Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Fairgrounds] Bug catching with Fae
Hi everyone!

I was wondering how you all feel about a new game where you catch bugs for treasure. You play as a Fae dragon and have to move to catch bugs while avoiding crashing into obstacles or enemy objects. There are a few game models this can done be in.

"The catch falling objects while avoiding others game". This game style is a classic. The goal is to avoid things like falling rocks and spikey damage causing things while collecting as many bugs as you can for treasure. The Fae you control can't jump or fly for this game.

"Shoot em up scroller". Another classic. Your Fae is able to move in four directions (or two to keep it simple) over a scrolling scene. Avoid crashing and baddies as you shoot and collect bugs for treasure. More involved than the above.

"free flight platformer". This one has you controlling a free flying Fae that can hover and move in any direction. You have a limited time to collect a certain number of bugs before the clock expires. You have more freedom to explore here and the rooms can get quite big! You do have to avoid health reducing elements though in addition to the limit. For this mode, your Fae can be controlled by touching one of 8 corners of the screen or anywhere along the border. Some bugs takes unlocking doors or solving mini puzzles to clear. The more bold of all three. But potentially the most enjoyable.

So what do you guys think? (and my apologies if this was proposed before)
Hi everyone!

I was wondering how you all feel about a new game where you catch bugs for treasure. You play as a Fae dragon and have to move to catch bugs while avoiding crashing into obstacles or enemy objects. There are a few game models this can done be in.

"The catch falling objects while avoiding others game". This game style is a classic. The goal is to avoid things like falling rocks and spikey damage causing things while collecting as many bugs as you can for treasure. The Fae you control can't jump or fly for this game.

"Shoot em up scroller". Another classic. Your Fae is able to move in four directions (or two to keep it simple) over a scrolling scene. Avoid crashing and baddies as you shoot and collect bugs for treasure. More involved than the above.

"free flight platformer". This one has you controlling a free flying Fae that can hover and move in any direction. You have a limited time to collect a certain number of bugs before the clock expires. You have more freedom to explore here and the rooms can get quite big! You do have to avoid health reducing elements though in addition to the limit. For this mode, your Fae can be controlled by touching one of 8 corners of the screen or anywhere along the border. Some bugs takes unlocking doors or solving mini puzzles to clear. The more bold of all three. But potentially the most enjoyable.

So what do you guys think? (and my apologies if this was proposed before)
All of those sound like fun! Support! I feel like you could have both the first and third one as seperate games, and they don't both have to be faes (though one of them as a fae is adorable)

The falling objects one reminds me of that lilo and stitch game where you played as stitch's sandwich eating cousin
All of those sound like fun! Support! I feel like you could have both the first and third one as seperate games, and they don't both have to be faes (though one of them as a fae is adorable)

The falling objects one reminds me of that lilo and stitch game where you played as stitch's sandwich eating cousin
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
Support, I don't really see much of an issue this would cause other than some extra work for the admins, but isn't that something that happens with every update anyways? [:
Support, I don't really see much of an issue this would cause other than some extra work for the admins, but isn't that something that happens with every update anyways? [:
rSvYfKQ.png
I think this would be a fun game that plays to the sites world building! tons of support!
I think this would be a fun game that plays to the sites world building! tons of support!
zdkBiZa.png
I like the idea of these games, but the fae in the first idea not being able to fly would need some sort of explanation. Perhaps it's carrying too many items to fly more than a certain distance (which decreases with levels, so that the game gets more challenging as it progresses)? Otherwise, all three ideas sound like fun. My favourite would probably be the scroller, though I'd hope it'd be vertical scroll not horizontal just because I get a touch seasick from horizontal scrolling action. (Though I'm sure the opposite is true of others and whatnot.)
I like the idea of these games, but the fae in the first idea not being able to fly would need some sort of explanation. Perhaps it's carrying too many items to fly more than a certain distance (which decreases with levels, so that the game gets more challenging as it progresses)? Otherwise, all three ideas sound like fun. My favourite would probably be the scroller, though I'd hope it'd be vertical scroll not horizontal just because I get a touch seasick from horizontal scrolling action. (Though I'm sure the opposite is true of others and whatnot.)

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
The only thing with a scroller is how would one shoot on a tablet or phone. I think it could be auto-fire for touch screen users. So all you have to do is just maneuver well.

The first one with the Fae not flying could be that its considered cheating for that game. There can be lots of dragon games where one of the rules is simply "no flying". Cause maybe it is too easy as a result.

There could be other game models too that may work better. These are just what I thought at the moment. I was actyally imagining the old SNES donkey kong aquatic levels when I thought of the "free flight mode" for the Fae's. Glad you guys liked these :) I have another one I will post later based on another type of game.
The only thing with a scroller is how would one shoot on a tablet or phone. I think it could be auto-fire for touch screen users. So all you have to do is just maneuver well.

The first one with the Fae not flying could be that its considered cheating for that game. There can be lots of dragon games where one of the rules is simply "no flying". Cause maybe it is too easy as a result.

There could be other game models too that may work better. These are just what I thought at the moment. I was actyally imagining the old SNES donkey kong aquatic levels when I thought of the "free flight mode" for the Fae's. Glad you guys liked these :) I have another one I will post later based on another type of game.