Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Awakened Familiars
1 2 3
What do you guys do once your familiars are fully bonded with your dragons and you've received a gilded chest? Do you keep bonded with their dragon partner to get 50 treasure each day? Do you cycle them out for fresh familiars to start over?
What do you guys do once your familiars are fully bonded with your dragons and you've received a gilded chest? Do you keep bonded with their dragon partner to get 50 treasure each day? Do you cycle them out for fresh familiars to start over?
I always put my awakened familiars in my vault so they don't sit in my hoard because I have familiars in my hoard that aren't attached to dragons but they haven't been Awakened yet so I still bond them with my dragons everyday and if my Awakened familiars are in with the ones that haven't Awakened yet then it's just a huge mess and will take much longer each day for me to bond with all of my familiars.

@Umbrals
I always put my awakened familiars in my vault so they don't sit in my hoard because I have familiars in my hoard that aren't attached to dragons but they haven't been Awakened yet so I still bond them with my dragons everyday and if my Awakened familiars are in with the ones that haven't Awakened yet then it's just a huge mess and will take much longer each day for me to bond with all of my familiars.

@Umbrals
I throw them in the vault and at the moment only have unawakened familiars on my dragons. Once that gets to the point I have more dragons then unawakened familiars I will pull out the ones who for lore reasons are with a certain dragon. But till then they sit in vault lol
I throw them in the vault and at the moment only have unawakened familiars on my dragons. Once that gets to the point I have more dragons then unawakened familiars I will pull out the ones who for lore reasons are with a certain dragon. But till then they sit in vault lol
EG2ha59.png vo5QYDb.png
FR +3
*Wind Council
*Bamboo buying
lHdQ8WC.png
PC663dN.pngxfl16Sg.png
@Umbrals
I'm on a mission to own and awaken every familiar in the bestiary, so I like to cycle them out with fresh familiars in order to keep the awakening process going. And, I get more chests from them. When I complete my goal (if I ever do) I have specific familiars I plan on giving to each of my dragons.
Everyone has different feelings towards what should be done with familiars once they've awakened, some like to keep them for lore purposes. So there really isn't any specific thing to do with them, just whatever you want.
@Umbrals
I'm on a mission to own and awaken every familiar in the bestiary, so I like to cycle them out with fresh familiars in order to keep the awakening process going. And, I get more chests from them. When I complete my goal (if I ever do) I have specific familiars I plan on giving to each of my dragons.
Everyone has different feelings towards what should be done with familiars once they've awakened, some like to keep them for lore purposes. So there really isn't any specific thing to do with them, just whatever you want.
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
Depends. Sometimes I cycle them out and replace them with a new one, but often enough I simply keep them on the dragon because I have become so used to the pairing that seeing any other familiar on the dragon's page just feels weird. Sometimes the dragon's lore keeps me from changing the familiar, other times I just love how well the colors match and don't want to switch them out.
Depends. Sometimes I cycle them out and replace them with a new one, but often enough I simply keep them on the dragon because I have become so used to the pairing that seeing any other familiar on the dragon's page just feels weird. Sometimes the dragon's lore keeps me from changing the familiar, other times I just love how well the colors match and don't want to switch them out.
iIrk1Wj.png
I'm with @LilBlueSapling, I want to awaken and own every single familiar. I'm not hopeful towards this (specials like Boolean or Speedy would be almost impossible to acquire) but I'm getting there.

In the five days it takes a Familiar to go from Wary to Tentative, earning a Rusted Treasure Chest and a minimum of 500 t, an Awakened Familiar will have earned literally half that. It's far more beneficial to shelve them and move on.

Though admittedly that does feel a bit morbid.
I'm with @LilBlueSapling, I want to awaken and own every single familiar. I'm not hopeful towards this (specials like Boolean or Speedy would be almost impossible to acquire) but I'm getting there.

In the five days it takes a Familiar to go from Wary to Tentative, earning a Rusted Treasure Chest and a minimum of 500 t, an Awakened Familiar will have earned literally half that. It's far more beneficial to shelve them and move on.

Though admittedly that does feel a bit morbid.
@Umbrals

When I'm extremely desperate for treasure, I claim from my awakened
Although in my hoard, I currently have 4 pages of familiars, which is a mess to keep up daily o.o
I just toss my awakened in the vault, currently collecting as many as possible
I make sure I keep at least 1 dupe, In case Crim ever decides to ask for the familiar
and the other dupes (depending who they are) I either sell or toss them in Baldwin's hands
@Umbrals

When I'm extremely desperate for treasure, I claim from my awakened
Although in my hoard, I currently have 4 pages of familiars, which is a mess to keep up daily o.o
I just toss my awakened in the vault, currently collecting as many as possible
I make sure I keep at least 1 dupe, In case Crim ever decides to ask for the familiar
and the other dupes (depending who they are) I either sell or toss them in Baldwin's hands
tumblr_inline_njviwmxG231qg2i5p.png
I cycle through all my familiars, awakened or not, each day. But if a familiar attached to a dragon awakens, I take it off that dragon, except lore-related or lookalike familiars. IDK why I do this, it's like only dragons with lore-related familiars are allowed to have awakened familiars with them?? I probably have almost enough awakened for every dragon to have one, tbh.
I cycle through all my familiars, awakened or not, each day. But if a familiar attached to a dragon awakens, I take it off that dragon, except lore-related or lookalike familiars. IDK why I do this, it's like only dragons with lore-related familiars are allowed to have awakened familiars with them?? I probably have almost enough awakened for every dragon to have one, tbh.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Usually, once my dragons have achieved perfect harmony with my familiars, said familiars are then locked in a desolate warehouse known as the Vault for the rest of eternity. This is clearly the best way to take advantage of the familiars' undying love, and is not in any way totally messed up.
Usually, once my dragons have achieved perfect harmony with my familiars, said familiars are then locked in a desolate warehouse known as the Vault for the rest of eternity. This is clearly the best way to take advantage of the familiars' undying love, and is not in any way totally messed up.
w2N3au9.png
I vault them. Once I start having fewer non-awakened familiars than dragons, I'll start doing permanent matches with my permadragons. Currently I don't change out for the Awakened ones because it would be a pain to keep track of. I don't know if I'll ever switch them out at that point. Five minutes to earn 8750 is pretty reasonable. Switching out all of them for a second cycle through would take far longer and probably wouldn't be worth it compared to other ways to earn funds. At that point I'll probably keep the more rare ones or ones that particularly appeal to me, sell the ones worth selling and melt the ones that aren't worth selling at Baldwin's.
I vault them. Once I start having fewer non-awakened familiars than dragons, I'll start doing permanent matches with my permadragons. Currently I don't change out for the Awakened ones because it would be a pain to keep track of. I don't know if I'll ever switch them out at that point. Five minutes to earn 8750 is pretty reasonable. Switching out all of them for a second cycle through would take far longer and probably wouldn't be worth it compared to other ways to earn funds. At that point I'll probably keep the more rare ones or ones that particularly appeal to me, sell the ones worth selling and melt the ones that aren't worth selling at Baldwin's.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 3