Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop having starving dragons show up
You know the Random dragon display on the front page.

I can't stress enough how annoying it is to see a cool dragon show up, so you go to check it out(looking to send the owner a message, maybe hoping to purchase such from them), just to find it starving(in other words, owned by someone who is inactive).
You know the Random dragon display on the front page.

I can't stress enough how annoying it is to see a cool dragon show up, so you go to check it out(looking to send the owner a message, maybe hoping to purchase such from them), just to find it starving(in other words, owned by someone who is inactive).
Sorry, no support, I want to see ALL dragons on the site (I wouldn't even mind if exalted showed up, but I can see why they wouldn't do that)

I like getting an idea of colors and genes, combinations I would have NEVER have thought would have worked without seeing it. Plus, it can be interesting to see the older abandoned accounts and seeing what those people thought was important or pretty or whatever
Sorry, no support, I want to see ALL dragons on the site (I wouldn't even mind if exalted showed up, but I can see why they wouldn't do that)

I like getting an idea of colors and genes, combinations I would have NEVER have thought would have worked without seeing it. Plus, it can be interesting to see the older abandoned accounts and seeing what those people thought was important or pretty or whatever

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Plus, energy isn't a good indication whether an account is active or not. I have heard of people who starve their dragons for lore, only want certain ones fed so they only keep that food in their lair. My sister's dragons recently started starving because she was busy in real life, she wasn't inactive, just not bothering to feed them. (couldn't get my internet to let the edited post go through...)
Plus, energy isn't a good indication whether an account is active or not. I have heard of people who starve their dragons for lore, only want certain ones fed so they only keep that food in their lair. My sister's dragons recently started starving because she was busy in real life, she wasn't inactive, just not bothering to feed them. (couldn't get my internet to let the edited post go through...)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
It's a random dragon, not a random well fed dragon or a random for-sale dragon. Its hunger is only visible from its page and I don't think "it annoys me personally" merits changing it.

I enjoy inclusion of all dragons for the reasons Jemadar said above- discluding hungry dragons would be discluding tons of dragons- and almost all old ones. I enjoy seeing old dragons pop up, like "huh, that's a gen one imperial, cool"

It's a random dragon, not a random well fed dragon or a random for-sale dragon. Its hunger is only visible from its page and I don't think "it annoys me personally" merits changing it.

I enjoy inclusion of all dragons for the reasons Jemadar said above- discluding hungry dragons would be discluding tons of dragons- and almost all old ones. I enjoy seeing old dragons pop up, like "huh, that's a gen one imperial, cool"

[quote name="Jemadar" date=2016-02-23 19:24:06] Plus, energy isn't a good indication whether an account is active or not. I have heard of people who starve their dragons for lore, only want certain ones fed so they only keep that food in their lair. My sister's dragons recently started starving because she was busy in real life, she wasn't inactive, just not bothering to feed them. (couldn't get my internet to let the edited post go through...) [/quote] Speaking from a senior college student.. yeah, real life sucks, and I can't spend time getting food for my hoards of dragon. on the side note, if you are [quote name="Drago" date=2016-02-23 18:48:14] looking to send the owner a message, maybe hoping to purchase such from them [/quote] I would assume either A) You've checked their actual forum/profile activity B) You still tried sending them a message or C) You just decide the account's inactiveness based solely on un-fed dragon. Jemadar already said all that needs to be say *shrug*
Jemadar wrote on 2016-02-23:

Speaking from a senior college student.. yeah, real life sucks, and I can't spend time getting food for my hoards of dragon.

on the side note, if you are
Drago wrote on 2016-02-23:
looking to send the owner a message, maybe hoping to purchase such from them

I would assume either
A) You've checked their actual forum/profile activity
B) You still tried sending them a message
or C) You just decide the account's inactiveness based solely on un-fed dragon.

Jemadar already said all that needs to be say *shrug*
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
I can't support, sorry. I really like seeing all of the cool dragons, and a dragon doesn't need to be fed or even on an active account to be cool. I wouldn't even be opposed to seeing exalted dragons there, though I'm guessing they have those ousted for a reason.
I can't support, sorry. I really like seeing all of the cool dragons, and a dragon doesn't need to be fed or even on an active account to be cool. I wouldn't even be opposed to seeing exalted dragons there, though I'm guessing they have those ousted for a reason.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
The number of times I've actually clicked on the featured dragon could be counted on one hand. It's not, as chespin said, the 'random well fed dragon' or 'the random for sale' dragon. You don't even know it's hunger level unless you go looking, and unless you do in fact want to buy it, even then it doesn't affect you at all.

And you don't even know if they'd be willing to sell. If they WERE, then it's something you'd need to take up with them, if it bothers you that much. No support.
The number of times I've actually clicked on the featured dragon could be counted on one hand. It's not, as chespin said, the 'random well fed dragon' or 'the random for sale' dragon. You don't even know it's hunger level unless you go looking, and unless you do in fact want to buy it, even then it doesn't affect you at all.

And you don't even know if they'd be willing to sell. If they WERE, then it's something you'd need to take up with them, if it bothers you that much. No support.
knhLXgs.png
I can'T stress enough how annoying it would be to only see well fed dragons. Most of my project dragons came from looking at this feature and finding lovely dragons that were sooo unique I had no chance to buy that exact dragon. Imagine missing out on those lovelies just because you never see it because a small percentage of users are somehow bothered by 0 energy dragons.
I can'T stress enough how annoying it would be to only see well fed dragons. Most of my project dragons came from looking at this feature and finding lovely dragons that were sooo unique I had no chance to buy that exact dragon. Imagine missing out on those lovelies just because you never see it because a small percentage of users are somehow bothered by 0 energy dragons.
No support as the dragon spotlight chooses at random for what dragon is shown. If it chooses a starving dragon then it chooses a starving dragon. There's no need to fix what isn't broken. :)
No support as the dragon spotlight chooses at random for what dragon is shown. If it chooses a starving dragon then it chooses a starving dragon. There's no need to fix what isn't broken. :)
8vfZ9uw.png