Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pokemon Gijinka Cosplay Question
I'm making a gijinka pokemon cosplay with my sister and were a little worried if they were recognizable enough. So here's the picture of our concept if you could let me know what Pokemon you think they are that would be supper help full. [img]http://i.imgur.com/9ews9VX.jpg[/img] *Spoilers* they are [color=#ffffff ]Lugia and Ho-ho[/color]
I'm making a gijinka pokemon cosplay with my sister and were a little worried if they were recognizable enough.
So here's the picture of our concept if you could let me know what Pokemon you think they are that would be supper help full.

9ews9VX.jpg

*Spoilers* they are Lugia and Ho-ho
@Atazir
They look like lugia and ho-ho to me.
@Atazir
They look like lugia and ho-ho to me.
P5MyLHe.png -She/Her
+3 FR time
-ENTJ-A
-Art Shop
Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.
WxjbFq8.png
@Lup Exxxxxcelent we were pretty sure but still hesitent
@Lup Exxxxxcelent we were pretty sure but still hesitent
bump?
bump?
@Atazir

Oh boy, these are excellent designs!!
They're recognizable as lugia and ho-oh for sure, but geeze they're so kickass..... It looks so natural and gosh I have such a softspot for designs like this ;v;
@Atazir

Oh boy, these are excellent designs!!
They're recognizable as lugia and ho-oh for sure, but geeze they're so kickass..... It looks so natural and gosh I have such a softspot for designs like this ;v;
@Atazir you almost made me doubt with the right for a second but I'd totally say it's lugia and ho-oh
They will surely pretty awesome cosplay if you can do them that way ovob in my life I have only seen two persons cosplaying those two and the result was so beautiful - I'm sure those will be too ovo;
@Atazir you almost made me doubt with the right for a second but I'd totally say it's lugia and ho-oh
They will surely pretty awesome cosplay if you can do them that way ovob in my life I have only seen two persons cosplaying those two and the result was so beautiful - I'm sure those will be too ovo;
lHELhsr.png ....
They/them | FR+9 | Adult
Open commissions & portfolio
Remember to drink water and rest!
FR Adopt shop (All breeds available!)
@Rosolite thank you so much i ma super proud o them =^v^=
I love this type of cosplay too thats why I made them I'm so glad you recognize them.
@Rosolite thank you so much i ma super proud o them =^v^=
I love this type of cosplay too thats why I made them I'm so glad you recognize them.
@Atazir
The white-and-blue one is obviously Lugia. The one in warm colors could be either Ho-oh or Delphox.
@Atazir
The white-and-blue one is obviously Lugia. The one in warm colors could be either Ho-oh or Delphox.
LEAVING FR SALE!
discounted apparel, familiars, accents, skins, etc.
tumblr_inline_p7gjnb6y4c1rhwzwl_250.gif
The designs are very recognizable but I do have a few critics or notes about each one

Lugia'
'The purple flaps on the back are slightly off as Lugia seems to have 5-4 flaps on the back on each side and one on the tail, not 3 on the back and 1 on the tail

' The tips on the top are a nice idea but a suggestion that may look even batter is to have dark purple eye make-up that shifts into the wig where the points are, so the purple would continue from face to wig seamlessly. Sharpie can be your best friend or some wig wefts.

' The sleeves seem a little too thin, Lugia is almost known for its large wing/arm things, so a flared sleeves may be a better choice? Also maybe some white gloves at the end?

' just from a nitpicky standpoint, put the braid on the other side if you can. If you plan to have an off shoulder coat (IDK if that's what you're doing on the front side or not) place the braid on the unsleeved arm to keep a balance between each side.

' add a small bit of length to the tail bit, to distinguish it as it just fades into the rest of the coat

Ho-oh'

' For the most part, I really like this design, but I would be careful about how you do the skirt on the slightly see through part as I feel that it may become unmanageable or not flattering if not done right.

' Use white leggings or a white skirt and add a bit of red to the top. The design of Ho-oh looks more like the shoulders to bust are red and the lower half is all white but the white part for the bottom get lost and that is where it disconnects the relation of gjinka to pokemon.

Feel free to take my suggestions or not but they are good designs and I wish you luck.
The designs are very recognizable but I do have a few critics or notes about each one

Lugia'
'The purple flaps on the back are slightly off as Lugia seems to have 5-4 flaps on the back on each side and one on the tail, not 3 on the back and 1 on the tail

' The tips on the top are a nice idea but a suggestion that may look even batter is to have dark purple eye make-up that shifts into the wig where the points are, so the purple would continue from face to wig seamlessly. Sharpie can be your best friend or some wig wefts.

' The sleeves seem a little too thin, Lugia is almost known for its large wing/arm things, so a flared sleeves may be a better choice? Also maybe some white gloves at the end?

' just from a nitpicky standpoint, put the braid on the other side if you can. If you plan to have an off shoulder coat (IDK if that's what you're doing on the front side or not) place the braid on the unsleeved arm to keep a balance between each side.

' add a small bit of length to the tail bit, to distinguish it as it just fades into the rest of the coat

Ho-oh'

' For the most part, I really like this design, but I would be careful about how you do the skirt on the slightly see through part as I feel that it may become unmanageable or not flattering if not done right.

' Use white leggings or a white skirt and add a bit of red to the top. The design of Ho-oh looks more like the shoulders to bust are red and the lower half is all white but the white part for the bottom get lost and that is where it disconnects the relation of gjinka to pokemon.

Feel free to take my suggestions or not but they are good designs and I wish you luck.
@KyrenRose thank you so much for your critiques (not joking)I didn't even notice the number of flaps thing and will fix that for the costume!
I tried to talk her into the makeup mask look but she is not a fan doe the "ear flaps/ horns" are a compromise.
the coat is off on one shoulder to illustrate to my sister (who will be wearing that costume) the of shoulder option. I personally agree with you about the bigger sleeves I originally designed the outfit to be looser with much longer sleeves but my sister decide she preferred a more streamlined trench coat look.
the braid on the shoulder is just to show how I thought styling the wig would look cool.

For the Ho-ho skirt I agree that its is going to be a bit challenging
I now in retrospect see what you mean about the gold skirt the under skirt is white but mostly gets lost was considering putting a slit in the front making that anime fan skirt thing.
the legs are back because ho-ho's legs are black. .

@KyrenRose thank you so much for your critiques (not joking)I didn't even notice the number of flaps thing and will fix that for the costume!
I tried to talk her into the makeup mask look but she is not a fan doe the "ear flaps/ horns" are a compromise.
the coat is off on one shoulder to illustrate to my sister (who will be wearing that costume) the of shoulder option. I personally agree with you about the bigger sleeves I originally designed the outfit to be looser with much longer sleeves but my sister decide she preferred a more streamlined trench coat look.
the braid on the shoulder is just to show how I thought styling the wig would look cool.

For the Ho-ho skirt I agree that its is going to be a bit challenging
I now in retrospect see what you mean about the gold skirt the under skirt is white but mostly gets lost was considering putting a slit in the front making that anime fan skirt thing.
the legs are back because ho-ho's legs are black. .