items/npcs just sounds really fun, and I'm not sure why I've never seen it before? [/quote] +1 A more interesting way to do this would also be to randomize some things, meaning exploring isn't a one time thing.
GRANDAD wrote on 2016-07-02:
+1

A more interesting way to do this would also be to randomize some things, meaning exploring isn't a one time thing.
My writing project.
Betta fish! Add different colors, tail types, qualities, genders, personalities! Like a fishy breeding sim!
Betta fish! Add different colors, tail types, qualities, genders, personalities! Like a fishy breeding sim!
check out:
fishainsley.art
thanks love you
1 2