Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | So what I opened a contest?
Considering how inactive I've been, I may not, but what if? Would you join?
I'd say there would be an entrance fee of about 3kt, grand prize of 10kt, second of 5kt, third of 3kt, and everyone after that gets 1kt? I'm asking because if I did this, I wouldn't want to lose money because not enough people are joining. x'D

The theme would either go alone with the festival of the month, or I may give a song, a scene, or simple a feeling for you to depict. I would accept both digital and traditional art, and judge by (depending on the art) proportion, lighting, color scheme, how well the image shows the theme, attention to detail, etc.

If I made this and it became successful (maybe 10+ people joining every round) I might even get a panel of judges from the winners, and us judges would split the earnings.

Comments, questions, concerns?
Considering how inactive I've been, I may not, but what if? Would you join?
I'd say there would be an entrance fee of about 3kt, grand prize of 10kt, second of 5kt, third of 3kt, and everyone after that gets 1kt? I'm asking because if I did this, I wouldn't want to lose money because not enough people are joining. x'D

The theme would either go alone with the festival of the month, or I may give a song, a scene, or simple a feeling for you to depict. I would accept both digital and traditional art, and judge by (depending on the art) proportion, lighting, color scheme, how well the image shows the theme, attention to detail, etc.

If I made this and it became successful (maybe 10+ people joining every round) I might even get a panel of judges from the winners, and us judges would split the earnings.

Comments, questions, concerns?
PlagueFlag.gif It's a very, very mad world.
@Lunix I think the prizes need to be a bit better to have people join in. If a participant doesn't place, they're losing money and also putting in time and work to draw a picture for it (Time = money too). Holding a raffle to raise funds for prizes might be a good idea, but no matter what, if you host a contest, you will probably lose money. You can't just ask participants to pay for the winner's meager prize because nobody will want to join
Obtaining rare items like rare familiars, items, eggs, etc, or even having the prize be an awesome artist draw something for the winner(s) are all excellent prizes. But that takes time and money to obtain, so either way it will take a lot of work. But I know that I wouldn't pay to enter a contest where there's a big chance that I'll be losing money, and the risk is much better than the gain
If you weren't charging people to enter, then prizes like that are okay, but if you are charging, the prizes have to be really, really good.
@Lunix I think the prizes need to be a bit better to have people join in. If a participant doesn't place, they're losing money and also putting in time and work to draw a picture for it (Time = money too). Holding a raffle to raise funds for prizes might be a good idea, but no matter what, if you host a contest, you will probably lose money. You can't just ask participants to pay for the winner's meager prize because nobody will want to join
Obtaining rare items like rare familiars, items, eggs, etc, or even having the prize be an awesome artist draw something for the winner(s) are all excellent prizes. But that takes time and money to obtain, so either way it will take a lot of work. But I know that I wouldn't pay to enter a contest where there's a big chance that I'll be losing money, and the risk is much better than the gain
If you weren't charging people to enter, then prizes like that are okay, but if you are charging, the prizes have to be really, really good.
@Lunix I second what Winterelle said. If you're going to host a contest, you need much better prizes than that.
@Lunix I second what Winterelle said. If you're going to host a contest, you need much better prizes than that.
.gif2015_10_25_commission_nom_nom_worm.pngDvqFBqS.gif.gif.gif