Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Roller Coasters Man
1 2
Are really freaking awesome.

I finally got to go on Skyrush after some of my friends telling me how awesome it was. Anditwasoworththewait. I tried to hold my hand up the entire ride but around one of the banks my entire body jerked to the left and after that it was like, "okay maybe I'll hold onto the bars...".

Laff Track was actually really fun. I wasn't sure what to expect but I really liked it. But not the lines. Ugh, lines.

Everyone tell me about their favorite (or least favorite!) roller coaster!

edit: Just in case anyone is curious, these are at Herhsey Park.

Title edited by @Barbie in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.
Are really freaking awesome.

I finally got to go on Skyrush after some of my friends telling me how awesome it was. Anditwasoworththewait. I tried to hold my hand up the entire ride but around one of the banks my entire body jerked to the left and after that it was like, "okay maybe I'll hold onto the bars...".

Laff Track was actually really fun. I wasn't sure what to expect but I really liked it. But not the lines. Ugh, lines.

Everyone tell me about their favorite (or least favorite!) roller coaster!

edit: Just in case anyone is curious, these are at Herhsey Park.

Title edited by @Barbie in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.
light_banner.png
They seem like something I'd love, but I just can't. I went on the Legend at Holiday World in Indiana, and I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I was paralyzed by fear the whole time. @-@
They seem like something I'd love, but I just can't. I went on the Legend at Holiday World in Indiana, and I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I was paralyzed by fear the whole time. @-@
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
@OMGmusicals I LOVE Roller Coasters!! I live near Chicago so I've been to Six Flags Great America plenty of times and my fav ride there is Raging Bull. It's not one of the tallest coasters but it really is a RUSH. Superman is awesome too because it's like you're flying through the air, arms out in front - though it's uncomfortable when you're hanging like that for an extended period of time. xD

I have been to Cedar Point also and my fav ride there is obviously Millennium Force...I actually blacked out on the first drop, probably because I was on an extreme adrenaline rush and/or just plain terrified lmao!

@servval I do the whole arms in the air thing just because it's more of a thrill. To know the only thing holding me in is a belt/harness is just...idk, crazy. cx Plus it makes me feel weightless on the top of a drop, as the ride pulls me down.

Screaming is 'cause...scared xD;; to death

@KingAssassin reminded of you~
@OMGmusicals I LOVE Roller Coasters!! I live near Chicago so I've been to Six Flags Great America plenty of times and my fav ride there is Raging Bull. It's not one of the tallest coasters but it really is a RUSH. Superman is awesome too because it's like you're flying through the air, arms out in front - though it's uncomfortable when you're hanging like that for an extended period of time. xD

I have been to Cedar Point also and my fav ride there is obviously Millennium Force...I actually blacked out on the first drop, probably because I was on an extreme adrenaline rush and/or just plain terrified lmao!

@servval I do the whole arms in the air thing just because it's more of a thrill. To know the only thing holding me in is a belt/harness is just...idk, crazy. cx Plus it makes me feel weightless on the top of a drop, as the ride pulls me down.

Screaming is 'cause...scared xD;; to death

@KingAssassin reminded of you~
yzUX307.png
@OMGmusicals
We went to Kings Island in Ohio for Labor Day! We rode pretty much all of the roller coasters there in one day, it was an awesome but terrible idea. My favorites were either Banshee or Flight of Fear, I can't decide. Diamondback was awesome too, and we rode that one after dark. It was awesome because it was dark though. It would have been a good coaster during the day, but after dark it was awesome!

I've also been to Valleyfair in Minnesota, Cedar Point in Ohio, and Holiday World in Illinois. Holiday World is a surprisingly awesome place, but I haven't been there since before Thunderbird opened. The Voyage is a super awesome wooden coaster.

@servval
I scream because it's fun! Same with putting my arms in the air. It's not necessarily because I'm scared (especially after the first drop) but just because it's fun. On our trip to Kings Island, I nearly lost my voice from screaming.
@OMGmusicals
We went to Kings Island in Ohio for Labor Day! We rode pretty much all of the roller coasters there in one day, it was an awesome but terrible idea. My favorites were either Banshee or Flight of Fear, I can't decide. Diamondback was awesome too, and we rode that one after dark. It was awesome because it was dark though. It would have been a good coaster during the day, but after dark it was awesome!

I've also been to Valleyfair in Minnesota, Cedar Point in Ohio, and Holiday World in Illinois. Holiday World is a surprisingly awesome place, but I haven't been there since before Thunderbird opened. The Voyage is a super awesome wooden coaster.

@servval
I scream because it's fun! Same with putting my arms in the air. It's not necessarily because I'm scared (especially after the first drop) but just because it's fun. On our trip to Kings Island, I nearly lost my voice from screaming.
I love roller coasters! I live near Denver and the only major theme park is Elitch Gardens. As far as roller coasters go it's not very good. Our one big coaster is called The Mind Eraser and it's named such because your head is constantly getting hit against the head rest. It's not fun just painful.

But my mom and I go to Six Flags Magic Mountain once a year and it's the greatest. X2 is something else, the first time I went on it I couldn't remember anything about the ride. I also really like Apocalypse as my favorite wooden roller coaster. And honorable mention to Viper for always having really short lines but still being a solid ride.
I love roller coasters! I live near Denver and the only major theme park is Elitch Gardens. As far as roller coasters go it's not very good. Our one big coaster is called The Mind Eraser and it's named such because your head is constantly getting hit against the head rest. It's not fun just painful.

But my mom and I go to Six Flags Magic Mountain once a year and it's the greatest. X2 is something else, the first time I went on it I couldn't remember anything about the ride. I also really like Apocalypse as my favorite wooden roller coaster. And honorable mention to Viper for always having really short lines but still being a solid ride.
[quote name="Amazonite" date=2015-09-20 19:51:44] They seem like something I'd love, but I just can't. I went on the Legend at Holiday World in Indiana, and I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I was paralyzed by fear the whole time. @-@ [/quote] Did you try The Raven as well? It can be a bit tamer than The Legend. I love Holiday World's coasters, especially Raven. My heart really likes The Voyage (especially the first 3 drops and that one tunnel), but my head doesn't (it gives me headaches). Not sure what to make of Thunderbird since I rode it only once. But, it was so smooth! So weird going upside down again after years of only riding wooden coasters.
Amazonite wrote on 2015-09-20:

Did you try The Raven as well? It can be a bit tamer than The Legend.

I love Holiday World's coasters, especially Raven. My heart really likes The Voyage (especially the first 3 drops and that one tunnel), but my head doesn't (it gives me headaches). Not sure what to make of Thunderbird since I rode it only once. But, it was so smooth! So weird going upside down again after years of only riding wooden coasters.
S6bPlBX.png 0msFxti.png tKjKSPt.png
@servval
When I went to King's Dominion it was a Monday in late August so there practically no lines. I think I-305 had maybe at best a 5 minute wait. But yeah, that ride always gives me tunnel vision on the first drop. It's the only one to do it so far. And speaking of Volcano, the same thing happened to my friend. Her face was also priceless but we're cheap so we didn't buy the picture.

I put my hands up because it's fun. And it also gives them a weird sensation. Like, they feel like they're a million miles behind where they really are. Kind of. I don't think I can really describe it. The same thing happens to my feet on floorless roller coasters. I'm probably losing circulation in my extremities or something ha ha idk.

@Amazonite
What kind of roller coaster is that? A smaller wooden one is honestly probably better for a first roller coaster ride.

@Silvanuyx
How far is King's Island from Sandusky? My friends and I will be going to Cedar Point next year and if it's not too terribly far I think I can convince them to go.

Rides in the dark are the best! As Herhsey Park neared closing most people peaced out so my friends and I got on Lightning Racers again over and over. It was so cool though because along the tracks are lights. Like, christmas lights.

@Pheonyx
DUDE. Six Flags America also has a roller coaster called Mind Eraser. And it also just thrashes your head around. I hate it. Went on it once and decided never again.
@servval
When I went to King's Dominion it was a Monday in late August so there practically no lines. I think I-305 had maybe at best a 5 minute wait. But yeah, that ride always gives me tunnel vision on the first drop. It's the only one to do it so far. And speaking of Volcano, the same thing happened to my friend. Her face was also priceless but we're cheap so we didn't buy the picture.

I put my hands up because it's fun. And it also gives them a weird sensation. Like, they feel like they're a million miles behind where they really are. Kind of. I don't think I can really describe it. The same thing happens to my feet on floorless roller coasters. I'm probably losing circulation in my extremities or something ha ha idk.

@Amazonite
What kind of roller coaster is that? A smaller wooden one is honestly probably better for a first roller coaster ride.

@Silvanuyx
How far is King's Island from Sandusky? My friends and I will be going to Cedar Point next year and if it's not too terribly far I think I can convince them to go.

Rides in the dark are the best! As Herhsey Park neared closing most people peaced out so my friends and I got on Lightning Racers again over and over. It was so cool though because along the tracks are lights. Like, christmas lights.

@Pheonyx
DUDE. Six Flags America also has a roller coaster called Mind Eraser. And it also just thrashes your head around. I hate it. Went on it once and decided never again.
light_banner.png
I have never been on a roller coaster in my 20 years of life and I'm okay with that.

Well actually once, when I was about 5? It was a kiddie coaster and I screamed so loud they had to shut down the ride.
I have never been on a roller coaster in my 20 years of life and I'm okay with that.

Well actually once, when I was about 5? It was a kiddie coaster and I screamed so loud they had to shut down the ride.
dc83750d5f8736efdb2eab1c761c9f4c8394135c.png

booS p r i g g a n

booooThe results of hard work always seem like luck, but know you've earned every bit of your success.
hatchery coli services goals
I absolutely love roller coasters. It's been too long since I could afford to go to a theme park though. Last one was Alton Towers, and that was easily over five years ago.

I have to take a hard glasses case with me to theme parks, so I can take my glasses off and not worry about them breaking when I put my belongings on the exit side of the ride platform.
I absolutely love roller coasters. It's been too long since I could afford to go to a theme park though. Last one was Alton Towers, and that was easily over five years ago.

I have to take a hard glasses case with me to theme parks, so I can take my glasses off and not worry about them breaking when I put my belongings on the exit side of the ride platform.
FR+8 (UK)
Familiars wish list, Swipp Apparel list, Swipp Familiars list, Swipp Skins list
All-element Farmers: Hawkfire (Arcane, level 1), Galaxy (Earth, level 1), Astraeus (Fire, level 10), Venomstrike (Ice, level 1), Petros (Light, level 1), Moonbeam (Lightning, level 25), Verdi (Nature, level 20), Rubyshimmer (Plague, level 1), Xaveria (Shadow, level 1), Denwo (Water, level 25), Sunbeam (Wind, level 1)
@OMGmusicals
It's in southern Ohio, on the north side of Cincinnati. So probably not since that's the other side of Ohio than Sandusky. It's a fun place though.
@OMGmusicals
It's in southern Ohio, on the north side of Cincinnati. So probably not since that's the other side of Ohio than Sandusky. It's a fun place though.
1 2